Jump to topic:

Jimmy Carter vs Obama

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 4:47:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Jimmy Carter, already an opponent of drones strikes, has just come out in support of Edward Snowden. He adds:

"America does not have a functioning democracy at this point in time"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

I had no idea he was such a badass.

He was also the first southern governor to demand an end to segregation. As well as the only president to win a Nobel peace prize for activities after leaving the White House.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Msyru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 5:13:56 AM
"No American outlets covered Carter's speech".

Yeah, hardly newsworthy is it...
"If you took the most ardent revolutionary, vested him in absolute power, within a year he would be worse than the Tsar himself."
Mikhail Bakunin
jimtimmy2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 12:03:52 PM
At 7/20/2013 10:04:49 AM, darkkermit wrote:
http://www.usatoday.com...

Another reason why I like him. He believes the jury decision in the zimmerman trial was right.

Don't forget that Carter also initiated deregulatory initiatives with regards to airlines as well as a few other industries.

I don't "like" him, but, as far as presidents go, he wasn't that bad.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 12:15:13 PM
Seems like a cool dude.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 12:31:43 PM
Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama are in competition for the "Worst President Ever" award. They will be in competition with each other, when Obama finishes his second term, for "Stupidest Thing Said By a Former President" award. So far, Carter is leaps and bounds ahead of Obama... and this just won him serious points to that end.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 7:27:54 AM
Carter has a habit of being idealistic to the point of stupidity. I assumed that his post-Presidency beliefs had political purposes behind them, but I'm not at all sure that's the case now. He COULD just be trying to gain points with the leftist crowd.

But if you're some bleeding-heart Chomsky fan and you admire Carter, there are things I could show you that would make your perfectly crisp bow tie shrivel up and scream.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 3:10:12 PM
At 7/21/2013 7:27:54 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Carter has a habit of being idealistic to the point of stupidity. I assumed that his post-Presidency beliefs had political purposes behind them, but I'm not at all sure that's the case now. He COULD just be trying to gain points with the leftist crowd.

But if you're some bleeding-heart Chomsky fan and you admire Carter, there are things I could show you that would make your perfectly crisp bow tie shrivel up and scream.

I'd like to see these things.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord