All in the name of fairness!

Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 6:41:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.cnsnews.com...

This is just outstanding. Why is it when progressives use the word fair, it's like a euphemism for treacherous deception and abuse of the system in favor of a special interest group?

After our latest fiasco with the housing crisis, we're now doubling down on stupid. (Unless we've all forgotten the reasoning and origins of subprime mortgages.) We're going to count how many black people live in a neighborhood and if there aren't enough, we're going to give black people preference to loans in better neighborhoods. Nothing racist about that.

I'm sure this will make things much more amusing.
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 6:47:43 PM
At 7/22/2013 6:41:40 PM, Naysayer wrote:

This is just outstanding. Why is it when progressives use the word fair, it's like a euphemism for treacherous deception and abuse of the system in favor of a special interest group?

After our latest fiasco with the housing crisis, we're now doubling down on stupid. (Unless we've all forgotten the reasoning and origins of subprime mortgages.) We're going to count how many black people live in a neighborhood and if there aren't enough, we're going to give black people preference to loans in better neighborhoods. Nothing racist about that.

Nothing racist is happening, because we seem to have misread the article. It says nothing of the sort.

However, my liberal heart is almost rapturous at the sight of so much right-wing race baiting. My patron political party is going to do very well in the upcoming national elections.
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 6:50:56 PM
At 7/22/2013 6:47:43 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 7/22/2013 6:41:40 PM, Naysayer wrote:

Nothing racist is happening, because we seem to have misread the article. It says nothing of the sort.

However, my liberal heart is almost rapturous at the sight of so much right-wing race baiting. My patron political party is going to do very well in the upcoming national elections.

Actually, I could have been more careful of my wording - this article SAYS that this is happening, but the statement is an unsupported assertion. Therefore, I can counter by saying, "isn't either."

And, I could ask if any of us are really going to "donate" $20.00 to help deliver the "Right News, Right Now." As the website asks.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 7:01:42 PM

Allow me to point out the buzzwords for you.

"fair housing barriers" and "establish clear goals" for "improving integrated living patterns and overcoming historic patterns of segregation."

lack of diversity in America's boardrooms, schools, and the nation's "strongest neighborhoods

expand access to high opportunity neighborhoods

Historic patterns of segregation and integrated living patterns. Right. The government should not be in the business of applying federal funds to move people around for the sake of racial integration.

And higher access to strongest neighborhoods is a ridiculous concept. Mortgages should be based on ability to pay back. Race shouldn't even be considered.

That's exactly what's going on. You're right about winning elections, I won't argue that. People have no concept of fairness or equal protection of the law anymore. That doesn't really justify your party's position, though. You can crow about it all you want.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 7:02:14 PM
At 7/22/2013 6:50:56 PM, DeFool wrote:
And, I could ask if any of us are really going to "donate" $20.00 to help deliver the "Right News, Right Now." As the website asks.

Not really relevant.
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 7:07:57 PM
At 7/22/2013 7:01:42 PM, Naysayer wrote:

"fair housing barriers" and "establish clear goals" for "improving integrated living patterns and overcoming historic patterns of segregation."

lack of diversity in America's boardrooms, schools, and the nation's "strongest neighborhoods

Historic patterns of segregation and integrated living patterns. Right. The government should not be in the business of applying federal funds to move people around for the sake of racial integration.

And higher access to strongest neighborhoods is a ridiculous concept. Mortgages should be based on ability to pay back. Race shouldn't even be considered.

That's exactly what's going on. You're right about winning elections, I won't argue that. People have no concept of fairness or equal protection of the law anymore. That doesn't really justify your party's position, though. You can crow about it all you want.

Yes, but the article is a work of fiction.

Surely you were not taking any of it seriously.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 9:56:08 PM
At 7/22/2013 7:07:57 PM, DeFool wrote:

It is exactly what it's portrayed to be. Affirmative action for national housing.
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 10:14:30 PM
At 7/22/2013 9:56:08 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 7/22/2013 7:07:57 PM, DeFool wrote:

It is exactly what it's portrayed to be. Affirmative action for national housing.

It isn't.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 10:39:54 PM
Source is dubious, partisan, and with a clear agenda.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 11:20:23 PM
At 7/22/2013 10:39:54 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
Source is dubious, partisan, and with a clear agenda.

Agreed. Still not justification for dismissal. Feel free to look it up yourself.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 12:16:32 AM
At 7/22/2013 7:01:42 PM, Naysayer wrote:

Agreed, but sadly, it some times is (as are other factors, like sexuality). Someone who can pay will be denied a sale because of completely arbitrary reasons.

How about this. A bill that states that the seller going through an authorized retailer is not allowed any information about any potential buyers other than financial information. That would force them to make a decision based on ability to pay back.

Of course, there are times those arbitrary reasons are not bigotry based. As I've seen some sellers that choose a young couple with a new born baby so that they can live in this good school district, or someone that reminds them of themselves when they were younger.

"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 12:20:39 AM
http://reversemortgagedaily.com...

The revision is nothing more than a tool to assist in the already existing Affirmative Action in housing (which has been around since 1968). This is not bringing it back or expanding it. It is merely a better way to track and analyse.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 7:03:05 AM
I don't see what the problem is considering that mortgages are already unfairly distributed. The richest African Americans receive loan rates similar to the rates of the poorest Caucasians. http://race.eserver.org...

Of course, you have no problem with this discrimination since it benefits you; you only have a problem with the correction. Loan rates and approvals are already not granted on the basis of ability to pay, but rather on the basis of discriminatory nonsense.

My parents faced similar types of discrimination when they were seeking housing. They would call people ahead of time and ask if housing was available and what the rate would be. Many times when they arrived a few hours later, the same individual with whom they had spoken on the phone would claim that no rooms were available or that the standard rate was higher. They always decided not to bother with those idiots again-after explaining that they were well aware of the discrimination and lies, of course.