Money, Jobs, and Race

DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 12:42:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
From last night's O'Reilly factor:

Yesterday President Obama echoed a familiar theme about the American economy.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

OBAMA: The average CEO has gotten a race of nearly 40 percent since 2009. The average American earns less than he or she did in 1999. This growing inequality, not just of results, inequality of opportunity -- this growing inequality, it's not just morally wrong. It's bad economics.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: Since Mr. Obama has been President, more than $6 trillion have been added to the national debt, much of that spent by the feds trying to redistribute income. Welfare payments have exploded. Obamacare costs a fortune and things like food stampings and disability are at record levels. It's clear that President Obama wants the federal government to run the economy and that has been a disaster.

Economic growth in this country is about two percent. That's why wages aren't rising. Workers make more money when there is a demand for their services. For example, my salary has gone up because other people would like to hire me. But with high unemployment and companies afraid to expand because of high taxation, there's little incentive for businesses to pay workers more. President Obama does not seem to understand that.

And then there is the cultural problem. Even if there were plenty of jobs, most employers are not going to hire people who can't read well and speak proper English.

Right now the unemployment rate among black males age 16 to 19, 57 percent; 57 percent. It's 25 percent for white males that age. Overall, black unemployment, 14 percent; white unemployment, 6.6 percent.

The reason, in many poor neighborhoods there's chaos, violence and little discipline in the public schools. Kids aren't learning. Also with the African-American-out-of-wedlock birth rate, at 73 percent. Many young blacks are unsupervised and prone to imitate bad behavior like what Lil Wayne puts out.

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

WAYNE: Pop a lot of pain pills. Bout to put rims on my skateboard wheels. Beat that [EXPLETIVE DELETED] up like Emmett Till. Yeah --

Two cell phones ringing at the same time. That's your ho calling from two different phones. Tell that bitch "leave me [EXPLETIVE DELETED] alone. See you [EXPLETIVE DELETED] her long --

(END AUDIO CLIP)

O'REILLY: Now after hearing that piece of garbage, Mountain Dew pulled a multimillion dollar endorsement deal the company had with Lil Wayne... Presto. Guess who intervenes? Does the name Al Sharpton ring a bell?

His National Action Network held a meeting with Mountain Dew and the family of Emmett Till who were outraged by that stupid rap. And by the way, if you want to know what happened to Emmett. Read "Killing Kennedy," we vividly examined why he was murdered.

Anyway in a statement Sharpton said, quote, "National Action Network" doesn't want the end result to be the penalization of artists, although they clearly need to be corrected," unquote.

Well, that's kind of holistic, isn't it?

And here is a shocker. The parent company of Lil Wayne, Cash Money Content, which markets vile stuff that hurts children, is a partner in distributing Sharpton's upcoming book. That's right. Al Sharpton is in business with people who put out entertainment harmful to children. Sharpton spokesperson says it's not Al who made that deal, it's Massenburg media his publisher. That's bogus every author and I am one has control over who he or she does business with. The fact is Al Sharpton is allowing a company that harms black children to distribute his book.

"Talking Points" will make this point again. The civil rights industry is not addressing the core reason why many African-Americans are not succeeding in the marketplace. Because of that, young blacks continue to be at risk and have enormous obstacles to overcome.

And that's "The Memo."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com...
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 1:07:30 PM
At 7/26/2013 12:42:37 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

OBAMA: The average CEO has gotten a race of nearly 40 percent since 2009. The average American earns less than he or she did in 1999. This growing inequality, not just of results, inequality of opportunity -- this growing inequality, it's not just morally wrong. It's bad economics.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: Since Mr. Obama has been President, more than $6 trillion have been added to the national debt, much of that spent by the feds trying to redistribute income.

Bullsh*t. Most of it due to decreased tax revenue.

Welfare payments have exploded. Obamacare costs a fortune and things like food stampings and disability are at record levels. It's clear that President Obama wants the federal government to run the economy and that has been a disaster.

Hmm. Could this be due to the fact that, you know, there was a spike in unemployment?

Economic growth in this country is about two percent. That's why wages aren't rising. Workers make more money when there is a demand for their services. For example, my salary has gone up because other people would like to hire me. But with high unemployment and companies afraid to expand because of high taxation, there's little incentive for businesses to pay workers more. President Obama does not seem to understand that.

This is basic economics. There are currently more workers than open job positions. Therefore, employers get to set the price, and those who want a job have to take what is available to them.

And then there is the cultural problem. Even if there were plenty of jobs, most employers are not going to hire people who can't read well and speak proper English.

Then spend more on education.

Right now the unemployment rate among black males age 16 to 19, 57 percent; 57 percent. It's 25 percent for white males that age. Overall, black unemployment, 14 percent; white unemployment, 6.6 percent.

Hmm, could this be due to historical widespread poverty among African-American communities?

The reason, in many poor neighborhoods there's chaos, violence and little discipline in the public schools. Kids aren't learning. Also with the African-American-out-of-wedlock birth rate, at 73 percent. Many young blacks are unsupervised and prone to imitate bad behavior like what Lil Wayne puts out.

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

WAYNE: Pop a lot of pain pills. Bout to put rims on my skateboard wheels. Beat that [EXPLETIVE DELETED] up like Emmett Till. Yeah --

Two cell phones ringing at the same time. That's your ho calling from two different phones. Tell that bitch "leave me [EXPLETIVE DELETED] alone. See you [EXPLETIVE DELETED] her long --

(END AUDIO CLIP)

O'REILLY: Now after hearing that piece of garbage, Mountain Dew pulled a multimillion dollar endorsement deal the company had with Lil Wayne... Presto. Guess who intervenes? Does the name Al Sharpton ring a bell?

His National Action Network held a meeting with Mountain Dew and the family of Emmett Till who were outraged by that stupid rap. And by the way, if you want to know what happened to Emmett. Read "Killing Kennedy," we vividly examined why he was murdered.

Anyway in a statement Sharpton said, quote, "National Action Network" doesn't want the end result to be the penalization of artists, although they clearly need to be corrected," unquote.

And here is a shocker. The parent company of Lil Wayne, Cash Money Content, which markets vile stuff that hurts children, is a partner in distributing Sharpton's upcoming book. That's right. Al Sharpton is in business with people who put out entertainment harmful to children. Sharpton spokesperson says it's not Al who made that deal, it's Massenburg media his publisher. That's bogus every author and I am one has control over who he or she does business with. The fact is Al Sharpton is allowing a company that harms black children to distribute his book.

Ah, no "The Memo" is complete without some irrelevant Al Sharpton-bashing. Why does it matter what publisher he uses? Anyway, did you know that the "gang lifestyle" is caused by poverty more often than not? I know, it is so shocking! But it is true!

"Talking Points" will make this point again. The civil rights industry is not addressing the core reason why many African-Americans are not succeeding in the marketplace. Because of that, young blacks continue to be at risk and have enormous obstacles to overcome.

So what exactly is being proposed here? A ban on rap? I don't think that will solve much.

And that's "The Memo."

Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
jimtimmy2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 2:16:51 PM
At 7/26/2013 1:07:30 PM, drhead wrote:
At 7/26/2013 12:42:37 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

(END VIDEO CLIP)

O'REILLY: Since Mr. Obama has been President, more than $6 trillion have been added to the national debt, much of that spent by the feds trying to redistribute income.

Bullsh*t. Most of it due to decreased tax revenue.

You do realize that this is totally false. It's spending.

Welfare payments have exploded. Obamacare costs a fortune and things like food stampings and disability are at record levels. It's clear that President Obama wants the federal government to run the economy and that has been a disaster.

Hmm. Could this be due to the fact that, you know, there was a spike in unemployment?

Hmmm. Or, it could be the result of a too large welfare state that destroys the incentive to seek a job.

This is basic economics. There are currently more workers than open job positions. Therefore, employers get to set the price, and those who want a job have to take what is available to them.

BS. Basic economics tells us that a wage is an agreed upon arrangement. BTW, wages are actually artificially high due to unemployment benefits.

Then spend more on education.

Well. You could look at the evidence that shows spending more on education does nothing to improve education. But, it's much easier to pretend otherwise.

Hmm, could this be due to historical widespread poverty among African-American communities?

Or. It could be policies that lead to incentives not to work. In fact, that is exactly what it is.

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

(END AUDIO CLIP)

Ah, no "The Memo" is complete without some irrelevant Al Sharpton-bashing. Why does it matter what publisher he uses? Anyway, did you know that the "gang lifestyle" is caused by poverty more often than not? I know, it is so shocking! But it is true!

Actually. It's not at all. Its caused by:

1.) Social programs that lead to bad incentives

2.) Anti business regulations that stifle upward mobility

3.) Drug war

4.) Innate behavioral traits that lead to more violent african american communities

Poverty is a RESULT of these things.

So what exactly is being proposed here? A ban on rap? I don't think that will solve much.

Ban on rap is a terrible idea.

And that's "The Memo."