Total Posts:140|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Where are the Animal Cruelty accusations?

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 5:40:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.cnn.com...

Man picks up a raccoon fighting with his pet dog and hurls it down a flight of stairs.

CNN gives the man some air time and a round of applause for doing so. Even PETA is applauding the toss.

Hypocrisy? Why isn't this considered animal cruelty? Because raccoons are not animals?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 6:33:23 PM
At 7/27/2013 5:40:32 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Man picks up a raccoon fighting with his pet dog and hurls it down a flight of stairs.

CNN gives the man some air time and a round of applause for doing so. Even PETA is applauding the toss.

Hypocrisy? Why isn't this considered animal cruelty? Because raccoons are not animals?

I don't know, what would you have done if a raccoon was attacking your dog? The raccoon is more than a bit guilty of animal cruelty itself.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 6:33:45 PM
This wouldn't be the first act of Hypocrisy the PETA has made...

Anyways, like Hawkins said it's because they aren't cute animals humans usually associate themselves with.
Nolite Timere
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 6:40:38 PM
At 7/27/2013 6:33:23 PM, drhead wrote:

I don't know, what would you have done if a raccoon was attacking your dog? The raccoon is more than a bit guilty of animal cruelty itself.

You're making an assumption bro. Maybe your pet is doing his best impression of George Zimmerman.
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 6:41:08 PM
At 7/27/2013 6:24:59 PM, tulle wrote:
Omg The poor raccoon trying to get away from the chimpanzees :(

Dude, he GOT away. FAR away. =)
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 6:44:26 PM
I wonder if PETA would have been as forgiving had it been the man himself being attacked by a raccoon and he grabbed it and threw it down the stairs :/
yang.
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 6:45:34 PM
At 7/27/2013 6:44:26 PM, tulle wrote:
I wonder if PETA would have been as forgiving had it been the man himself being attacked by a raccoon and he grabbed it and threw it down the stairs :/

Nope.
Nolite Timere
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 6:46:25 PM

It would have been unforgivable I bet, lol.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 6:55:02 PM
Animal defence.
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 6:57:51 PM
At 7/27/2013 6:46:25 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

It would have been unforgivable I bet, lol.

The crazy wing would say unforgivable. There is a sane section.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Such
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 8:54:08 PM

It's not considered animal cruelty, because it wasn't cruel. It was in defense of his dog, and the act was limited to the extent he felt he needed to go to in order to save his dog.

The act wasn't excessive. It's not as though he attacked or chased the raccoon with a weapon, and the raccoon wasn't mortally wounded (if it was wounded at all).

It's a shame that people still find a way to be so critical of an interest group when that group clearly reacts to a subject of interest appropriately.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 9:17:06 PM
the video is actually very funny. Made me literally LOL.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 9:59:48 PM
At 7/27/2013 9:17:06 PM, DanT wrote:

THat guy has some balls to just pick up a wild racoon and throw it like that.
Nolite Timere
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 10:09:29 PM
PETA is actually a pretty horrible group. I prefer the ASPCA.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 11:01:47 PM
At 7/27/2013 9:59:48 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
At 7/27/2013 9:17:06 PM, DanT wrote:

THat guy has some balls to just pick up a wild racoon and throw it like that.

You know who else has some balls? The guy who stuck his head in an alligator's mouth.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 11:24:11 PM
At 7/27/2013 8:54:08 PM, Such wrote:

It's not considered animal cruelty, because it wasn't cruel. It was in defense of his dog, and the act was limited to the extent he felt he needed to go to in order to save his dog.

He could have simply scared the raccoon away. He certainly did not need to toss it.

The act wasn't excessive. It's not as though he attacked or chased the raccoon with a weapon, and the raccoon wasn't mortally wounded (if it was wounded at all).

Tossing an animal down a flight of stairs, about a 20 feet drop, wasn't excessive to you? He also chased the raccoon after, probably with the intent of incapacitating it.

A 150 lb man does not need a weapon to kill a 20 lb raccoon.

It's a shame that people still find a way to be so critical of an interest group when that group clearly reacts to a subject of interest appropriately.

How was the action appropriate?
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 11:31:17 PM
The response to the incident is emotional, not logical. A dog is considered a part of the family, rather than a animal, thus the response is akin to you saving your wife from a cow, or a bull or something.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2013 11:37:50 PM
At 7/27/2013 11:24:11 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 7/27/2013 8:54:08 PM, Such wrote:

He could have simply scared the raccoon away. He certainly did not need to toss it.

Tossing an animal down a flight of stairs, about a 20 feet drop, wasn't excessive to you? He also chased the raccoon after, probably with the intent of incapacitating it.

A 150 lb man does not need a weapon to kill a 20 lb raccoon.

Oh, well why didn't he just give the raccoon a hug, for that matter? I'm sure nothing could go wrong!

But seriously, in situations like these, you have to use the options at your disposal, and often the first one that comes to mind. There isn't much time to think.

Probably because all parties walked away alive, and that the raccoon was clearly being a pest and was threatening the life of his dog. What reason is there to complain in such a situation?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:12:09 AM
At 7/27/2013 11:37:50 PM, drhead wrote:

Probably because all parties walked away alive, and that the raccoon was clearly being a pest and was threatening the life of his dog. What reason is there to complain in such a situation?

Again how do you know this? All you see is a fight between the raccoon and the dog. You don't see who threw the first punch, lol. Then George Zimmerman comes in, picks up the raccoon and deals his brand of justice, and everyone applauds him as a hero.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:13:39 AM

Stand your ground laws strike again.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:36:43 AM
At 7/28/2013 12:13:39 AM, Wnope wrote:

Stand your ground laws strike again.

=)
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 12:43:20 AM
At 7/28/2013 12:12:09 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

Again how do you know this? All you see is a fight between the raccoon and the dog. You don't see who threw the first punch, lol. Then George Zimmerman comes in, picks up the raccoon and deals his brand of justice, and everyone applauds him as a hero.

If that was the case, then the raccoon was saved from the dog in this manner.
Wall of Fail

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 1:32:03 AM
At 7/28/2013 12:43:20 AM, drhead wrote:
At 7/28/2013 12:12:09 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

If that was the case, then the raccoon was saved from the dog in this manner.

That's like saying that Trayvon Martin was saved from a criminal charge by George Zimmerman shooting him in the heart.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 1:37:12 AM

PETA is applauding the man? Never thought I'd live to see the day.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 1:51:14 AM
Are you just trollin', wrichcirw? the raccoon survived, the fight was broken up, and the man's family member was saved from injury.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2013 2:23:20 AM
At 7/28/2013 1:51:14 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Are you just trollin', wrichcirw? the raccoon survived, the fight was broken up, and the man's family member was saved from injury.

Was there any doubt that he was trolling?