Snowden Granted Asylum in Russia

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 4:32:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.theguardian.com...

Snowden has a one year free pass in Russia, courtesy of Putin himself.

Anyone want to wager that he dies during this year?

---

Also, the latest from Snowden, XKeyscore:

"XKeyscore, the documents boast, is the NSA's "widest reaching" system developing intelligence from computer networks " what the agency calls Digital Network Intelligence (DNI). One presentation claims the program covers "nearly everything a typical user does on the internet", including the content of emails, websites visited and searches, as well as their metadata."

"Analysts can also use XKeyscore and other NSA systems to obtain ongoing "real-time" interception of an individual's internet activity."

"The system is similar to the way in which NSA analysts generally can intercept the communications of anyone they select, including, as one NSA document put it, "communications that transit the United States and communications that terminate in the United States"."

"The XKeyscore program also allows an analyst to learn the IP addresses of every person who visits any website the analyst specifies."

"The quantity of communications accessible through programs such as XKeyscore is staggeringly large. One NSA report from 2007 estimated that there were 850bn "call events" collected and stored in the NSA databases, and close to 150bn internet records. Each day, the document says, 1-2bn records were added."

"William Binney, a former NSA mathematician, said last year that the agency had "assembled on the order of 20tn transactions about US citizens with other US citizens", an estimate, he said, that "only was involving phone calls and emails". A 2010 Washington Post article reported that "every day, collection systems at the [NSA] intercept and store 1.7bn emails, phone calls and other type of communications.""

"The XKeyscore system is continuously collecting so much internet data that it can be stored only for short periods of time. Content remains on the system for only three to five days, while metadata is stored for 30 days. One document explains: "At some sites, the amount of data we receive per day (20+ terabytes) can only be stored for as little as 24 hours.""

"To solve this problem, the NSA has created a multi-tiered system that allows analysts to store "interesting" content in other databases, such as one named Pinwale which can store material for up to five years. "

http://www.theguardian.com...

To my knowledge, Snowden is still in possession of 4 laptops with god-knows-what information.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 2:29:47 AM
Maybe with his leet hacking skills, he hacked into the US nuclear arsenal and detonated all of them. No?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 2:31:57 AM
At 8/2/2013 2:29:47 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
Maybe with his leet hacking skills, he hacked into the US nuclear arsenal and detonated all of them. No?

hmm Probably not. I think someone may have mentioned this if it happened. But who can trust the media to report the news these days....
Debate.org Moderator
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 2:38:40 AM
At 8/2/2013 2:31:57 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

hmm Probably not. I think someone may have mentioned this if it happened. But who can trust the media to report the news these days....

Lol. That went completely over your head.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 2:39:02 AM
Moments like this make me proud to be Russian.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 2:47:29 AM
At 8/2/2013 2:38:40 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/2/2013 2:31:57 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Lol. That went completely over your head.

haha I think my own sarcasm may be a bit too subtle too... it's late though, it probably wasn't very funny
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 2:49:21 AM
At 8/2/2013 2:39:02 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

The only reason I'm proud of my Russian lineage is Tetris :P

and I don't tend to talk up the German side

Considering my ancestors fled from both countries I'll just be content being American... and Irish... along with being Jewish that means I have like 4 drinking holidays haha
Debate.org Moderator
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 3:19:34 AM
At 8/2/2013 2:49:21 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Considering my ancestors fled from both countries I'll just be content being American... and Irish... along with being Jewish that means I have like 4 drinking holidays haha

I didn't realize that Irish Jews were a thing.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 3:35:37 AM
At 8/2/2013 3:19:34 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:

I didn't realize that Irish Jews were a thing.

It's pretty uncommon I imagine. My ancestors came from all over the place, moving around until they got to the US 3 generations ago.
Debate.org Moderator
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 4:12:32 AM

That's pretty cool. I'm first generation- born in Russia.
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 4:53:05 AM
At 8/2/2013 4:50:54 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Everyone always thinks they're Irish... -_-

1845; never forget.
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 10:36:45 AM
Has anyone noticed the unusual amount of fear mongers on the left online? Seems like the right has switched with the left in security issues, lol. Granted, both sides are doing it to serve their own party's agenda, i.e Democrats being a cheerleader for their president, Republicans making up dissent for the same policy they supported during Bush.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 10:41:48 AM
At 8/1/2013 4:32:57 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

To my knowledge, Snowden is still in possession of 4 laptops with god-knows-what information.

And the Ruskies haven't relieved him of them yet?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 10:43:20 AM
At 8/2/2013 4:50:54 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Everyone always thinks they're Irish... -_-

I'm 1/32 Irish, supposedly.

May the best man win!
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 10:43:57 AM
At 8/2/2013 10:36:45 AM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
Has anyone noticed the unusual amount of fear mongers on the left online? Seems like the right has switched with the left in security issues, lol. Granted, both sides are doing it to serve their own party's agenda, i.e Democrats being a cheerleader for their president, Republicans making up dissent for the same policy they supported during Bush.

Your statement isn't relevant to this thread.
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 10:44:53 AM
At 8/2/2013 10:41:48 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

Does it matter?

The real question is whether or not they've already downloaded everything on those drives, and this question also applies to the Chinese.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 10:47:15 AM
Being currently in Russia, it's interesting seeing the public's reaction. Ultimately, the vast majority of them support Snowden and his actions either because he was morally or legally (reference to the Constitution) justified. Most also support asylum requests more out of spite for the US than anything else because the US is currently harboring and given citizenships to anti- Russian terrorists.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 11:02:55 AM
At 8/2/2013 10:44:53 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/2/2013 10:41:48 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

Does it matter?

The real question is whether or not they've already downloaded everything on those drives, and this question also applies to the Chinese.

You know, Snowden is a mole. They gave him something semi-trivial to release to the public, and then gave him information with a Trojan horse interwoven with the data. Now the Ruskies and Chinos are uploading a virus into their systems. Snowden either is, or isn't in on it.

May the best man win!
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 12:25:10 PM
At 8/2/2013 10:43:57 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

Yes it is, apparently you haven't seen online all the liberals and Obama supporters who are claiming Snowden should be offed for this.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 12:34:47 PM
At 8/2/2013 12:25:10 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:

Yes it is, apparently you haven't seen online all the liberals and Obama supporters who are claiming Snowden should be offed for this.

Two minutes on a search engine debunks your claim.

Fox News:

Capitol Hill voices bipartisan support for formal charges against Snowden

http://www.foxnews.com...
ConservativeAmerican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 1:05:00 PM
At 8/2/2013 12:34:47 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Fox News:

I understand that objectively he should be charged, I am not saying you are wrong.

I mean, there are people online claiming he should get the death penalty, claiming that everywhere he goes he gave away our secrets, etc.

All you have to do is read the comment message boards of almost any website to verify this.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 1:07:50 PM
At 8/2/2013 1:05:00 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
At 8/2/2013 12:34:47 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Fox News:

I understand that objectively he should be charged, I am not saying you are wrong.

I mean, there are people online claiming he should get the death penalty, claiming that everywhere he goes he gave away our secrets, etc.

All you have to do is read the comment message boards of almost any website to verify this.

Comment boards do not corroborate a liberal or a conservative stance. You know as well as I do that they're typically littered with trolls, especially boards that could care less about who comments on them. At least here people are somewhat guarded about their online persona, so there is somewhat less trolling.

This is more accurate of a liberal viewpoint on the matter:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 1:13:17 PM
Writing in their daily Washington Post column Wonkbook, Klein and Soltas even went so far as to suggest that Snowden doesn't actually exist. That he is, more than likely, is an NSA creation"a diversionary tactic to get the masses following a narrative, "emotional arc," and thus forget the NSA leaks themselves.

"Aeroflot flight 150, from Moscow to Havana, was packed with dozens of journalists who"d bought tickets to get a glimpse of, and maybe even an interview with, fleeing leaker Edward Snowden," write Klein and Soltas. "But when the doors closed and the plane readied for takeoff, they made an unpleasant discovery: Snowden wasn"t on the plane... There is, of course, only one explanation for Snowden"s absence: He never existed in the first place."

Let's pretend for a second that they aren't being cheeky. (An added editor's note makes clear that it's a joke.) For the Klein and Soltas theory to work, an endlessly fascinating, all encompassing, stem-winding NWO-style conspiracy theory must be explored, in which all of the following would have to be true: Glenn Greenwald, the Guardian and Washington Post were complicit with the NSA; Julian Assange is an NSA agent; WikiLeaks is an ongoing false flag operation and isn't actually with Snowden; and Russia, China, Hong Kong and Ecuador are all in league with the US. Put more simply, America's domestic and international spy operations have completely infiltrated every foreign government, news organization and airport in the world.

We could even get playfully recursive with the theory. Perhaps Klein and Soltas are, in fact, NSA agents spreading disinformation. Maybe I am, too.

Read more: http://motherboard.vice.com...
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 1:24:52 PM
At 8/2/2013 1:13:17 PM, Cermank wrote:
[massive conspiracy theory]
We could even get playfully recursive with the theory. Perhaps Klein and Soltas are, in fact, NSA agents spreading disinformation. Maybe I am, too.

Maybe the NSA doesn't exist. Maybe Barack Obama died in a plane crash shortly after meeting Hillary Clinton in the Senate, whose true name is Emperor Palpatine after he received a sex change. I'm Darth Vader. Or maybe I'm Luke Skywalker. Ewoks are cute.

Back to reality now, I'm guessing Snowden is going to get assassinated sometime within his free pass in Russia.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 1:47:49 PM
At 8/2/2013 1:24:52 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Maybe the NSA doesn't exist. Maybe Barack Obama died in a plane crash shortly after meeting Hillary Clinton in the Senate, whose true name is Emperor Palpatine after he received a sex change. I'm Darth Vader. Or maybe I'm Luke Skywalker. Ewoks are cute.

Back to reality now, I'm guessing Snowden is going to get assassinated sometime within his free pass in Russia.

I wouldnt be so sure.... Anyone who can last a month living in a Russian Airport probably has some handy survival skills
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 2:48:28 PM
At 8/2/2013 1:47:49 PM, imabench wrote:
At 8/2/2013 1:24:52 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

I wouldnt be so sure.... Anyone who can last a month living in a Russian Airport probably has some handy survival skills

Contrary to popular belief, Sbarro's isn't lethal. =)