Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Pressure Cooker" & Backpacks, Oh My!

DoubtingDave
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 7:33:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Be careful, Big Brother is watching you and knows what you are doing on the internet.


Michele Catalano was looking for information online about pressure cookers. Her husband, in the same time frame, was Googling backpacks. Wednesday morning, six men from a joint terrorism task force showed up at their house to see if they were terrorists. Which begs the question: How'd the government know what they were Googling?


http://news.yahoo.com...

How DID the Gov't know what they were doing? Well Edward Snowden probably knows but is unfortunately unable to leak anything else.

Here is what I predict what will come out within the next two years:

- The Gov't is listening to your phone calls
- The Gov't tracks and keylogs what you type
- The Gov't reads your emails.

Don't believe me? Well, don't say I didn't warn ya.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
ararmer1919
Posts: 362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 8:11:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/5/2013 7:33:51 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:
Be careful, Big Brother is watching you and knows what you are doing on the internet.


Michele Catalano was looking for information online about pressure cookers. Her husband, in the same time frame, was Googling backpacks. Wednesday morning, six men from a joint terrorism task force showed up at their house to see if they were terrorists. Which begs the question: How'd the government know what they were Googling?


http://news.yahoo.com...

How DID the Gov't know what they were doing? Well Edward Snowden probably knows but is unfortunately unable to leak anything else.

Here is what I predict what will come out within the next two years:

- The Gov't is listening to your phone calls
- The Gov't tracks and keylogs what you type
- The Gov't reads your emails.

Don't believe me? Well, don't say I didn't warn ya.

So yeah I just got to say this looks faker then all get out. Now before you start wailing on me for being blind to my big bad government I already know that they spy on us and all that. Just that this specific incident looks fake. Especially the six man team deal. If its an actual joint counter terrorist operation there's going to be F@&$ ton more people there involved then just a single SUV with 6 dudes. Picture looks fake as well. And I laughed at how you said you predict that thin the next 2 years or so all these things will happen, when the hilarious truth is they've been doing this for years already. You really think they haven't heard your phone calls yet? Or checked your email? 2 years from now? Try 2 or so years ago.
DeFool
Posts: 626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 8:48:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/5/2013 8:16:34 PM, FrackJack wrote:
I'll google "How to kill Obama". I tell the FBI you said "Hi".

I was also considering conducting a number of highly suspicious internet searches. However, before I did so, I found this: http://www.slate.com...

It turns out that the NSA did not conduct the raid as a result of domestic spying. Her husband's former employer was the party that went through his searches from his work computer, and reported him.

This does not support a fear of intrusive governance.

However, it does support the case of those who, like myself, believe that the 'terrorist threat' is overblown - the playground of cowards and paranoid murder fantasies. As Roosevelt might have pointed out, our fear of terror is more dangerous than terror itself.
ararmer1919
Posts: 362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 7:39:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/5/2013 8:48:51 PM, DeFool wrote:
At 8/5/2013 8:16:34 PM, FrackJack wrote:
I'll google "How to kill Obama". I tell the FBI you said "Hi".

I was also considering conducting a number of highly suspicious internet searches. However, before I did so, I found this: http://www.slate.com...

It turns out that the NSA did not conduct the raid as a result of domestic spying. Her husband's former employer was the party that went through his searches from his work computer, and reported him.

This does not support a fear of intrusive governance.

However, it does support the case of those who, like myself, believe that the 'terrorist threat' is overblown - the playground of cowards and paranoid murder fantasies. As Roosevelt might have pointed out, our fear of terror is more dangerous than terror itself.

Called it.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2013 12:43:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/5/2013 8:11:01 PM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 8/5/2013 7:33:51 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:
Be careful, Big Brother is watching you and knows what you are doing on the internet.


Michele Catalano was looking for information online about pressure cookers. Her husband, in the same time frame, was Googling backpacks. Wednesday morning, six men from a joint terrorism task force showed up at their house to see if they were terrorists. Which begs the question: How'd the government know what they were Googling?


http://news.yahoo.com...

How DID the Gov't know what they were doing? Well Edward Snowden probably knows but is unfortunately unable to leak anything else.

Here is what I predict what will come out within the next two years:

- The Gov't is listening to your phone calls
- The Gov't tracks and keylogs what you type
- The Gov't reads your emails.

Don't believe me? Well, don't say I didn't warn ya.


So yeah I just got to say this looks faker then all get out. Now before you start wailing on me for being blind to my big bad government I already know that they spy on us and all that. Just that this specific incident looks fake. Especially the six man team deal. If its an actual joint counter terrorist operation there's going to be F@&$ ton more people there involved then just a single SUV with 6 dudes. Picture looks fake as well. And I laughed at how you said you predict that thin the next 2 years or so all these things will happen, when the hilarious truth is they've been doing this for years already. You really think they haven't heard your phone calls yet? Or checked your email? 2 years from now? Try 2 or so years ago.

I don't know whether to nod my head or cry. :o
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2013 10:25:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Haha, that picture in the article is extremely fake. It's been all over the Internet as a meme picture now for a while, and is clearly photoshopped.

Anyway, I don't know why we're crying wolf about all this NOW, as though this is some new Obama thing. I mean yeah, it's bad, and I've been up-in-arms over it since it began/since I was old enough to understand what the PATRIOT USA Act/other legislation meant. But this isn't just an evil Democrat scheme, it's really been more of an evil everybody scheme.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2013 3:47:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I will say, the photo rings my "How'd they get that picture" bell.

Unless, of course, just before the task force entered they called up a photographer.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2013 4:07:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/10/2013 3:47:34 PM, Wnope wrote:
I will say, the photo rings my "How'd they get that picture" bell.

Unless, of course, just before the task force entered they called up a photographer.

It's the wrong incident. The photo was captioned with something about the police doing a search during the Boston Bombing incident. Kind of stupid of them to do that.

Here's another taken around the same time, clearly not photoshopped:

https://www.google.com...
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?