Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

I can't stand...

Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 8:54:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
...how people think racism is more often than not practiced by whites. QUESTION: If South Africa had had rights that were restricted to black people instead of the reverse, would we have responded in the same fashion?

A: No, absolutely not, and that's something I know for certain. We wouldn't have made a peep. You know how I know? Ask me how.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Bullish
Posts: 3,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 8:59:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/7/2013 8:54:43 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
You know how I know? Ask me how.

Oh, why?
0x5f3759df
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 9:00:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I cant stand..... Because ive fallen and I cant get up
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 9:01:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/7/2013 8:59:48 PM, Bullish wrote:
At 8/7/2013 8:54:43 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
You know how I know? Ask me how.

Oh, why?

Because fucking Liberia, that's why. It already exists.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 9:06:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I think you should contextualize the accusation. The majority of successful nations, which immigrants would diffuse into are established with an ethnically white majority. Not that this is evidence of some racial superiority, but it's just the manner in which history has taken course from European imperialism. Naturally, the cohabitation of different peoples would lead to animus, predictably initiated by members of the host.

The coincidence of these circumstances produces the impression that white people are often prejudiced - but we can understand that this impression arises as a function of general human behavior under specific conditions, and not some unilateral flaw of a whole group of people.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 9:16:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/7/2013 9:06:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think you should contextualize the accusation. The majority of successful nations, which immigrants would diffuse into are established with an ethnically white majority. Not that this is evidence of some racial superiority, but it's just the manner in which history has taken course from European imperialism. Naturally, the cohabitation of different peoples would lead to animus, predictably initiated by members of the host.

The coincidence of these circumstances produces the impression that white people are often prejudiced - but we can understand that this impression arises as a function of general human behavior under specific conditions, and not some unilateral flaw of a whole group of people.

Way to miss the point, dude. I'm just venting my rage at the ridiculous double standard that has historically been applied to whites. Look at what China is doing in Tibet. Isn't that at least as bad as what South Africa did? But who cares about what some chinks do in their corner of the world? It's racism itself when you don't apply the same responsibility to other races. Anyone who calls Israel an apartheid state is a racist, not against Jews, but against Arabs, because he doesn't think that the restriction of citizenship and massive expulsions of Palestinians from Arab countries is worth protesting. They support apartheid in Lebanon, Syria, Kuwait, etc.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 9:19:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
And Liberia is the perfect experiment. Two African countries. Both only give citizenship to one racial group. One gets internationally boycotted for decades. One gets completely ignored. Can you guess which racial group goes with which response?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 9:24:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I honestly think it's part of a white guilt complex, sort of the same as jews who are against Israel. It will probably dissolve one day when minorities really push their luck and overplay their hand.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 9:26:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/7/2013 9:16:06 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/7/2013 9:06:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
I think you should contextualize the accusation. The majority of successful nations, which immigrants would diffuse into are established with an ethnically white majority. Not that this is evidence of some racial superiority, but it's just the manner in which history has taken course from European imperialism. Naturally, the cohabitation of different peoples would lead to animus, predictably initiated by members of the host.

The coincidence of these circumstances produces the impression that white people are often prejudiced - but we can understand that this impression arises as a function of general human behavior under specific conditions, and not some unilateral flaw of a whole group of people.

Way to miss the point, dude. I'm just venting my rage at the ridiculous double standard that has historically been applied to whites. Look at what China is doing in Tibet. Isn't that at least as bad as what South Africa did? But who cares about what some chinks do in their corner of the world? It's racism itself when you don't apply the same responsibility to other races. Anyone who calls Israel an apartheid state is a racist, not against Jews, but against Arabs, because he doesn't think that the restriction of citizenship and massive expulsions of Palestinians from Arab countries is worth protesting. They support apartheid in Lebanon, Syria, Kuwait, etc.

I was only saying that racist policy can potentially exist among any group in any region of the world, but the racism practiced by caucasians is most pronounced because of the immensity of wealth and the immensity of the resulting immigration in predominantly caucasian countries. This would be why that double standard perception exists. I don't see how I'm not addressing your point.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 12:20:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/7/2013 9:24:02 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
I honestly think it's part of a white guilt complex,

^ that

sort of the same as jews who are against Israel. It will probably dissolve one day when minorities really push their luck and overplay their hand.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 12:22:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/8/2013 12:20:22 AM, imabench wrote:
At 8/7/2013 9:24:02 PM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
I honestly think it's part of a white guilt complex,

^ that

I'm guessing since you're a liberal you find 'that' absurd or humorous?

sort of the same as jews who are against Israel. It will probably dissolve one day when minorities really push their luck and overplay their hand.