Jump to topic:

Fox News In Steep Decline *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 4:38:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well it appears that my ominous predictions were right again. You could feel the air come out of the tires that once rolled the GOP with authority. Yes, they were rollin high when the Conservative Obstruction Block was in power. Isnt it funny how quickly things have changed. The demographics do not lie my friends. Fox News like the rest of the Republican Party is having a major crisis. And yes, they are in a very steep decline. Now we can come up with 100 reasons why. Today I will leave that up to you, as it should not come to a total surprise given the last Election.
Anyway, see the website below. What do you make of this. =)

http://www.newscorpse.com...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 4:43:03 PM
My prediction: Republicans have until 2020 to completely reform themselves before we enter a Democratic era.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 4:47:08 PM
At 8/8/2013 4:43:03 PM, FREEDO wrote:
My prediction: Republicans have until 2020 to completely reform themselves before we enter a Democratic era.

You mean like during the FDR era when the Democrats had their Liberal lockdown on America. It could very well happen once again. But we live in a reactionary society. Those days are gone, and we are more moderate than anything else. Which means that us Democrats would vote for a guy like Christie. Even though he is technically,
a Republican. =)
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 4:53:18 PM
At 8/8/2013 4:47:08 PM, inferno wrote:

You mean like during the FDR era when the Democrats had their Liberal lockdown on America. It could very well happen once again. But we live in a reactionary society. Those days are gone, and we are more moderate than anything else. Which means that us Democrats would vote for a guy like Christie. Even though he is technically,
a Republican. =)

I doubt Democrats will be as radical as back then. I just mean they're going to win the next few presidential elections and keep a majority.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 4:57:36 PM
At 8/8/2013 4:53:18 PM, FREEDO wrote:

a Republican. =)

I doubt Democrats will be as radical as back then. I just mean they're going to win the next few presidential elections and keep a majority.

You mean Obama?
: At 8/8/2013 6:15:09 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
: The idiots are rebelling.

http://i.imgur.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 5:02:03 PM
At 8/8/2013 4:57:36 PM, FrackJack wrote:
At 8/8/2013 4:53:18 PM, FREEDO wrote:

a Republican. =)

You mean Obama?

No. He means reality. Right now because the minority is becoming the majority, this means some dark days ahead for the ill fated GOP. =)
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 5:09:36 PM
At 8/8/2013 5:01:16 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/8/2013 4:57:36 PM, FrackJack wrote:
You mean Obama?

Say huh?

> Implying that Obama will be elected for a 3rd and 4th time.

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 5:10:54 PM

I think the only way they could take back the stage is if Democrats f*ck something up really bad
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
FrackJack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 5:12:05 PM
At 8/8/2013 5:10:54 PM, imabench wrote:

I think the only way they could take back the stage is if Democrats f*ck something up really bad

> being Democrats

dylancatlow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 5:31:10 PM
At 8/8/2013 5:12:05 PM, FrackJack wrote:

> being Democrats

That was too easy.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 5:32:02 PM

Attention Dumbazz. The Democrats are in a win win situation. If Christie gets in, thats an even better deal. Let them beat Hillary at her own game. Who cares >?The guy is loved by The Liberal establishment. And he is not an extreme ideologue which is what this country needs. So win or lose, we go right back in there in 2024. No big deal........
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 5:33:30 PM

I think 2016 is the year to watch, by 2020 we'll know one way or another. Right now, it's the same relative schools of thought at odds with one another that were dueling in 1964: social/fiscal conservative-types and only economically conservative types. I think that there's no doubt that eventually the Libertarians (real libertarians, not the Rand Paul types) will take over the GOP, but that is not to say that social conservatives won't go down without a fight. They'll cost the GOP 2016, I think, but by 2020 a new order will set in. Times are a changing, and culture warriors are precipitously becoming a thing of the past.
Tsar of DDO
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 5:49:05 PM
At 8/8/2013 5:33:30 PM, YYW wrote:

I think 2016 is the year to watch, by 2020 we'll know one way or another. Right now, it's the same relative schools of thought at odds with one another that were dueling in 1964: social/fiscal conservative-types and only economically conservative types. I think that there's no doubt that eventually the Libertarians (real libertarians, not the Rand Paul types) will take over the GOP, but that is not to say that social conservatives won't go down without a fight. They'll cost the GOP 2016, I think, but by 2020 a new order will set in. Times are a changing, and culture warriors are precipitously becoming a thing of the past.

If Christie runs the GOP have a chance. Why cant you idiots understand this. =)
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 6:37:02 PM
Ted Cruz and Rand Paul will eviscerate the Democrats and decimate them into submission through the power of sharp debate skills and the passion of Liberty. As Ron Paul says, Freedom is popular.

Ted Cruz is a worldwide debate champion with awards from Princeton University. Ted Cruz argued before the Supreme Court 6 times and defended the 2nd and 1st Amendment. Ted Cruz took on the World Court and won protecting U.S. sovereignty from being absorbed into the U.N.

Joe Biden admitted that Rand Paul and Ted Cruz control the Senate and makes everyone cower in fear.

Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are winners and they will trample the authoritarians!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 6:56:47 PM

This cannot be disagreed with.

The Republican Party in the United States is suffering from at least some critical systemic destabilizers:

1) The GOP is largely a regional party, with a tendency to 'purge' or 'cull' moderating elements. They rid themselves of RINOs (Republicans in Name Only) with great energy. This indicates that a greater erosion is also occurring. In politics, there is a maxim: Expand or Die. The GOP is retracting, not expanding.

2) The Republican Party is composed of a loose confederation of otherwise disconnected groups that are not natural allies. These include poor whites, whose needs are very different from the Wall Street corporations. Evangelicals hold a set of priorities that are anathema to the libertarians. Industrialists are the eternal enemy of sportsmen who love hunting excursions.

These groups do not fit comfortably together, and require constant effort to maintain the peaceful coherence of the Party. The level of skill and precision that this requires is impossible to maintain.

3) With Fox as friends, who needs enemies? The media is almost entirely controlled in the US. It is not state-controlled, but it is not "free;"most press content is strictly controlled and regulated. We have a bare half dozen corporations in the US that control almost everything that every American sees, reads, watches, downloads, hears or is able to say before an audience.

Inevitably, such monopolies of ideas implode as they attempt some critical over-reach.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
Fox News in steep decline? You are delusional. Look at today's numbers.

Middle Age Adults:
Total day: FNC: 248 | MSNBC: 92 | CNN: 110 | HLN: 97
Primetime: FNC: 296 | MSNBC: 153 | CNN: 121 | HLN: 146

Total:
Total day: FNC: 1.253 | MSNBC: 380 | CNN: 379 | HLN: 248
Primetime: FNC: 1.831 | MSNBC: 566 | CNN: 480 | HLN: 365

http://www.mediabistro.com...

Fox News makes $1.1 billion dollars on subscribers alone before any ad money comes in.

http://www.nytimes.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 8:20:42 PM
At 8/8/2013 5:49:05 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/8/2013 5:33:30 PM, YYW wrote:

If Christie runs the GOP have a chance. Why cant you idiots understand this. =)

If Christie runs and gets the nomination, then the GOP MIGHT have a chance. But, Christie won't run (until 2020) and even if he did, he won't get the nomination... so the Grand Old Party is going out of power.
Tsar of DDO
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:18:34 PM
At 8/8/2013 6:37:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Ted Cruz and Rand Paul will eviscerate the Democrats and decimate them into submission through the power of sharp debate skills and the passion of Liberty. As Ron Paul says, Freedom is popular.

Ted Cruz is a worldwide debate champion with awards from Princeton University. Ted Cruz argued before the Supreme Court 6 times and defended the 2nd and 1st Amendment. Ted Cruz took on the World Court and won protecting U.S. sovereignty from being absorbed into the U.N.

Joe Biden admitted that Rand Paul and Ted Cruz control the Senate and makes everyone cower in fear.

Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are winners and they will trample the authoritarians!

http://www.troll.me...
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:37:53 PM
Here we see the change in radicalism vs moderation for the two parties over time. Guess which one is sustainable.

http://www.zcommunications.org...

We were headed closer together until the Reagan era. Which is also about the time of the south/north party reversal.

Here we can see the youth are increasingly more Democratic. Only the 40 year olds were predominantly Republican.

http://economistsview.typepad.com...

On top of that, immigration will continue to bring in more Democrats.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:45:59 PM

They said that in the 40s too.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:50:26 PM
At 8/8/2013 9:45:59 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

No, they said that in the early 30s, and they were damn right.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 9:54:15 PM
At 8/8/2013 7:04:02 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Middle Age Adults:
Total day: FNC: 248 | MSNBC: 92 | CNN: 110 | HLN: 97
Primetime: FNC: 296 | MSNBC: 153 | CNN: 121 | HLN: 146

Total:
Total day: FNC: 1.253 | MSNBC: 380 | CNN: 379 | HLN: 248
Primetime: FNC: 1.831 | MSNBC: 566 | CNN: 480 | HLN: 365

http://www.mediabistro.com...

Fox News makes $1.1 billion dollars on subscribers alone before any ad money comes in.

Decline refers to change over time. A single point of data is useless. Try average monthly data over the past year or so. In a nice graph, preferably.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2013 11:49:50 PM

I will fulfill Godwin's Law here; I shall accept full responsibility for this.

Amidst the terrors of the Second World War, Roosevelt's triumph over his political rivals became absolute; Republican opposition to the New Deal went unforgiven by the electorate. Republican fondness for the same industrialists, corporations and banking institutions that facilitated the rise of the German dictator was also unforgivable. Republican attempts to prevent America's military action in support of Great Britain (and in opposition to the German dictator) were an outrage.

During the 1940's, the only goal of the Republican Party was to oppose the Democratic president. This president was popular, as were his policies. His successor, Truman was less popular, but. With no meaningful accomplishments to counterbalance the ever persistent complaining and scandal mongering of the GOP during this period, the result was that the Republicans became a small regional party, representing a handful of powerful industrialists and banking interests in the North East. Voting patterns reflected this reality for 40 years.

Some of these conditions might sound familiar. Luckily for the GOP, Obama is no liberal , and lacks the stern will of FDR. Or Truman. Or Eisenhower. Or Ford. Or Nixon. Or Kennedy. Or Johnson.... all of these presidents gave us liberals far more to be proud of than the current administration, with a few notable exceptions. (I digress.)

Fox NEWS is the equivalent of American state-run media. The same decision makers that guide much of our government also inform the coverage of this company. Sadly, many of the owners of Fox are not American, but Saudi royalty and Australian. The American marriage of corporation and state has allowed this control of Fox NEWS... and will undermine the credibility of Fox NEWS as anything other than corporate propaganda.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:07:15 AM
At 8/8/2013 11:49:50 PM, DeFool wrote:

I will fulfill Godwin's Law here; I shall accept full responsibility for this.

Amidst the terrors of the Second World War, Roosevelt's triumph over his political rivals became absolute; Republican opposition to the New Deal went unforgiven by the electorate. Republican fondness for the same industrialists, corporations and banking institutions that facilitated the rise of the German dictator was also unforgivable. Republican attempts to prevent America's military action in support of Great Britain (and in opposition to the German dictator) were an outrage.

During the 1940's, the only goal of the Republican Party was to oppose the Democratic president. This president was popular, as were his policies. His successor, Truman was less popular, but. With no meaningful accomplishments to counterbalance the ever persistent complaining and scandal mongering of the GOP during this period, the result was that the Republicans became a small regional party, representing a handful of powerful industrialists and banking interests in the North East. Voting patterns reflected this reality for 40 years.

Some of these conditions might sound familiar. Luckily for the GOP, Obama is no liberal , and lacks the stern will of FDR. Or Truman. Or Eisenhower. Or Ford. Or Nixon. Or Kennedy. Or Johnson.... all of these presidents gave us liberals far more to be proud of than the current administration, with a few notable exceptions. (I digress.)

Fox NEWS is the equivalent of American state-run media. The same decision makers that guide much of our government also inform the coverage of this company. Sadly, many of the owners of Fox are not American, but Saudi royalty and Australian. The American marriage of corporation and state has allowed this control of Fox NEWS... and will undermine the credibility of Fox NEWS as anything other than corporate propaganda.

And MSNBC, ABC and CNN all jerk off on screen to pictures of Obama while spouting lies. What's your point? Obviously you have no clue what you're talking about but everyone with two brain cells knows you aren't going to find anything unbiased in the mainstream media vein.
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:18:18 AM
At 8/9/2013 12:07:15 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

And MSNBC, ABC and CNN all jerk off on screen to pictures of Obama while spouting lies. What's your point? Obviously you have no clue what you're talking about but everyone with two brain cells knows you aren't going to find anything unbiased in the mainstream media vein.

Was I unclear? I apologize, and shall clarify my position.

We have a bare half dozen corporations in the US that control almost every mass communication in the nation. That these corporations do not love one another, and do not trust one another, is a temporary condition. Mergers, domination of small markets, and lack of ownership regulations have reduced the number of important and unique media outlets in the US to unacceptable levels. Today, you will not be likely to see, hear or read any news that was not produced for you by a corporation that does not have an interest in advertising to you.

You mention MSNBC, CNN and the others, for some reason.

These are also mouthpieces for major corporations, and do not disprove my premise.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:22:05 AM
At 8/9/2013 12:18:18 AM, DeFool wrote:
At 8/9/2013 12:07:15 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Was I unclear? I apologize, and shall clarify my position.

We have a bare half dozen corporations in the US that control almost every mass communication in the nation. That these corporations do not love one another, and do not trust one another, is a temporary condition. Mergers, domination of small markets, and lack of ownership regulations have reduced the number of important and unique media outlets in the US to unacceptable levels. Today, you will not be likely to see, hear or read any news that was not produced for you by a corporation that does not have an interest in advertising to you.

You mention MSNBC, CNN and the others, for some reason.

These are also mouthpieces for major corporations, and do not disprove my premise.

Okay Mr. Paranoia, where do you get your news? Do you go out and get it yourself? Sleuth style?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 12:45:11 AM
At 8/8/2013 9:54:15 PM, drhead wrote:

Decline refers to change over time. A single point of data is useless. Try average monthly data over the past year or so. In a nice graph, preferably.

I predicted this response. Fox News is up 3%. That's not a decline especially when that +3% is adding insult to injury.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2013 1:44:04 AM
At 8/9/2013 12:45:11 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/8/2013 9:54:15 PM, drhead wrote:

I predicted this response. Fox News is up 3%. That's not a decline especially when that +3% is adding insult to injury.

3% over what time period? Also, what source are you using?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian