Catastrophes and Me

dogparktom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 10:47:45 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Catastrophe

"3. a final event or conclusion, usually an unfortunate one; a disastrous end: the great catastrophe of the Old South at Appomattox.

http://dictionary.reference.com...

This morning I was watching a live TV news program from the "global warming" conference in Copenhagen. The speakers interviewed were almost all warning that it may already be "too late." Catastrophe, from global warming, is imminent!

This is not the first catastrophe that I have had to survive, thought I, a 67 - year-old guy.

As a teen-agar, I had to survive "nuclear war or explosions." Some people built fall-out shelters, but my folks couldn't afford one. Then, in college it was the mass starvation that would certainly follow from the "population explosion." Worrying, I sure had an appetite in those days. Next, it was a hole in the "Ozone Layer" The Earth was going to burn up if steps were not promptly taken.

And now the current catastrophe that we are supposed to worry about is "global warming."

I drive a fuel efficient car and ride a bicycle. I recycle my waste. I have the efficient light bulbs in my home. So I do my small part. That just seems to be prudent. BUT WORRY? NEVER

Do you worry?

One young woman interviewed was on a hunger strike to get the political leaders to adopt the right policies! Is it reasonable to become an environmental activist like her because of worry?
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 10:56:06 AM
I worry that we will not elect a leader who properly understands economics. Thus all greenhouse gas producing business transactions can properly be taxed for their pollution.

Furthermore I worry that people will not understand that the main problem with Global warming is methane gas which is in large produced by cows. Cows are the real problem for global warming.

If we want to stop global warming we will go green, but by green I mean vegetarianism.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
dogparktom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:55:10 PM
At 12/15/2009 10:56:06 AM, johngriswald wrote:
I worry that we will not elect a leader who properly understands economics. Thus all greenhouse gas producing business transactions can properly be taxed for their pollution.

Furthermore I worry that people will not understand that the main problem with Global warming is methane gas which is in large produced by cows. Cows are the real problem for global warming.

If we want to stop global warming we will go green, but by green I mean vegetarianism.

John, are you joking about the cows?
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2009 1:57:51 PM
no I'm being dead serious, read my debates on agricultural taxation.

http://timeforchange.org...
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com