Jump to topic:

The real back seated racism problem!

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2013 4:50:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just to start off no I am not talking about the feuds between blacks and whites. What I am talking about is the Irish-American discrimination. Throughout history the US has discriminated against us and today more than the black community, you just don't here about it. From the 1800s where the Irish were murdered by the Know-Nothings and forced to work terrible jobs to today were the religon is under attack aswell as the whole population. From the, "Ginger's don't have souls." To forcing Catholic hospitals to preform abortions is just insane and an attack against the Irish culture. For the black vs. white feud, it is just being blown up by the media, because once someone yells out cracker or the N word people go crazy. Do you even know what cracker means? It means the non-slave holding whites that lived in the Appalation Mountains in the South.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2013 11:19:42 PM
At 8/22/2013 4:50:29 PM, lannan13 wrote:
Just to start off no I am not talking about the feuds between blacks and whites. What I am talking about is the Irish-American discrimination. Throughout history the US has discriminated against us and today more than the black community,

Lannan.... You cannot honestly think that's actually true and that white Irish people are discriminated against MORE then blacks....

The KKK and the Neo-nazis do not have it out against the Irish, cops never suspect Irish people for having drugs on them, courts do not routinely hand down harsher sentences for Irish people then they do to blacks, the Irish are not beaten excessively by police like blacks (ie Rodney King), and cracker is not a more offensive word to say then nigger either

you just don't here about it. From the 1800s where the Irish were murdered by the Know-Nothings and forced to work terrible jobs

There was also this thing called 'slavery' that the Irish didnt have to go through...

to today were the religon is under attack aswell as the whole population. From the, "Ginger's don't have souls." To forcing Catholic hospitals to preform abortions is just insane and an attack against the Irish culture.

Big freaking deal, that pales in comparison to what blacks had been subjected to for well over 400 years

For the black vs. white feud, it is just being blown up by the media, because once someone yells out cracker or the N word people go crazy. Do you even know what cracker means? It means the non-slave holding whites that lived in the Appalation Mountains in the South.

Nobody has ever sh*t their pants from hearing the word cracker said on TV....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
proglib
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2013 11:25:13 PM
At 8/22/2013 11:19:42 PM, imabench wrote:
Just to start off no I am not talking about the feuds between blacks and whites. What I am talking about is the Irish-American discrimination. Throughout history the US has discriminated against us and today more than the black community,

Lannan.... You cannot honestly think that's actually true and that white Irish people are discriminated against MORE then blacks....

The KKK and the Neo-nazis do not have it out against the Irish, cops never suspect Irish people for having drugs on them, courts do not routinely hand down harsher sentences for Irish people then they do to blacks, the Irish are not beaten excessively by police like blacks (ie Rodney King), and cracker is not a more offensive word to say then nigger either

you just don't here about it. From the 1800s where the Irish were murdered by the Know-Nothings and forced to work terrible jobs

There was also this thing called 'slavery' that the Irish didnt have to go through...

to today were the religon is under attack aswell as the whole population. From the, "Ginger's don't have souls." To forcing Catholic hospitals to preform abortions is just insane and an attack against the Irish culture.

Big freaking deal, that pales in comparison to what blacks had been subjected to for well over 400 years

For the black vs. white feud, it is just being blown up by the media, because once someone yells out cracker or the N word people go crazy. Do you even know what cracker means? It means the non-slave holding whites that lived in the Appalation Mountains in the South.

Nobody has ever sh*t their pants from hearing the word cracker said on TV....

Imabench

I completely agree with you. As a very proud Irish American [don't get me started on my LARGE Irish Catholic family], I have to say I'm not sure what country (or planet) Lannan is living on.

HOWEVER, the grammar police insist that I point out that you should have said "than" not "then."

Cheers
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.* And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater
*Except in a democracy it might lose you an election.

http://unitedwegovern.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2013 11:33:43 PM
Presidents in the US with Irish ancestry: 20 (http://en.wikipedia.org...)

Black presidents: 1

There are lots of other things I could cite, but I think it's pretty damn obvious that the Irish, the fcking Irish, are not discriminated against as much or in a worse position than black people. Come on man. A joke started on South Park doesn't count as discrimination
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 12:16:54 AM
One word: GUINNESS.

Anyone that is racist against the Irish is WRONG.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 1:42:01 AM
Just to start off no I am not talking about the feuds between blacks and whites. What I am talking about is the Irish-American discrimination. Throughout history the US has discriminated against us and today more than the black community, you just don't here about it. From the 1800s where the Irish were murdered by the Know-Nothings and forced to work terrible jobs to today were the religon is under attack aswell as the whole population. From the, "Ginger's don't have souls." To forcing Catholic hospitals to preform abortions is just insane and an attack against the Irish culture. For the black vs. white feud, it is just being blown up by the media, because once someone yells out cracker or the N word people go crazy. Do you even know what cracker means? It means the non-slave holding whites that lived in the Appalation Mountains in the South.

1. I didn't know that Ginger belonged solely to the Irish.
2. I didn't know Catholicism belonged solely to the Irish.
3. Regarding "Cracker", this is news to me; however, the other week I had learned on the radio that "cracker" meant the guy who was "cracking" the whip. Don't know who to believe, as I never heard the word's origin before last month, and now there are two conflicting origins.
4. The Irish had it rough pre-1920, I'll give you that. But there is no way they had it worse than blacks. Perhaps, at best, the Irish in the North were treated as poorly as the blacks in the South in the early 1900s, but before then, blacks win the oppression game hands down.
5. Most of the discrimination against the Irish was at the hands of ordinary citizens, to my knowledge (you know, like prejudice and stereotypes). While blacks were discriminated against by both citizens and governments.

Fun fact: the term "paddy wagon" was coined as a racial slur for the police wagon to gather up all the drunk Irishmen.
My work here is, finally, done.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 2:16:02 AM

As is true with most rants, there is a grain of truth here followed by wild exaggeration and a lack of historical context.

The racism against the Irish (and yes, racism, because many argued the Irish were a different race and more "ape-like") came from the same group that later hated the Chinese and now hate the Mexicans.

The Irish were only discriminated against while they were a major source of cheap labor that competed with the average man.

The violence waged against Chinese immigrants later that century rivals if not tops what happened to the Irish.

Jews were discriminated against differently than others because they weren't seen to pose a threat from the upper-class as opposed to a threat from the lower-class.

Blacks, however, have been utterly decimated by American history.

If you go back only 50 FREAKING YEARS, you enter an age where black people were beaten and arrested for using the wrong restroom.

Go back another hundred years, and over half of Americans were for enslaving black people.

Our goddam CONSTITUTION allowed for slaves. We had to separately pass three constitutional amendments so that, legally, "black people cannot be enslaved" and "black people's children are still Americans" and "black people can vote."
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 3:20:17 AM
At 8/23/2013 12:16:54 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

/endthread
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 3:36:23 AM
At 8/23/2013 3:20:17 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

/endthread

To be fair, this thread should have never existed in the first place.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 4:07:27 AM
At 8/23/2013 3:36:23 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 8/23/2013 3:20:17 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

/endthread

To be fair, this thread should have never existed in the first place.

Yeah, but it's given us all a chance to be reminded that we should appreciate the deliciousness that is Guiness.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 4:53:48 AM

Oh cool, a victim contest.

Does the winner get a reward, I mean besides getting to feel sorry for yourself and eliciting pity from others, is there a trophy or cash prize, anything like that?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 10:09:43 AM
At 8/23/2013 4:53:48 AM, Sidewalker wrote:

Oh cool, a victim contest.

Does the winner get a reward, I mean besides getting to feel sorry for yourself and eliciting pity from others, is there a trophy or cash prize, anything like that?

I hope so.

What about the Polish? I have to endure things such as........

Q. Why can't Polish people make kool-aid?
A. They haven't figured out how to put two quarts of water in that little package.

Q. Did you hear about the Polak that thought his wife was trying to kill him?
A. He found a bottle of polish remover on the dresser.

Q. How do you get a one armed Polak out of a tree?
A. Wave to him.

Q. Did you hear about the 747 that crashed in a Polish cemetery?
A. The retrieved over 2000 bodies.