Jump to topic:

Feminism

MoonGazer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 5:35:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The definition of feminism is: The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. They also campaign for equality.

Women are virtually on the same par to men on social and economic grounds, not so much political grounds though. Unlike the suffragettes, today's feminists don't have a lot of major issues to talk about, compared to 100 years ago.

So, do you think feminists don't want to be equal to men, but to be superior to them?
It's an interesting theory at least, I am interested to see what people think.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 5:42:36 PM
At 8/23/2013 5:35:49 PM, MoonGazer wrote:
The definition of feminism is: The advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. They also campaign for equality.

Women are virtually on the same par to men on social and economic grounds, not so much political grounds though. Unlike the suffragettes, today's feminists don't have a lot of major issues to talk about, compared to 100 years ago.

So, do you think feminists don't want to be equal to men, but to be superior to them?
It's an interesting theory at least, I am interested to see what people think.

I don't agree women naturally are driven to dominate men. Most of the steam powering the feminist movement revolved around outrageous abuses due to gender. Today you have to look really hard for abuses compared to 100 years ago. (can you say "gender baiting?") The laws favor women in most areas of domestic abuse as they should now.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 5:51:14 PM
The feminism movement, with the exception of a few Feminazis, is dead. The new hip civil rights movement is gay rights. lol
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 7:02:52 PM
At 8/23/2013 5:51:14 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
The feminism movement, with the exception of a few Feminazis, is dead. The new hip civil rights movement is gay rights. lol

True, not many feminists left... And even women are getting mad at the Feminazis.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 3:47:53 AM
At 8/23/2013 7:02:52 PM, donald.keller wrote:

True, not many feminists left... And even women are getting mad at the Feminazis.

I don't blame them. If somebody claimed to represent me, said a whole heap of nasty sh!t in my name, and then insulted me when I called them out on it, I'd be furious.

The thing that Feminists and Men's Rights Activists don't seem to understand is that men and women are supposed to complement each other. You cannot have a society that advances one gender at the expense of the other, that's not how the game works. Doing that just f*cks with the dynamics and gets everybody upset.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 3:52:16 AM
At 8/24/2013 3:47:53 AM, Jack212 wrote:
At 8/23/2013 7:02:52 PM, donald.keller wrote:

I don't blame them. If somebody claimed to represent me, said a whole heap of nasty sh!t in my name, and then insulted me when I called them out on it, I'd be furious.

The thing that Feminists and Men's Rights Activists don't seem to understand is that men and women are supposed to complement each other. You cannot have a society that advances one gender at the expense of the other, that's not how the game works. Doing that just f*cks with the dynamics and gets everybody upset.

You know what... I've always agreed with this, but that was a new way of putting it...

men and women are supposed to complement each other. Or at least I assume you mean complement as in how strawberry complements vanilla..

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 3:55:51 AM
At 8/24/2013 3:52:16 AM, donald.keller wrote:

You know what... I've always agreed with this, but that was a new way of putting it...

men and women are supposed to complement each other. Or at least I assume you mean complement as in how strawberry complements vanilla..

I've never tried strawberry with vanilla. Is it good?
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2013 4:12:28 AM
At 8/24/2013 3:55:51 AM, Jack212 wrote:
At 8/24/2013 3:52:16 AM, donald.keller wrote:

I've never tried strawberry with vanilla. Is it good?

It's only the most 'Merican thing ever made! (Which means yes... Yes it is)

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --