Jump to topic:

My wonderful governor

johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2009 11:55:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
4 Pennsylvania Universities Whose Funds Were Held 'Hostage' May Soon See the Money

The leaders of Pennsylvania's four state-related universities apparently will soon receive about $700-million in state funds that had been included as part of a budget agreement last fall. Gov. Edward G. Rendell had been withholding that money and other appropriations while the legislature wrangled over a separate bill to expand gambling -- and raise much-needed revenue. The presidents of the University of Pittsburgh and Lincoln, Pennsylvania State, and Temple Universities had sent a letter today to the governor and Democratic lawmakers, protesting that their institutions "should not be held hostage" to the gambling bill. Late tonight, the state House of Representatives voted to approve the universities' funds, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.
http://chronicle.com...
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2009 9:54:29 PM
Complaining about fraud when you rely on force is kinda funny.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2009 10:28:15 PM
At 12/16/2009 9:54:29 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

?
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2009 10:33:19 PM
That was addressed to Volkov.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 1:25:29 AM
At 12/16/2009 9:54:29 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Almost as funny as accepting a state handout while complaining about its existence.