Jump to topic:

Conservatives Only.

leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:11:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
This is for conservative views only, Please no liberals. Thank you.
Conservatives please post at what you think about our economy and the president who is running our country. Can't wait to see all your views. :)
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:27:45 AM
At 8/26/2013 10:20:36 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Ok, what should we talk about first?

Hmmm. How about today's society, Or I dono what you wan't to discuss in particular?
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:51:13 AM
Economy of US can take beatings, which it has. We still have the opportunity to get back on track and reduce the debt, even if we aren't planning to eliminate it.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:58:03 AM
At 8/26/2013 10:51:13 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Economy of US can take beatings, which it has. We still have the opportunity to get back on track and reduce the debt, even if we aren't planning to eliminate it.

Yes, but someone needs to step in. I'm sending letters to Congress to let them know what the people think if they don't know. We are the only country that are the most into debt. Obama has spent more money than double the other presidents combined. We are never getting out of debt till someone steps in and does something about it.
Cowboy0108
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:58:38 AM
The president is ridiculous. I do not like is views on taxes, welfare, gun control, immigration, abortion, gay rights, or the military( and more).
Taxes should be low to keep money in the hands of the people.
Welfare should be extremely limited to give incentive to work.
Guns should not be controlled and gun ownership should be encouraged as guns are the best way to defend yourself.
Immigration should be limited to ensure lower population and so that the jobs can be given to Americans and illegals should not get amnesty because they do not pay taxes.
Abortion is baby killing. I don't care what he or the government call it.
Being gay is a choice. Thus, they should not get any specified rights.
The military is needed and should be used much more than it is now to ensure that we do not get attacked. I believe in peace through superior firepower.

The economy is bad and the budget needs to be balanced, not by raising taxes, but by cutting spending.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:02:49 AM
At 8/26/2013 10:58:38 AM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
The president is ridiculous. I do not like is views on taxes, welfare, gun control, immigration, abortion, gay rights, or the military( and more).
Guns should not be controlled and gun ownership should be encouraged as guns are the best way to defend yourself.
Immigration should be limited to ensure lower population and so that the jobs can be given to Americans and illegals should not get amnesty because they do not pay taxes.
The military is needed and should be used much more than it is now to ensure that we do not get attacked. I believe in peace through superior firepower.

The economy is bad and the budget needs to be balanced, not by raising taxes, but by cutting spending.

Agreed 100%. .
Especially about the guns. I own guns and if a criminal come to my house threatening to shoot me I'm not going to stand there and trow punches at him, I will shoot that son of a gun and before long he is gone.
Also taking guns away won't make US a better place to live. There will be more crimes. Because criminals are called criminals because they don't obey the law. heloooo. you think they will obey the gun law, psh no way. So I'd rather shoot the criminals than fight against a gun which i will have 1% out of 100% to live. Go Guns. :)
Thank you for posting, well appreciated.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:04:41 AM

Yes, being gay is a choice they don't need to make it a right.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:25:12 AM
At 8/26/2013 11:20:28 AM, TheHitchslap wrote:
I sooooo hope some of this crap makes it on the "weekly stupid" ...

Same :)

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:41:26 AM
At 8/26/2013 11:04:41 AM, leojm wrote:

Wut
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:44:55 AM
At 8/26/2013 11:41:26 AM, Noumena wrote:

Wut

The 28th amendment will say that there will be a right to be gay and have gay marriage. They are creating the 28th amendment.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:46:32 AM
At 8/26/2013 11:25:12 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:

It's funny how an anarchist can be more liberal than not... Seeing as liberals love large government.

Anyways, with the ignorant rule-breaking trolls being ignored...

The debt isn't that bad, at only 105% of the economy. Most of Europe has a larger debt-economy ratio. Now the budget is another thing all together. Obamacare actually taxes the medical field in many ways... This a going to cause a downward cycle, since this raises medical costs, increasing the cost of Obamacare. Besides, business charge more and do more when they know it's the Government spending. What was just a checkup for $200 is now an Xray, Surgery, Autopsy, and leg replacement for $20,000. The cost for the Government visiting the hospital with you will be drastically higher than if it's just you.

Britain has a small military expense because of the US.... With so little of a military cost, they have plenty of money for the NHS, and it's still in constant trouble. Many of them actually wants to stop Federal Aid so they can put that money into the NHS, cause god forbid they have to cancel their free entitlements like healthcare... Despite the lacking military, and how the NSH is in financial trouble, they still manage a higher Debt-GDP ratio than the US.

I'm not sure what Obama's thinking... Actually, I don't he's thinking at all...
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:49:44 AM
At 8/26/2013 11:46:32 AM, donald.keller wrote:

It's funny how an anarchist can be more liberal than not... Seeing as liberals love large government.

The debt isn't that bad, at only 105% of the economy. Most of Europe has a larger debt-economy ratio. Now the budget is another thing all together. Obamacare actually taxes the medical field in many ways... This a going to cause a downward cycle, since this raises medical costs, increasing the cost of Obamacare. Besides, business charge more and do more when they know it's the Government spending. What was just a checkup for $200 is now an Xray, Surgery, Autopsy, and leg replacement for $20,000. The cost for the Government visiting the hospital with you will be drastically higher than if it's just you.

Britain has a small military expense because of the US.... With so little of a military cost, they have plenty of money for the NHS, and it's still in constant trouble. Many of them actually wants to stop Federal Aid so they can put that money into the NHS, cause god forbid they have to cancel their free entitlements like healthcare... Despite the lacking military, and how the NSH is in financial trouble, they still manage a higher Debt-GDP ratio than the US.

I certainly don't want Obama care. I'd rather die then have his care. And I agree he doesn't think at all, he just does.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:53:43 AM
At 8/26/2013 11:49:44 AM, leojm wrote:

I certainly don't want Obama care. I'd rather die then have his care. And I agree he doesn't think at all, he just does.

Lol indeed. And did you hear about him raising Minimum Wage to $9? That would bankrupt places like KFC, McDonald's and Walmart. It'd stop all economic growth and raise costs of everything.

Also, a teenager would never get a job lol. And lets not talk about the even larger increase of Obamacare! Everyone's going to demand a raise to match inflation, including Doctors.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:55:36 AM

That escaled quickly

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:56:02 AM
At 8/26/2013 11:53:43 AM, donald.keller wrote:

Lol indeed. And did you hear about him raising Minimum Wage to $9? That would bankrupt places like KFC, McDonald's and Walmart. It'd stop all economic growth and raise costs of everything.

Also, a teenager would never get a job lol. And lets not talk about the even larger increase of Obamacare! Everyone's going to demand a raise to match inflation, including Doctors.

indeed. My friends are doctors and they say they are going to quit working because they don't want to provide Obama care. Yes, I remember when I had to find a job when I was young. It is going to be harder, gee the whole country will go bankrupt.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:58:31 AM
At 8/26/2013 11:55:36 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:

That escaled quickly

Yes. I despise Obama and everything he does or proposes. Just despise him with everything I got. I was born in Russia and I was adopted and brought over to America for freedom, and what did I get instead of freedom? Obama. and his care. screw that. I'm leaven when this country goes down.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 12:07:04 PM
At 8/26/2013 11:58:31 AM, leojm wrote:

That escaled quickly

Yes. I despise Obama and everything he does or proposes. Just despise him with everything I got. I was born in Russia and I was adopted and brought over to America for freedom, and what did I get instead of freedom? Obama. and his care. screw that. I'm leaven when this country goes down.

I understand, it's just hard to expect.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 12:09:04 PM
At 8/26/2013 12:07:04 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 8/26/2013 11:58:31 AM, leojm wrote:

That escaled quickly

I understand, it's just hard to expect.

ok. May I ask why it's hard to expect?
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 12:19:50 PM
At 8/26/2013 11:56:02 AM, leojm wrote:

indeed. My friends are doctors and they say they are going to quit working because they don't want to provide Obama care. Yes, I remember when I had to find a job when I was young. It is going to be harder, gee the whole country will go bankrupt.

Many places will simply leave. Losing McDonald's, Yum!, and Walmart alone will remove $500 billion in income from the US economy, or $150 billion in tax dollars. While some will stay in the form of franchises dumb enough to pay the wages, most, corporate or franchise, won't be able to afford having locations in the US.

The problem is that only important people like doctors will be able to demand wage increases to match inflation. Everyone else will be stuck with inflated prices while not earning more to make up for it. This will lower sales more than inflated prices can keep up with.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 12:21:36 PM
At 8/26/2013 12:19:50 PM, donald.keller wrote:

Many places will simply leave. Losing McDonald's, Yum!, and Walmart alone will remove $500 billion in income from the US economy, or $150 billion in tax dollars. While some will stay in the form of franchises dumb enough to pay the wages, most, corporate or franchise, won't be able to afford having locations in the US.

The problem is that only important people like doctors will be able to demand wage increases to match inflation. Everyone else will be stuck with inflated prices while not earning more to make up for it. This will lower sales more than inflated prices can keep up with.

I definitely do agree with you. I don't really eat at fast foods but i would hate to see Subway go. Do you think this country is moving in the right direction?
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 12:22:36 PM

I'm so sorry, I sound like a reporter now.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 12:39:22 PM
At 8/26/2013 12:22:36 PM, leojm wrote:

lol.

I think we are doing a lot of things right, despite common believe. However, for all the right we are doing, the wrong things we do are simply outmatching it. It's a case a quality v quantity. While we are doing more thing right than wrong, each good thing we do is overshadow by the size of each of our problems.

One major issue is Military Spending. I'm not talking about how much it is, but about how recklessly it's being spent. My friends in the army constantly inform me on the wasteful spending. If we aimed for better spending power per dollar in the army, we could cut the budget in half, and still get the same quality out of it.

I think the military needs what it must have, but being wasteful isn't okay. It'll spend $100 on about $10 worth of toilet paper... We can use half the money and still meet the same quota expected if they spent $1 on a dollars value instead of $1 on a few cents value.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 12:42:17 PM
At 8/26/2013 12:39:22 PM, donald.keller wrote:

lol.

I think we are doing a lot of things right, despite common believe. However, for all the right we are doing, the wrong things we do are simply outmatching it. It's a case a quality v quantity. While we are doing more thing right than wrong, each good thing we do is overshadow by the size of each of our problems.

One major issue is Military Spending. I'm not talking about how much it is, but about how recklessly it's being spent. My friends in the army constantly inform me on the wasteful spending. If we aimed for better spending power per dollar in the army, we could cut the budget in half, and still get the same quality out of it.

I think the military needs what it must have, but being wasteful isn't okay. It'll spend $100 on about $10 worth of toilet paper... We can use half the money and still meet the same quota expected if they spent $1 on a dollars value instead of $1 on a few cents value.

Yes, the government won't even provide stuff for them, one of my best friends is also in military and his dad has to ship him stuff because they won't provided it, how sad is that? Can't even fund our own military.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 12:46:59 PM

Owning a gun is a choice, they don't need to make it a right too.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 12:48:35 PM
At 8/26/2013 12:46:59 PM, Cermank wrote:

Owning a gun is a choice, they don't need to make it a right too.

Talk to the Founding fathers about that one.
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 12:48:42 PM
At 8/26/2013 12:42:17 PM, leojm wrote:
At 8/26/2013 12:39:22 PM, donald.keller wrote:

lol.

Yes, the government won't even provide stuff for them, one of my best friends is also in military and his dad has to ship him stuff because they won't provided it, how sad is that? Can't even fund our own military.

Well we can fund them, but the higher ups in the army waste it. We give them $100 and they would get only $20 worth out of it. Than the Soldiers are left out because the army can't spend correctly.

#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --