Total Posts:60|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ask a psycho!

Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:44:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Since I have joined the site, I have been called a number of things including psychopath, sociopath, extremist, heartless, soulless, in need of mental help, etc.. I, however, believe that I just have conservative views that are a little more uncompromising than most. Call me whatever you want though.
Regardless, ask any question you want my opinion for and I will give my honest opinion. It may turn into a long term debate over forums, a formal debate, or just a one time answer. Regardless, I want to answer your questions.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:45:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why do you troll?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:46:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yeah... no. I've seen you post and you aren't any of those. If you really want to talk to a sociopath (not psychopath), talk to me. But I'd honestly rather you not.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:47:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
When will you finally leave DDO?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:52:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:45:20 PM, darkkermit wrote:
What would you do for a Klondike bar?

Depends on the conditions and laws. If it were legal and I had no positive attachment to you, I would probably shoot you, especially if I thought you were annoying and a debt to an ideal society.
thett3
Posts: 14,372
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:53:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
How much currency would it take for you to start removing your clothes?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:53:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:45:39 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Why do you troll?

I state my beliefs. People assume I troll because they think I am "extreme".
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:55:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Yeah... no. I've seen you post and you aren't any of those. If you really want to talk to a sociopath (not psychopath), talk to me. But I'd honestly rather you not.

I do not believe I am either. I am simply called a psychopath. I am not offended by it and I like to be called it, but I am just a person with different and slightly more uncompromising views than most.
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:57:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:47:43 PM, imabench wrote:
When will you finally leave DDO?

When participation stops being fun and entertaining for me. I took a long break over summer so I could start back fresh, isn't that good enough?
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:58:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Yeah... no. I've seen you post and you aren't any of those. If you really want to talk to a sociopath (not psychopath), talk to me. But I'd honestly rather you not.

The title "sociopath" is pretty serious. You sure that's something you want to walk around calling yourself?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 9:59:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:53:28 PM, thett3 wrote:
How much currency would it take for you to start removing your clothes?

It depends. Is sex involved, if so, never, I am no hooker. If it is in front of a camera and large amount of people, never. If it is one person, it would take quite a bit. I am not easily persuaded by money if that is what you are asking.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:02:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:58:40 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Yeah... no. I've seen you post and you aren't any of those. If you really want to talk to a sociopath (not psychopath), talk to me. But I'd honestly rather you not.

The title "sociopath" is pretty serious. You sure that's something you want to walk around calling yourself?

"Psychopath" is serious because it means that you are literally crazy. Sociopathy is no big deal.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:04:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Yeah... no. I've seen you post and you aren't any of those. If you really want to talk to a sociopath (not psychopath), talk to me. But I'd honestly rather you not.

I find hard to believe that you're a psychopath. Psychopaths lack all forms of empathy, and look at others as nothing more than sheep. Psychopaths do not converse with others recreationally, because they find others undeserving of their time. So, unless your existence on DDO is an elaborate ruse to fool someone here, or elsewhere, then i find it hard to believe you're an actual psychopath.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:05:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 10:02:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:58:40 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Yeah... no. I've seen you post and you aren't any of those. If you really want to talk to a sociopath (not psychopath), talk to me. But I'd honestly rather you not.

The title "sociopath" is pretty serious. You sure that's something you want to walk around calling yourself?

"Psychopath" is serious because it means that you are literally crazy. Sociopathy is no big deal.

Those are synonyms.......
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:06:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 10:02:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:58:40 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Yeah... no. I've seen you post and you aren't any of those. If you really want to talk to a sociopath (not psychopath), talk to me. But I'd honestly rather you not.

The title "sociopath" is pretty serious. You sure that's something you want to walk around calling yourself?

"Psychopath" is serious because it means that you are literally crazy. Sociopathy is no big deal.

psychopathy is sociopathy.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:06:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 10:02:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:58:40 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Yeah... no. I've seen you post and you aren't any of those. If you really want to talk to a sociopath (not psychopath), talk to me. But I'd honestly rather you not.

The title "sociopath" is pretty serious. You sure that's something you want to walk around calling yourself?

"Psychopath" is serious because it means that you are literally crazy. Sociopathy is no big deal.

There is a slight difference. However, in some cases, a sociopath is worse than a psychopath, depending on what you reference. However, many psychologists use them interchangeably and say that they are the same thing. Though, the modern term is Anti Social Personality Disorder, psychopath and sociopath are not used as much any more.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:06:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:53:55 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:45:39 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Why do you troll?

I state my beliefs. People assume I troll because they think I am "extreme".

Are you familiar with Poe's law?
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:10:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 10:06:48 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:53:55 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:45:39 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Why do you troll?

I state my beliefs. People assume I troll because they think I am "extreme".

Are you familiar with Poe's law?

Yes, it states that if you do not know an authors intent, it you cannot determine if he or she is stating real extremism or a parody of such extremism. In other words, you can't tell a troll from a non troll unless the author specifically labels it.
This applies to most of my material.
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:13:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 10:10:11 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:06:48 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:53:55 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:45:39 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Why do you troll?

I state my beliefs. People assume I troll because they think I am "extreme".

Are you familiar with Poe's law?

Yes, it states that if you do not know an authors intent, it you cannot determine if he or she is stating real extremism or a parody of such extremism. In other words, you can't tell a troll from a non troll unless the author specifically labels it.
This applies to most of my material.

Essentially, yes. So, how's about this, all you have to do to disprove the troll hypothesis is post a picture of a gun and a bible in front of your computer screen, with DDO open.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:15:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 10:13:22 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:10:11 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:06:48 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:53:55 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:45:39 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Why do you troll?

I state my beliefs. People assume I troll because they think I am "extreme".

Are you familiar with Poe's law?

Yes, it states that if you do not know an authors intent, it you cannot determine if he or she is stating real extremism or a parody of such extremism. In other words, you can't tell a troll from a non troll unless the author specifically labels it.
This applies to most of my material.

Essentially, yes. So, how's about this, all you have to do to disprove the troll hypothesis is post a picture of a gun and a bible in front of your computer screen, with DDO open.

Maybe one day...
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:15:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 10:15:06 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:13:22 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:10:11 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:06:48 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:53:55 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:45:39 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Why do you troll?

I state my beliefs. People assume I troll because they think I am "extreme".

Are you familiar with Poe's law?

Yes, it states that if you do not know an authors intent, it you cannot determine if he or she is stating real extremism or a parody of such extremism. In other words, you can't tell a troll from a non troll unless the author specifically labels it.
This applies to most of my material.

Essentially, yes. So, how's about this, all you have to do to disprove the troll hypothesis is post a picture of a gun and a bible in front of your computer screen, with DDO open.

Maybe one day...

Troll it is!
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:17:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 10:15:46 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:15:06 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:13:22 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:10:11 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:06:48 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:53:55 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:45:39 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Why do you troll?

I state my beliefs. People assume I troll because they think I am "extreme".

Are you familiar with Poe's law?

Yes, it states that if you do not know an authors intent, it you cannot determine if he or she is stating real extremism or a parody of such extremism. In other words, you can't tell a troll from a non troll unless the author specifically labels it.
This applies to most of my material.

Essentially, yes. So, how's about this, all you have to do to disprove the troll hypothesis is post a picture of a gun and a bible in front of your computer screen, with DDO open.

Maybe one day...

Troll it is!

And what makes you say that?
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:25:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 10:17:30 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:15:46 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:15:06 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:13:22 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:10:11 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:06:48 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:53:55 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:45:39 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Why do you troll?

I state my beliefs. People assume I troll because they think I am "extreme".

Are you familiar with Poe's law?

Yes, it states that if you do not know an authors intent, it you cannot determine if he or she is stating real extremism or a parody of such extremism. In other words, you can't tell a troll from a non troll unless the author specifically labels it.
This applies to most of my material.

Essentially, yes. So, how's about this, all you have to do to disprove the troll hypothesis is post a picture of a gun and a bible in front of your computer screen, with DDO open.

Maybe one day...

Troll it is!

And what makes you say that?

If you'd given almost any other answer I wouldnt have been quite so sure. But no, no, you're a troll. See, the answer "maybe one day" is very specific. It leaves one with hope the picture might be gotten, yet leaves why it isn't being gotten now, very ambiguous. This allows for you to fill in the reason latter, and it gives you a tiny bit of credibility without giving the picture. If you were for real, you would have done one of two things; either you would have given the picture, or said you were never going to given the picture, while giving a reason. You did neither, so I figure you're a troll.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:29:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 10:25:21 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:17:30 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:15:46 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:15:06 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:13:22 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:10:11 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 10:06:48 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:53:55 PM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/26/2013 9:45:39 PM, muzebreak wrote:
Why do you troll?

I state my beliefs. People assume I troll because they think I am "extreme".

Are you familiar with Poe's law?

Yes, it states that if you do not know an authors intent, it you cannot determine if he or she is stating real extremism or a parody of such extremism. In other words, you can't tell a troll from a non troll unless the author specifically labels it.
This applies to most of my material.

Essentially, yes. So, how's about this, all you have to do to disprove the troll hypothesis is post a picture of a gun and a bible in front of your computer screen, with DDO open.

Maybe one day...

Troll it is!

And what makes you say that?

If you'd given almost any other answer I wouldnt have been quite so sure. But no, no, you're a troll. See, the answer "maybe one day" is very specific. It leaves one with hope the picture might be gotten, yet leaves why it isn't being gotten now, very ambiguous. This allows for you to fill in the reason latter, and it gives you a tiny bit of credibility without giving the picture. If you were for real, you would have done one of two things; either you would have given the picture, or said you were never going to given the picture, while giving a reason. You did neither, so I figure you're a troll.

But there is one thing you did not account for. I am lazy. Why would I take the picture now, at eleven thirty at night. Furthermore, I don't know how to work the computer and this site well enough to post a picture and I don't care to figure it out. If you look, you will see that I have never posted a picture or a video, this is because I don't know how. I have only posted text because that is what I know what to do. My biggest pet peeve is when people say I am trolling when I am not.
My author's intent: Tell my beliefs
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:45:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
No no no! Why is everybody always so stupid on this topic? Psychopaths are different from sociopaths. Psychopaths completely lack empathy, but they are also psychotic; they do not live in objective reality. For example, a person who kills his family members because a toothbrush spoke to him is a psychopath. Sociopaths, on the other hand, generally lack empathy for strangers, but they also reserve it for family members. Furthermore, sociopaths live in reality and are fully functioning members of society i.e. Hannibal Lecter.

Geez, people. Get it right.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 10:46:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Then again, both sociopaths and psychopaths can show equal levels of misanthropy.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:12:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 10:45:49 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
No no no! Why is everybody always so stupid on this topic? Psychopaths are different from sociopaths. Psychopaths completely lack empathy, but they are also psychotic; they do not live in objective reality. For example, a person who kills his family members because a toothbrush spoke to him is a psychopath. Sociopaths, on the other hand, generally lack empathy for strangers, but they also reserve it for family members. Furthermore, sociopaths live in reality and are fully functioning members of society i.e. Hannibal Lecter.

Geez, people. Get it right.

that's completely wrong

"Hare notes that sociopathy and psychopathy are often used interchangeably, but in some cases the term sociopathy is preferred because it is less likely than is psychopathy to be confused with psychosis, whereas in other cases which term is used may "reflect the user's views on the origins and determinates of the disorder," with the term sociopathy preferred by those that see the causes as due to social factors and early environment, and the term psychopathy preferred by those who believe that there are psychological, biological, and genetic factors involved in addition to environmental factor"

Also, words are defined based on how people use words. So the majority are using a word a certain way, then guess, what that's what the word means.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2013 11:46:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/26/2013 9:46:42 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Yeah... no. I've seen you post and you aren't any of those. If you really want to talk to a sociopath (not psychopath), talk to me. But I'd honestly rather you not.

Yeah, talk to him. =)
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?