Jump to topic:

What is the most Libertarian state?

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 1:59:51 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
There is no technical libertarian city, or state, or one that can be considered close to it.

Best bet is to move to Las Vegas in my opinion; very open city, very free-wheeling, and some other stuff. Close as you'll get.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 2:14:44 AM
At 12/17/2009 1:59:51 AM, Volkov wrote:

Best bet is to move to Las Vegas in my opinion; very open city, very free-wheeling, and some other stuff. Close as you'll get.

What do you mean by that? I don't feel any more free here than any other city.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 2:21:06 AM
At 12/17/2009 2:14:44 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
What do you mean by that? I don't feel any more free here than any other city.

That is because you're not taking your meds.

Sorry, I don't mean that really. xD

Las Vegas seems like the most "free" or libertarianish city you can get, compared to other population centers. Doesn't mean it necessarily is free, it is just the closest. Mind you, I'm talking about cultural inclinations, not technical
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 2:44:23 AM
In New Hampshire you can open carry guns! : ) lol
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 8:37:11 AM
Nevada's nowhere near:
http://mercatus.org...

By their count, it's New Hampshire.

And that position is only headed in one direction if the Free State Project accomplishes anything whatsoever.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 8:43:35 AM
Volkov - Are you seriously saying that because people act a fool in Vegas and do whatever the hell they want that it's a Libertarian place or close to it? Lol I doubt it. Anyway, that's not where prostitution is legal if that's what you're thinking of (it is in 16 Nevada counties, but not Vegas).
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 9:00:05 AM
At 12/17/2009 1:59:51 AM, Volkov wrote:
There is no technical libertarian city, or state, or one that can be considered close to it.

I agree.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 10:06:31 PM
Dunno about Rapture, but Gulch was not a "state" in the sense of the original post. It was a soveregn judgeocracy established on private property.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2009 10:08:10 PM
Isle of Man.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com