Jump to topic:

Big Win For Legalization

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:57:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Justice Department has admitted defeat. It will not intervene with state legalizations. In such states, cannabis is now essentially legal for real.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 2:21:09 AM
And FYI, at ANY time the federal government could tell states to f*ck off and they would be constitutionally protected by all of SCOTUS. It's been done before.

There is nothing whatsoever stopping Obama from enforcing federal marijuana laws other than his own whim.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 1:04:11 PM
Very good, now all we have to do is start working on the other 48 states and that pesky federal government...
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 3:56:08 PM
At 8/31/2013 2:19:59 AM, Wnope wrote:
What do you mean defeat? This has been Obama's plan for at least three years.

http://progressive.stanford.edu...

Good read. I was under the impression that he had been continuing the medical raids.

By saying "admitted defeat", I wasn't specifically referring to the administration.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2013 8:06:38 PM
I was involved with an effort with a few friends who wanted my help in establishing a business model for marijuana growing. My task was to simply explore the legality of such an effort under Colorado's Amendment 64, and to develop a risk assessment.

A relevant point:

Our business model was hamstrung by the inability to market our product online.

Any money that could be made would probably involve the creation of "Cultivation Facilities" that would grow customer's allotment of six plants each in return for a membership fee of some sort.

The risks (as of six months ago) were very real, and were considered likely to harm a large scale attempt at anything other than not-for-profit growing. The legal assistance that I obtained agreed with this.

Now that the DOJ has promised benevolent negligence, however, it might be a good idea to re-asses. I am certain that other interested growers will do likewise. I hope so. I remain keenly interested in the future of online sales.