Jump to topic:

THE GHETTO!!! (Liberal Mafia vs. Conservativ

leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 8:29:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hello, everybody my name is Juliana, some people call me Leo. There are some rules to fallow.
1.Both parties can attack each other"s opinions.
2.Do not use Wikipedia. (Not a source) My debate coach once told me, "Wikipedia is a good start, but not what you should use for debate evidence."
3.No personal attacks!!! (On Both sides)
4.Each party is allowed to gang up on another party. (Particular person)
5.Profanity is allowed. (Can"t take profanity please do not read)
6.No trolling!!!
7.Talk about anything that pertains to your Ideology. (Religion, Obama, Taxes, and etc")
8.Have fun and enjoy.
9.No blackmailing!!!
I will later have liberal gang choose a responsible Liberal (Votes honestly) and message me his/her name, have a Conservative choose a responsible Conservative (Votes honestly) and message me his/her name. These two will look at their parties and see who has been doing the best at showing their opinion and fighting off the other party. These two people from each side, I will message when the fight is to be stopped. They will only know no one else. They will message me the scores and I will announce them. After the announcement, we will be back at war. At the end whatever party wins gets do decide what the other party should do. (For example say every day of their life they are absolutely opposite of what they really believe, so like real bad punishments.) So Good Luck everyone. Let the War begin and may the odds be ever in you favor. Lol =514;
PS. Fallow the rules, this is just like a game, I"m sure you all fallow the rules of mafia.
I will be part of the Conservative gang, I will not cheat on making the decision, for each party will have their own representative. If I find out one party has been cheating and the representative gave away private information, that party is disqualified, and they get the punishment.(All people that are part of that party gets to do the punishment) This also applies to Conservatives if people were wondering.
The two representatives and I will share a thread. To keep everything open between the 3 of us. So there will be no changing of scores or cheating.
Please fallow the rules. I"m really excited about this forum. I believe it the best one I made my whole 4 months I have been on DDO.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 9:02:03 AM
At 9/5/2013 8:55:18 AM, TeaPartyAtheist wrote:
I am in (on the conservative side). I am really curious to see how this works in practice.

Thank you, we need all the Conservatives to know about this and liberals but how?
TeaPartyAtheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 9:05:07 AM
At 9/5/2013 9:02:03 AM, leojm wrote:
I am in (on the conservative side). I am really curious to see how this works in practice.

Thank you, we need all the Conservatives to know about this and liberals but how?

We could tell the people we know when we talk to them, but that would really only help us with the Conservatives. The Liberals can see the page, or when we get into a debate/argument with a Liberal, we could tell them.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 9:12:17 AM
At 9/5/2013 9:05:07 AM, TeaPartyAtheist wrote:
At 9/5/2013 9:02:03 AM, leojm wrote:

We could tell the people we know when we talk to them, but that would really only help us with the Conservatives. The Liberals can see the page, or when we get into a debate/argument with a Liberal, we could tell them.

ok that works.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 9:24:42 AM
At 9/5/2013 9:22:11 AM, MassiveDump wrote:
I belong to no mafia. We Moderates prefer to be free agents.

It's just a name i gave, over all it's concervatives vs. liberals, anybody can be on,
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 9:42:47 AM
You need an equivalent of a moderator to enforce the rules, or they're pointless (both sides will disagree on whether a personal attack was used for example).
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 9:46:50 AM
At 9/5/2013 9:42:47 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
You need an equivalent of a moderator to enforce the rules, or they're pointless (both sides will disagree on whether a personal attack was used for example).

You know haw to get one? WE need one than, I really want this to succeed. :)
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 10:35:40 AM
I'd be happy enough to moderate.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 11:03:58 AM
Wait I don't get it.. so it's like a game where you debate but you have to be either liberal or conservative?
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 11:31:54 AM
At 9/5/2013 11:03:58 AM, sdavio wrote:
Wait I don't get it.. so it's like a game where you debate but you have to be either liberal or conservative?

Ignore "Mafia" from the whole thing, and it'll make sense.

leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 12:18:28 PM
At 9/5/2013 10:35:40 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
I'd be happy enough to moderate.

really? that's fantastic. :) I will be so ever thankful.
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 12:18:56 PM
At 9/5/2013 11:03:58 AM, sdavio wrote:

yes.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 1:23:43 PM
If you were to ask some liberals, I'd ask YYW and larz. Magic and DeFool are equally good bets as well, try them.

leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 2:04:40 PM
At 9/5/2013 1:23:43 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
If you were to ask some liberals, I'd ask YYW and larz. Magic and DeFool are equally good bets as well, try them.

what do you mean?
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 2:05:28 PM
some liberals to take part* rather

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 3:16:28 PM
conservative=old
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
proglib
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 3:19:00 PM

Cool beans! *

Although, I'm a little bit of both [most of us are, and I'm not talking gender politics!:D], most people would say I'm more liberal than conservative. My handle stands for progressive libertarian.

If I meet the criteria, assuming you don't have any age criteria [xD], I'd love to play!

--------------

* Google it, kids!
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.* And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater
*Except in a democracy it might lose you an election.

http://unitedwegovern.org...
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:00:10 PM
At 9/5/2013 3:19:00 PM, proglib wrote:

Cool beans! *

Although, I'm a little bit of both [most of us are, and I'm not talking gender politics!:D], most people would say I'm more liberal than conservative. My handle stands for progressive libertarian.

If I meet the criteria, assuming you don't have any age criteria [xD], I'd love to play!

--------------

* Google it, kids!

That's great, you know any liberals, please ask them to join. Thank you.
proglib
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:05:45 PM
At 9/5/2013 4:00:10 PM, leojm wrote:

Cool beans! *

--------------

* Google it, kids!

Thanks!

I might know a liberal or two. XD
"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice.* And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." Barry Goldwater
*Except in a democracy it might lose you an election.

http://unitedwegovern.org...
leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:08:16 PM
At 9/5/2013 4:05:45 PM, proglib wrote:
At 9/5/2013 4:00:10 PM, leojm wrote:

Cool beans! *

--------------

* Google it, kids!

Thanks!

I might know a liberal or two. XD

Please do let them know. I would love to play this game. I will try to get my liberal friends and my Conservative friends to be part of this. Thank you my friend. :)
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:17:45 PM
I shall be on Conservative side.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
MoonGazer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:20:37 PM
What if your like Liberal on some issues, but also Conservative on other issues and your ideology isn't straight? Could I be both depending on the issue?
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:29:43 PM
Once a side is sorted out (minimum 3 members and a representative), give me a message involving all members in order to confirm. Once I've got this from both sides, I'll try and start helping to facilitate the debates.

leojm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:39:43 PM
At 9/5/2013 4:20:37 PM, MoonGazer wrote:
What if your like Liberal on some issues, but also Conservative on other issues and your ideology isn't straight? Could I be both depending on the issue?

No it's one or the other. The liberals will be stating and attacking points, and the Conservative will be the same. there is no specific topic, as long as you are for that topic, u chose liberal or Conservative.
MoonGazer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 4:41:51 PM
At 9/5/2013 4:39:43 PM, leojm wrote:
At 9/5/2013 4:20:37 PM, MoonGazer wrote:

No it's one or the other. The liberals will be stating and attacking points, and the Conservative will be the same. there is no specific topic, as long as you are for that topic, u chose liberal or Conservative.

Ohh right :) Okay! Thank you