Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

If You were Presidential candidate ......

Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 7:55:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would simplify the tax code as well as lower taxes across the board. I would cut spending for all government programs. I would repeal many government assistance programs and combine others. I would do things that would restore power to the states. I would, though I don't know exactly how yet, bring industry back to the United States.
Nidhogg
Posts: 503
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 8:41:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Look at the other options, now back at me. I'm a lot less bloated and rich.
Ridiculously Photogenic Debater

DDO's most mediocre member since at least a year ago
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 9:04:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Because you voted for me last time
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
donald.keller
Posts: 3,709
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2013 1:34:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would start by understanding that you can't cut things from the budget... Self-Entitled citizens won't let you.

I would aim to simplify Government more and cutting things using a tactic of merging agencies. Mix together similar agencies to form more simplified agencies that won't require the large budgets they needed when separate. Instead of $250 million each, it'll only be $400 million total, etc....

I would also aim to repel Obamacare, not because I'm a conservative though. Obamacare was simply a failure. For Conservatives, it was a failure of a bill, and for Liberals, it was a failure of an attempt at Healthcare.

I would also lower tax on exports. Increased purchasing of US products abroad would close the Trade Deficit. The Trade Deficit is important, it gives every nation a reserve of USD's. By closing that gap for a short while (closing it too long would crash the dollar, which is considered the standard because of the readily available reserves of the USD) the demand would go up. The increase in Demand would increase the value of each dollar, which would better control inflation. (Supply and Demand.)
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
murphy_phillip
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 12:55:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would bring to the table a virtue that all too often seems to be lost in politics. That virtue is common sense. There are various reasons why you should vote for me. I would change up the tax code, look to focus more on American interests inside our borders, end outdated social policies that are taboo at the moment, in addition I would look to create more jobs by offering better incentives to major companies to bring back jobs to the US.
Phillip Murphy
"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
tahir.imanov
Posts: 272
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 2:06:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/12/2013 12:55:06 PM, murphy_phillip wrote:
I would bring to the table a virtue that all too often seems to be lost in politics. That virtue is common sense. There are various reasons why you should vote for me. I would change up the tax code, look to focus more on American interests inside our borders, end outdated social policies that are taboo at the moment, in addition I would look to create more jobs by offering better incentives to major companies to bring back jobs to the US.

How would you bring jobs back? It is not easy task.
This is red.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2014 11:36:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/12/2013 12:55:06 PM, murphy_phillip wrote:
I would bring to the table a virtue that all too often seems to be lost in politics. That virtue is common sense. There are various reasons why you should vote for me. I would change up the tax code, look to focus more on American interests inside our borders, end outdated social policies that are taboo at the moment, in addition I would look to create more jobs by offering better incentives to major companies to bring back jobs to the US.

offering incentives to major companies is going to increase income inequality even more. And that's exactly the opposite of what needs to be done. Majory companies have never had it so good. The US economy is booming. What isn't booming is the lot of the poor and middle class who are being starved out of the equation.

Enough people with your kind of attitude could possibly take your country so far to the right and so far against the welfare of the average American that it could become impossible to swing the pendulum back the other way.

Take a trip to Mexico to learn how you are proposing your country will become.
Kanti
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 11:05:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would lobby for ethical and financial transparency in every aspect of governance. Governance is not something the citizens should be separate from when it comes to policy making. I would be an extension of the people that elect me. That link has been violated recently so my first step would be re-establishing the trust in the institution. My second platform would be informing the American people on the hard decisions that have to be made. A shared sacrifice is necessary for getting the debt in order, but that doesn't mean that we can't preserve the central functions. We just have to put them on sound footing. What needs to be eliminating is this idea that one side has it all wrong. It's precisely diametric opposition that has led to the lowest congressional approval rating in history. The people have to trust that government is working for them. That also means having the ability to work for future generations therefore the deficit and debt has to be dealt with comprehensively.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2014 11:14:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/21/2014 11:05:55 AM, Kanti wrote:
I would lobby for ethical and financial transparency in every aspect of governance. Governance is not something the citizens should be separate from when it comes to policy making. I would be an extension of the people that elect me. That link has been violated recently so my first step would be re-establishing the trust in the institution. My second platform would be informing the American people on the hard decisions that have to be made. A shared sacrifice is necessary for getting the debt in order, but that doesn't mean that we can't preserve the central functions. We just have to put them on sound footing. What needs to be eliminating is this idea that one side has it all wrong. It's precisely diametric opposition that has led to the lowest congressional approval rating in history. The people have to trust that government is working for them. That also means having the ability to work for future generations therefore the deficit and debt has to be dealt with comprehensively.

It's easy to regurgitate ideas that you read on some political website. It's another thing to understand what they mean and to not just talk in general terms.

Shared sacrifice, financial transparency, extension of the people, trust the government, for future generations, all nice buzz words that any politican can puke out at his adoring lemmings in his audience.

Here's reality: Reduce the income inequality and share the pie. Your country's economy is booming while the poor and middle class have been reduced to puppets who do the bidding of the very wealthy.

And the only trouble is, the teabagger movement has stolen that truth and turned it upside down.
Fight4Liberty
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/30/2014 9:30:47 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I would start by cutting all foreign aid and military aide and the income tax.
The cutting of the income tax would force our budget to be highly regulated and reduced and the government would be forced to withdraw foreign aide and military aide. I would invest in Defense. You cannot change a nation by brute force, only ideas.
Leadership is influence.
The withdrawal of the income tax would also leave a door open for a free market system, which would stop us from becoming 'isolationists.' Free markets provide mutual benefit to trading nations and also allow us to 'assist' others in such a way.
I would appose Roe V Wade by leaving it to the State decision, (while strongly influencing against abortion,) as I would with Gay Marriage, and Marijuana legalization.
I would definitely make audits to the FED and end this devaluation of our dollar. People don't realize, when you devalue the dollar, oil prices sky rocket.
On the issue of oil, I would actually encourage state's to allow __regulated__ drilling.
I would remove the government out of education. Drop outs and testing statistics are horrible after 'Common Core' has been added. People should be free to educate as they choose, be it publicly or homeschooling.
Gun laws; only background checks. No restrictions on types etc.
Welfare, E.U and U.N would be under heavy scrutinity.

The law:
"You are free to do as you please so long as you do not infringe or violate anouther's rights."
Revoloution
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 2:16:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/30/2014 9:30:47 PM, Fight4Liberty wrote:
I would start by cutting all foreign aid and military aide and the income tax.
The cutting of the income tax would force our budget to be highly regulated and reduced and the government would be forced to withdraw foreign aide and military aide. I would invest in Defense. You cannot change a nation by brute force, only ideas.
Leadership is influence.
The withdrawal of the income tax would also leave a door open for a free market system, which would stop us from becoming 'isolationists.' Free markets provide mutual benefit to trading nations and also allow us to 'assist' others in such a way.
I would appose Roe V Wade by leaving it to the State decision, (while strongly influencing against abortion,) as I would with Gay Marriage, and Marijuana legalization.
I would definitely make audits to the FED and end this devaluation of our dollar. People don't realize, when you devalue the dollar, oil prices sky rocket.
On the issue of oil, I would actually encourage state's to allow __regulated__ drilling.
I would remove the government out of education. Drop outs and testing statistics are horrible after 'Common Core' has been added. People should be free to educate as they choose, be it publicly or homeschooling.
Gun laws; only background checks. No restrictions on types etc.
Welfare, E.U and U.N would be under heavy scrutinity.

The law:
"You are free to do as you please so long as you do not infringe or violate anouther's rights."

-_-
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
progressivedem22
Posts: 1,304
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 9:10:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/30/2014 9:30:47 PM, Fight4Liberty wrote:
I would start by cutting all foreign aid and military aide and the income tax.

So you'd cut about 1 percent of the budget and then slash about 47% of the federal revenue if you just mean personal income taxes, or a total 57% if you're including corporate taxes, or if you're adding in payroll, we're are 91%.

Breakdown of revenues: http://www.cbpp.org...
Foreign aid: http://www.politifact.com...

It appears that you like deficits.

The cutting of the income tax would force our budget to be highly regulated and reduced and the government would be forced to withdraw foreign aide and military aide. I would invest in Defense. You cannot change a nation by brute force, only ideas.
Leadership is influence.

Well, yes, the federal budget would be "highly regulated" if it was only funded by 9% of current revenues. You'd either have to cut literally trillions of dollars, or borrow more than we ever have before.

Where would you get the money to invest in defense? Defense takes up about 19% of the current federal budget (http://www.cbpp.org...). You've only left a measly 9% of revenue, not even half of past outlays.

The withdrawal of the income tax would also leave a door open for a free market system, which would stop us from becoming 'isolationists.' Free markets provide mutual benefit to trading nations and also allow us to 'assist' others in such a way.

I'm all for free trade, but we're practically there: tariffs have been reduced by about 66% since 1960.

As for your "free market" narrative: you're making a number of assumptions, the most substantial of which is that companies have equal bargaining leverage and economics of scale -- that a mom and pop shop could compete with Walmart, which surely it could not.

I would appose Roe V Wade by leaving it to the State decision, (while strongly influencing against abortion,) as I would with Gay Marriage, and Marijuana legalization.

So, repeal Roe v. Wade and allow states to ban abortion whenever they choose, even if they try to ban it even in cases of rape and incest -- AND banning it only changes the location to back-alleys.

It's also difficult to be pro-life when your budget proposal involves destroying federal revenues.

Gay marriage is already at the state level. Pot is to some degree.

I would definitely make audits to the FED and end this devaluation of our dollar. People don't realize, when you devalue the dollar, oil prices sky rocket.

Oh yes, let's allow the dollar to appreciation because we want to limit exports even further, increase nominally denominating debt burdens further, perpetuate debt deflation even further, have the zero bound remain a self-reinforcing effect, etc.

Oil prices are out of our control. Oil prices are at the whim of global demand from China and India. The 1.1% inflation -- below the Fed's target -- has nothing to do with oil prices.

On the issue of oil, I would actually encourage state's to allow __regulated__ drilling.

So I guess the whole "400 ppm of carbon emissions is unsustainable" eluded your grasp.

And, we're already drilling for oil: http://science.howstuffworks.com...

Domestic oil production, actually, is up.

I would remove the government out of education. Drop outs and testing statistics are horrible after 'Common Core' has been added. People should be free to educate as they choose, be it publicly or homeschooling.

I don't think you could connect the poor education system causally to government-run education, especially when there's research showing that public schools outperform private schools (http://www.bostonreview.net...).

Deregulating education would not only remove its compulsory component, but allow schools to teach nonsense -- e.g., creationism over evolution, that climate change is "open to debate," etc. And, not to mention, there's an incentive to keep people stupid so they vote for their buddies. So yeah, if you want to destroy the education system, leave it to the invisible hand.

Gun laws; only background checks. No restrictions on types etc.

Well, at least you agreed to background checks, which is a step further than what we have. So you get a pass on this.

Welfare, E.U and U.N would be under heavy scrutinity.

I don't know how you're factoring the EU or UN into much of anything, but ok.

What kind of welfare? Individual -- which has been cut -- or corporate? It's a bit difficult to even fund welfare with your budget.

The law:
"You are free to do as you please so long as you do not infringe or violate anouther's rights."

That's a bit difficult when you're allowing states to ban abortion, gay marriage and marijuana.

Conclusion: your platform is not only ridiculous, but downright batsh1t crazy.
monty1
Posts: 1,084
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2014 11:38:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Continue to try with the same initiatives Obama is proposing. But one thing for sure is that somehow, some way, the teabaggery influence has to be squashed before it does more of the damage that is evident in the following link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Just thinkin, what do americans have all those guns for if it isn't to water the tree of liberty?

Or on the other hand, do something really, really sensible and elect Ted Cruz for your presnit! LOL
WheezySquash8
Posts: 130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 7:55:22 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 9/10/2013 10:06:10 AM, tahir.imanov wrote:
why I should vote for you?

Why should you vote for me? Because I would admit my cons, and not lie to the public. I would also keep in touch with the public as much as I can, push to end our debt through promoting labor, etc. My main objective as president would be not to make the American people feel not included in governmental affairs, and to make the U.S an economic powerhouse again. I would also push policies to end wars, and mass spendings on foreign soil temporarily so we will begin making up the money we owe rather than losing it.
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy
Jifpop09
Posts: 2,243
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 7:56:40 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 7:55:22 AM, WheezySquash8 wrote:
At 9/10/2013 10:06:10 AM, tahir.imanov wrote:
why I should vote for you?

Why should you vote for me? Because I would admit my cons, and not lie to the public. I would also keep in touch with the public as much as I can, push to end our debt through promoting labor, etc. My main objective as president would be not to make the American people feel not included in governmental affairs, and to make the U.S an economic powerhouse again. I would also push policies to end wars, and mass spendings on foreign soil temporarily so we will begin making up the money we owe rather than losing it.

Being honest will lose you the elections in a heart beat. Not saying its a bad policy
Leader of the DDO Revolution Party
WheezySquash8
Posts: 130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2014 7:59:31 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 5/4/2014 7:56:40 AM, Jifpop09 wrote:
At 5/4/2014 7:55:22 AM, WheezySquash8 wrote:
At 9/10/2013 10:06:10 AM, tahir.imanov wrote:
why I should vote for you?

Why should you vote for me? Because I would admit my cons, and not lie to the public. I would also keep in touch with the public as much as I can, push to end our debt through promoting labor, etc. My main objective as president would be not to make the American people feel not included in governmental affairs, and to make the U.S an economic powerhouse again. I would also push policies to end wars, and mass spendings on foreign soil temporarily so we will begin making up the money we owe rather than losing it.

Being honest will lose you the elections in a heart beat. Not saying its a bad policy

Probably, but it would still be fun to try if I was to.
Pacifist Since 3/12/14
Wheezy
Crescendo
Posts: 470
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2014 8:54:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If elected President:

1. I would finish the border fence and track down as many non-citizen illegals as possible. Of course, I would immediately be denounced as a racist by the LSD-using MSNBC reporters and commentary people.
Actually, according to a source I once used on my debate, illegals cost this country around 100 billion dollars a year. Look it up yourself if you do not believe me. Therefore, assuming this is true, even if the border fence completion and the large deportation job were to cost 3 trillion dollars, it'd pay itself off (in a sense) in thirty years.
The ethical considerations of this are few. The illegals broke the law coming here the way they did, when they could've applied for citizenship the right way. As for "anchor babies," I am sure they are better off with their families, even in Mexico.
Immigrants are not the problem; illegal immigrants are.

2. I would, provided I had the power to do so, change all gay marriages to civil unions and then pass an amendment granting marriages and civil unions equal legal status.
Why? Because, if civil unions and marriages become equal in the eyes of the law, then the only real difference is a religious one. Marriages would be for heterosexual religious couples, and civil unions would be for atheists, agnostics, and homosexuals.

3. I would pass a law preventing corporations from being bailed out by the Government. This way, in the spirit of capitalism, businesses would be allowed to fail, liberals would be happy in this regard, and the Government's influence on the economy would be lessened to a slight extent.

4. I would repeal much of the Patriot Act and put an end to spying on civilians. If more terrorist attacks would be the result, then so be it.

5. I would invade North Korea. This would probably get me assassinated by a liberal mob, but North Korea is a dangerous state which shouldn't EVER gain nuclear weapons. China, South Korea, and Japan could occupy the country when the US Army is finished there.

6. I would pass a law which would require us to start debt payments. After I leave office, of course. :)

7. I would pass a constitutional amendment outlawing abortion and countless government orphanages would be set up, no matter how much it cost. Also, abstinence education would replace "safe sex" education.
My View of the World:
http://www.debate.org...

My Greatest Debate (As of so far):
http://www.debate.org...