Total Posts:154|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why McCain lost...

kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/20/2009 10:47:23 AM, Koopin wrote:


McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 10:13:25 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

Ignore facts. Insert dismissal of hidden agendas here.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 1:53:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/21/2009 10:13:25 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

Ignore facts. Insert dismissal of hidden agendas here.

Insert the only reason he won id because he was Black!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 1:59:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

How about... People were sick of the war (and the tremendous amount of money it costs -- he is 100% pro war). How about... he's old as hell (some people cared about that). How about... he's a Republican, and people were fed up with Republicans and wanted Change in general (not necessarily referring to the "change" of having a black president). How about... it's 2009, and he's still very old school when it comes to gay rights (which is discriminatory and pure bigotry). How about... he's against abortion (which many people, especially women, are very PRO on). How about... he didn't appeal or relate to a lot of people (especially the younger crowd). How about... some people actually want universal health care. How about... SARAH PALIN. Nuff said.

Bottom line: There were a lot of reasons why McCain lost.
President of DDO
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 2:31:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/22/2009 1:59:25 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

How about... People were sick of the war (and the tremendous amount of money it costs -- he is 100% pro war). How about... he's old as hell (some people cared about that). How about... he's a Republican, and people were fed up with Republicans and wanted Change in general (not necessarily referring to the "change" of having a black president). How about... it's 2009, and he's still very old school when it comes to gay rights (which is discriminatory and pure bigotry). How about... he's against abortion (which many people, especially women, are very PRO on). How about... he didn't appeal or relate to a lot of people (especially the younger crowd). How about... some people actually want universal health care. How about... SARAH PALIN. Nuff said.

Bottom line: There were a lot of reasons why McCain lost.

That works too.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 6:22:43 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

lol. But of course.

I heard one lady say that it was b/c the "powers that be" need a scapegoat for the big mess their buddy Bush got'em into, and getting a Black man in there to take the fall was just too good for'em to pass up.

Does that make sense to you too??
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 1:29:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/22/2009 6:22:43 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

lol. But of course.

I heard one lady say that it was b/c the "powers that be" need a scapegoat for the big mess their buddy Bush got'em into, and getting a Black man in there to take the fall was just too good for'em to pass up.

Does that make sense to you too??

True, but their seems to be less cynicalism with Obama in comparison to the past "white" Presidents. +Obama has a massive funclub.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 1:32:23 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/22/2009 6:16:18 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
He won because...

1)He's a better speaker.
2)He's black.
3)He's black.
4)He's black.
5)...guess it

Dumb.

Just as people voted for him because he was black, there were people who didn't vote for him because he's black. Get over yourself and try doing a real debate for once.
President of DDO
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 3:39:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/22/2009 1:59:25 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

How about... People were sick of the war (and the tremendous amount of money it costs -- he is 100% pro war).
And Obama's just a dandy pacifict, right?

How about... he's a Republican, and people were fed up with Republicans and wanted Change in general (not necessarily referring to the "change" of having a black president).
The Democrats ran Congress...

How about... SARAH PALIN. Nuff said.
Joe Biden.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 3:43:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/22/2009 1:32:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/22/2009 6:16:18 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
He won because...

1)He's a better speaker.
2)He's black.
3)He's black.
4)He's black.
5)...guess it

Dumb.

Just as people voted for him because he was black, there were people who didn't vote for him because he's black. Get over yourself and try doing a real debate for once.

He could have lost every single black vote and he still would have won. However, you are wrong here, theLwerd. The percentage voting for him based on race was considerably higher than the percentage that voted against him on race.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wonderwoman
Posts: 744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 3:44:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
McCain lost because 1) Chose Sarah Palin

2) Obama has better rhetoric

3) McCain is old

4) McCain is white

5) McCain is from the same party that had 8 marvelous years through bush (insert your joke or lack there of here)

6) Obama promised change and hope and was a new face and youthful

7) Obama's wife ran his campaign (nuff said)

HAHAHAHAHAHA :)
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 3:45:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/22/2009 3:39:44 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/22/2009 1:59:25 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

How about... People were sick of the war (and the tremendous amount of money it costs -- he is 100% pro war).
And Obama's just a dandy pacifict, right?

Well, unliek Conservatives who wt to stay there for hundreds of years, he's set a timetable.


How about... he's a Republican, and people were fed up with Republicans and wanted Change in general (not necessarily referring to the "change" of having a black president).
The Democrats ran Congress...

Democratic figurehead wanted.


How about... SARAH PALIN. Nuff said.
Joe Biden.

Mixed up "Job" with "jobs". Big deal?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 3:50:12 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/22/2009 3:45:31 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 12/22/2009 3:39:44 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/22/2009 1:59:25 AM, theLwerd wrote:
How about... SARAH PALIN. Nuff said.
Joe Biden.

Mixed up "Job" with "jobs". Big deal?

Joe Biden is cool, no matter how you slice it. He's a gaffe-tastic policy wonk. He's also honest, which is fairly rare.

Now, Palin? Lets see... thinks the world is 6000 years old, can't distinguish between socialism and her own policies, blames the media for everything, including when she trotted her own children out on stage with her, and abandoned the people of Alaska in the middle of her first term to go write a book that blames the problems on everyone but herself.

Go Biden!
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 3:51:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/22/2009 3:45:31 PM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 12/22/2009 3:39:44 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 12/22/2009 1:59:25 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

How about... People were sick of the war (and the tremendous amount of money it costs -- he is 100% pro war).
And Obama's just a dandy pacifict, right?

Well, unliek Conservatives who wt to stay there for hundreds of years, he's set a timetable.
A timetable? Doesn't look like it. The basic point is, he hasn't lived up to his promises for the war.

How about... he's a Republican, and people were fed up with Republicans and wanted Change in general (not necessarily referring to the "change" of having a black president).
The Democrats ran Congress...

Democratic figurehead wanted.

The figurehead isn't as important as the actual law-making branch itself.

How about... SARAH PALIN. Nuff said.
Joe Biden.

Mixed up "Job" with "jobs". Big deal?
Need more ammo.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 4:12:41 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/22/2009 3:43:07 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/22/2009 1:32:23 PM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/22/2009 6:16:18 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
He won because...

1)He's a better speaker.
2)He's black.
3)He's black.
4)He's black.
5)...guess it

Dumb.

Just as people voted for him because he was black, there were people who didn't vote for him because he's black. Get over yourself and try doing a real debate for once.

He could have lost every single black vote and he still would have won. However, you are wrong here, theLwerd. The percentage voting for him based on race was considerably higher than the percentage that voted against him on race.

Really? Where are the stats on that?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:30:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

Yes I am a conspiracy theorist in some instances. I don't like being spoon fed.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:32:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/23/2009 10:30:35 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Yes I make up bullcrap to make it seem like everybody is out to get me. I am paranoid.

Oh ok
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:33:27 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/23/2009 10:30:35 AM, kelly224 wrote:
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

Yes I am a conspiracy theorist in some instances. I don't like being spoon fed.

Conspiracy theorists take disparate facts like out of context quotes and tapes it together to make a shoddy argument
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:34:12 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/23/2009 10:30:35 AM, kelly224 wrote:
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

Yes I am a conspiracy theorist in some instances. I don't like being spoon fed.

Conspiracy theorist, crazy, whatever.

You say Conspiracy theorist and I hear crazy guy.
But than again I have worked on a psych unit, what do I know.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:34:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/23/2009 10:33:27 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 12/23/2009 10:30:35 AM, kelly224 wrote:
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

Yes I am a conspiracy theorist in some instances. I don't like being spoon fed.

Conspiracy theorists take disparate facts like out of context quotes and tapes it together to make a shoddy argument

If you see it that way. You are crazy if you don't challenge what you are told. It's called conformity.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:35:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/23/2009 10:32:27 AM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/23/2009 10:30:35 AM, kelly224 wrote:
Yes I make up bullcrap to make it seem like everybody is out to get me. I am paranoid.

Oh ok

It always takes some sarcastic person to take things out of context. Guess you are bored with yourself.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:35:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/23/2009 10:34:39 AM, kelly224 wrote:
If you see it that way. You are crazy if you don't challenge what you are told. It's called conformity.

Facts, they exist.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:36:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/23/2009 10:34:12 AM, comoncents wrote:
At 12/23/2009 10:30:35 AM, kelly224 wrote:
At 12/21/2009 9:59:51 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/21/2009 1:27:31 PM, kelly224 wrote:

McCain lost, because the powers that be want to brain wash us into believeing that a black face makes things different. Another color, same BS

Or simply because Obama was a better speaker? No why use logic. Insert Conspiracy Theory Here

Yes I am a conspiracy theorist in some instances. I don't like being spoon fed.

Conspiracy theorist, crazy, whatever.

You say Conspiracy theorist and I hear crazy guy.
But than again I have worked on a psych unit, what do I know.

I see a judgemental baffon in you.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:37:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/23/2009 10:35:50 AM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/23/2009 10:34:39 AM, kelly224 wrote:
If you see it that way. You are crazy if you don't challenge what you are told. It's called conformity.

Facts, they exist.

they do, and your reason for telling me this is becaussseeeee?????
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:37:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/23/2009 10:36:36 AM, kelly224 wrote:
I see a judgemental baffon in you.

I see the need to use the Check Your Spelling button in you.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com