Jump to topic:

Human Life - a Legal Issue

MSM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 12:02:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I was wondering, if it should be legal or illegal for some people to have children, depending on the parent's factors, factors like:
- Economical Resources
- Mental Health
- Education
- Maturity
- Transmittable Disease
, and others that I might not be mentioning.

About the factors, it would be easy to say: "I would not approve that people without economical resources to even sustain themselves, be capable of having children", However what about people that have the necessary economical resources but both, or even one of the parents has bad mental health, or a disease like HIV, that may be transmitted.

On the other hand, I was wondering, if also, there should be a place where people can be actually trained to be parents, where they can obtain their permission to have children. What should it include? I was considering this:
- Psychoanalysis of both parents
- An Analysis to check if they have transmittable diseases
- Preliminary Interview
(if they can afford to have or not children)

My position about this is that, I actually believe that having children should be taken more seriously, many people may not be aware that they may not be capable of raising a son or daughter. Also, plenty of them has unwanted children, at young age, and I believe that a solution for that, if it already happened, should be to make the couple pass this "school for parents" or, give the child in adoption, to someone that has passed.

This would help create a better prepared society, reduced overpopulation from all around the world, and make people more responsible and sensitive towards the human life.

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad English
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2013 8:30:47 PM
At 9/13/2013 12:02:09 AM, MSM wrote:
I was wondering, if it should be legal or illegal for some people to have children, depending on the parent's factors, factors like:
- Economical Resources
- Mental Health
- Education
- Maturity
- Transmittable Disease

About the factors, it would be easy to say: "I would not approve that people without economical resources to even sustain themselves, be capable of having children", However what about people that have the necessary economical resources but both, or even one of the parents has bad mental health, or a disease like HIV, that may be transmitted.

On the other hand, I was wondering, if also, there should be a place where people can be actually trained to be parents, where they can obtain their permission to have children. What should it include? I was considering this:
- Preliminary Interview

My position about this is that, I actually believe that having children should be taken more seriously, many people may not be aware that they may not be capable of raising a son or daughter. Also, plenty of them has unwanted children, at young age, and I believe that a solution for that, if it already happened, should be to make the couple pass this "school for parents" or, give the child in adoption, to someone that has passed.

This would help create a better prepared society, reduced overpopulation from all around the world, and make people more responsible and sensitive towards the human life.

no no and more no. also this is basically the same thing as your children thread
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
MSM
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2013 9:23:33 PM
At 9/16/2013 8:30:47 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 9/13/2013 12:02:09 AM, MSM wrote:
- Economical Resources
- Mental Health
- Education
- Maturity
- Transmittable Disease

- Preliminary Interview

no no and more no. also this is basically the same thing as your children thread

Yeah, right, sorry, I'm new in this, how do I delete it?