Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2013 10:48:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/22/2013 9:49:39 AM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 9/22/2013 4:50:44 AM, Kiroen wrote:
http://maplight.org...

Just saying

I'm sorry but... What's your point??? So what?

I believe his point is that the military industrial complex is partly behind the push to launch missiles into Syria at 1 million dollars a pop.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 8:35:35 AM
At 9/22/2013 10:48:22 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 9/22/2013 9:49:39 AM, ararmer1919 wrote:
At 9/22/2013 4:50:44 AM, Kiroen wrote:
http://maplight.org...

Just saying

I'm sorry but... What's your point??? So what?

I believe his point is that the military industrial complex is partly behind the push to launch missiles into Syria at 1 million dollars a pop.

It's just that I really don't see anything here. Is he trying to say that our politicians were bribed to start a war? Is he saying there's some conspiracy or something?
ararmer1919
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 9:28:31 AM
So what we have here is an article that says that politicians that support military intervention in Syria receive more contributions from Defense contractors and such (you know, the guys who's jobs and way of life is through war) then politicians who don't support war. No $h!t huh? Well that just seems like common sense to me. I really don't see anything there. No different then the contribution deference that alternative energy corporations give to their supporters vs what they give to their non supporters. And if your trying to suggest that our politicians are being bribed by defense contractors to swing their vote to war for 50,000-100,000 dollars when they already make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year... Well I personally am just not buying it. Also if you look at that list you see several senators that are against the war that still get a hefty amount of contributions. Like John Barrasso who receives 86,500$, the 4th highest on the list.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 10:30:38 AM
At 9/23/2013 9:28:31 AM, ararmer1919 wrote:
So what we have here is an article that says that politicians that support military intervention in Syria receive more contributions from Defense contractors and such (you know, the guys who's jobs and way of life is through war) then politicians who don't support war. No $h!t huh? Well that just seems like common sense to me. I really don't see anything there. No different then the contribution deference that alternative energy corporations give to their supporters vs what they give to their non supporters. And if your trying to suggest that our politicians are being bribed by defense contractors to swing their vote to war for 50,000-100,000 dollars when they already make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year... Well I personally am just not buying it. Also if you look at that list you see several senators that are against the war that still get a hefty amount of contributions. Like John Barrasso who receives 86,500$, the 4th highest on the list.

I seriously doubt that the chain of events is:

Support War -> Get money

If this were so, then the defence companies would have no incentive to give the politicians money, as they would support the war regardless.

The actual chain of events is:

Get money -> Support War

Even a Bible thumping Christian fascist in the Bible Belt like you should recognize what's wrong with this.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."