Anyone going to miss the tea party?

Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2013 7:21:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
When they are voted out in 2014?
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 6:23:29 PM
At 9/24/2013 7:21:52 PM, Izayah003 wrote:

I would like to think that they'll be gone in 2014, but they'll be here. They'll be significant until at least 2016, and relevant at least until 2020. But when they're gone? I might miss them... it will depend on what political faction takes their place. Irritating as they are, they could always be worse.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 6:28:52 PM
At 9/24/2013 7:21:52 PM, Izayah003 wrote:

as long as there are retarded conservative hacks, the tea party will always be around
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 12:50:40 AM
Please give me a list of the 'tea party' candidates who are going to be voted out in 2014.
It's the moderate Republicans that are worried about losing primaries to more conservative candidates.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 2:37:30 AM
As long as the US undergoes serious budgetary issues with widespread perceptions of employment difficulties, the Tea Party (or whatever it chooses to call itself in the future) will not be going anywhere.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 8:41:17 AM
Had to look up what was going on...

How is it that we can claim a faction with 22% support is going to certainly disappear in the next few years? And be voted out by 2014? Give it a re-polling and I bet it'll rise up a few percentile points again, and they'll remain for a decade if not two before any serious collapse. They will either go out with a huge bang or a whisper, and the Tea Party isn't shutting up yet.

The main problem is the opposition to literally everything. That will probably be what kills the Tea Party: it'll be anti-so-many-things-that-governments-try-to-do that people will just tire of the same old song and dance of the naysay party and move onto something more successful.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 11:17:16 AM
Limited constitutional government oh no...
You can't peg down any tea party position but you can see a trend in the republican party away from the old guard and their go along to get along mentality

Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 2:15:24 PM
At 9/26/2013 12:50:40 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Please give me a list of the 'tea party' candidates who are going to be voted out in 2014.
It's the moderate Republicans that are worried about losing primaries to more conservative candidates.

I highly doubt that will be the case. Most moderate Republicans have a fairly popular standings with their constituents, while conservatives are either extremely adored or extremely abhorred.

OT: I can't see the tea party being a sizable force past 2020.
turn down for h'what
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 9:02:24 PM
At 9/26/2013 2:15:24 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
At 9/26/2013 12:50:40 AM, lewis20 wrote:

I highly doubt that will be the case. Most moderate Republicans have a fairly popular standings with their constituents, while conservatives are either extremely adored or extremely abhorred.

OT: I can't see the tea party being a sizable force past 2020.

How's that? Mitch Mcconnell and Lindsey Graham aren't near as worried about losing in the general election as they are in the primary to more conservative candidates.
In the same fashion that Dick Lugar was voted out last election.