Total Posts:32|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Where is Damascus?

Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 3:17:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh wow. I thought that Damascus was in Egypt. Then again, I probably should have read that this was about the civil war.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 24,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 3:19:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1513 miles off, but at least I hit my target country of Libya...
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

"I call albatross!" - seventhprofessor
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 3:26:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
152 miles off. I always get confused and think that most syrian land borders turkey, when it's just the small northern tip of syria.
lannan13
Posts: 24,702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 4:34:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I got 338 miles off.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 3:27:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Here's what the last 500 players thought.
You were better than 98% of them. You're a Grade-A Damascus finder!"

Can I get a job finding Damascus?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,133
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 3:31:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is what it says at 2 miles away:

"Here's what the last 500 players thought.
You were better than 100% of them. You're a Grade-A Damascus finder!"
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 3:35:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
178 miles away, though I didn't realize you could zoom in, the hand was the same size as Syria.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 3:41:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also was Damascus itself going to be a place that's hit if we lob in cruise missiles?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
republicantown
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:07:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1132 miles off. The whole concept is stupid, we shouldnt bomb damascus because a whole bucnh of people dont know where it is. DOD can just google where damascus is and bomb it. Duh
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:10:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:07:18 PM, republicantown wrote:
1132 miles off. The whole concept is stupid, we shouldnt bomb damascus because a whole bucnh of people dont know where it is. DOD can just google where damascus is and bomb it. Duh

How in the world do you get 1100 miles off? I assumed most people at least had a vague idea.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
republicantown
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:12:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:10:51 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:07:18 PM, republicantown wrote:
1132 miles off. The whole concept is stupid, we shouldnt bomb damascus because a whole bucnh of people dont know where it is. DOD can just google where damascus is and bomb it. Duh

How in the world do you get 1100 miles off? I assumed most people at least had a vague idea.

I know the genral area but not exact. TBH i think only like professional geographers could map it exact. Some people get like 11 miles off but thats bc they live there or have been there or have studied that area like mad.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:19:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:12:23 PM, republicantown wrote:
I know the genral area but not exact.
Clearly not. Knowing the general area means you know where, at least, the countries are located. If you pointed at any point in Syria that would seem reasonable. 1100 miles off... Hmm.
republicantown
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:19:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:19:02 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:12:23 PM, republicantown wrote:
I know the genral area but not exact.
Clearly not. Knowing the general area means you know where, at least, the countries are located. If you pointed at any point in Syria that would seem reasonable. 1100 miles off... Hmm.

Thats just your opinion
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:21:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:19:53 PM, republicantown wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:19:02 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:12:23 PM, republicantown wrote:
I know the genral area but not exact.
Clearly not. Knowing the general area means you know where, at least, the countries are located. If you pointed at any point in Syria that would seem reasonable. 1100 miles off... Hmm.

Thats just your opinion
You're a bad troll Ma'am.
imabench
Posts: 21,944
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:22:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
son of a, only 15 miles away!
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015

Internet Missing Person Alert: Angsty teen with daddy issues who is a failed horse rapist and also may be a cross-dresser. If spotted, please contact your local animal control or whatever disease-control organization is close by so they may return the species back to its garbage container habitat.
republicantown
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:23:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:21:43 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:19:53 PM, republicantown wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:19:02 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:12:23 PM, republicantown wrote:
I know the genral area but not exact.
Clearly not. Knowing the general area means you know where, at least, the countries are located. If you pointed at any point in Syria that would seem reasonable. 1100 miles off... Hmm.

Thats just your opinion
You're a bad troll Ma'am.

????
imabench
Posts: 21,944
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:24:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:07:18 PM, republicantown wrote:
1132 miles off. The whole concept is stupid, we shouldnt bomb damascus because a whole bucnh of people dont know where it is. DOD can just google where damascus is and bomb it. Duh

The f*ck were you aiming for, Damascus or Morocco???
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015

Internet Missing Person Alert: Angsty teen with daddy issues who is a failed horse rapist and also may be a cross-dresser. If spotted, please contact your local animal control or whatever disease-control organization is close by so they may return the species back to its garbage container habitat.
republicantown
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:24:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:21:43 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:19:53 PM, republicantown wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:19:02 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:12:23 PM, republicantown wrote:
I know the genral area but not exact.
Clearly not. Knowing the general area means you know where, at least, the countries are located. If you pointed at any point in Syria that would seem reasonable. 1100 miles off... Hmm.

Thats just your opinion
You're a bad troll Ma'am.

I know where the country is an stuff i just think its in the genrel area. 1000 miles can be in the general area refferenceing certian povs.
republicantown
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:25:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:24:42 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:07:18 PM, republicantown wrote:
1132 miles off. The whole concept is stupid, we shouldnt bomb damascus because a whole bucnh of people dont know where it is. DOD can just google where damascus is and bomb it. Duh

The f*ck were you aiming for, Damascus or Morocco???

Im not jewish or anything so cut me a break
imabench
Posts: 21,944
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:26:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:25:18 PM, republicantown wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:24:42 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:07:18 PM, republicantown wrote:
1132 miles off. The whole concept is stupid, we shouldnt bomb damascus because a whole bucnh of people dont know where it is. DOD can just google where damascus is and bomb it. Duh

The f*ck were you aiming for, Damascus or Morocco???

Im not jewish or anything so cut me a break

Dude neither am I yet I managed to get it under 20
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015

Internet Missing Person Alert: Angsty teen with daddy issues who is a failed horse rapist and also may be a cross-dresser. If spotted, please contact your local animal control or whatever disease-control organization is close by so they may return the species back to its garbage container habitat.
republicantown
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:27:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:26:43 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:25:18 PM, republicantown wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:24:42 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:07:18 PM, republicantown wrote:
1132 miles off. The whole concept is stupid, we shouldnt bomb damascus because a whole bucnh of people dont know where it is. DOD can just google where damascus is and bomb it. Duh

The f*ck were you aiming for, Damascus or Morocco???

Im not jewish or anything so cut me a break

Dude neither am I yet I managed to get it under 20

You probably googled it or studied jewish culture
imabench
Posts: 21,944
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:28:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:27:30 PM, republicantown wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:26:43 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:25:18 PM, republicantown wrote:

Im not jewish or anything so cut me a break

Dude neither am I yet I managed to get it under 20

You probably googled it or studied jewish culture

No i just dont suck balls at geography.
DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015

Internet Missing Person Alert: Angsty teen with daddy issues who is a failed horse rapist and also may be a cross-dresser. If spotted, please contact your local animal control or whatever disease-control organization is close by so they may return the species back to its garbage container habitat.
republicantown
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:29:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:28:44 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:27:30 PM, republicantown wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:26:43 PM, imabench wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:25:18 PM, republicantown wrote:

Im not jewish or anything so cut me a break

Dude neither am I yet I managed to get it under 20

You probably googled it or studied jewish culture

No i just dont suck balls at geography.

Youre probably a geography major
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:30:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:26:43 PM, imabench wrote:
Dude neither am I yet I managed to get it under 20
It's obviously a troll. Worships Reagan on his profile like a madman, babbles about how right-wing he is, misspells words intentionally (obvious as to where), etc. I doubt he's just a stupid conservative.
republicantown
Posts: 24
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:31:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:30:29 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:26:43 PM, imabench wrote:
Dude neither am I yet I managed to get it under 20
It's obviously a troll. Worships Reagan on his profile like a madman, babbles about how right-wing he is, misspells words intentionally (obvious as to where), etc. I doubt he's just a stupid conservative.

Is ddo full of d*cks like you
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 24,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:40:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2013 4:10:51 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 9/27/2013 4:07:18 PM, republicantown wrote:
1132 miles off. The whole concept is stupid, we shouldnt bomb damascus because a whole bucnh of people dont know where it is. DOD can just google where damascus is and bomb it. Duh

How in the world do you get 1100 miles off? I assumed most people at least had a vague idea.

Since I was even further, I will respond anyway.
I thought Damascus was in Lybia. And, I actually picked Lybia on the map (which is surprising).
At least the noble sheep provides us warm sweaters. All your hides would provide are coward pants. - Dick Solomon

"I call albatross!" - seventhprofessor
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 1:38:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/26/2013 3:25:19 PM, Mirza wrote:
The two above - really?

Believe me, they did quite a good job in retrospect: http://usvsth3m.com...

I'd say about 10 miles away or less counts as dead on (which is probably the best you can do at maximum zoom even if you already knew where it was).
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."