Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Election reform

Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 11:01:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Many people wanted Obama to win because he is black. Many people wanted Hillary Clinton because she is a woman.
Here is my new plan for campaigning:
1. No candidate ever appears on TV and you will never see what they look like.
2. All candidates will never speak so you cannot know what they sound like.
3. You will only know a candidate by a number and if anyone tells anyone else that they are running, they must drop out of the election.
4. There will be know cable advertisements.
5. There will be an election.gov, which is the only form of campaining the candidate can use. This will be where the candidates will answer questions posted by citizens in forums or just Q and A. This is where the candidates will debate each other. The candidates will not know anything about the person.
6. The same goes for all representatives and senators, they will only be recognized by a number. They will go onto this website too. Voting records will be available to the public, but again, no names or pictures.

If these things happen, people will be elected solely by their political views, not age, gender, or race. This is how we will ensure that the president is really the person who is best for our country.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 11:04:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
lol
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Posts: 21,220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 11:07:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/27/2013 11:01:51 AM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
Many people wanted Obama to win because he is black. Many people wanted Hillary Clinton because she is a woman.
Here is my new plan for campaigning:
1. No candidate ever appears on TV and you will never see what they look like.
2. All candidates will never speak so you cannot know what they sound like.
3. You will only know a candidate by a number and if anyone tells anyone else that they are running, they must drop out of the election.
4. There will be know cable advertisements.
5. There will be an election.gov, which is the only form of campaining the candidate can use. This will be where the candidates will answer questions posted by citizens in forums or just Q and A. This is where the candidates will debate each other. The candidates will not know anything about the person.
6. The same goes for all representatives and senators, they will only be recognized by a number. They will go onto this website too. Voting records will be available to the public, but again, no names or pictures.

If these things happen, people will be elected solely by their political views, not age, gender, or race. This is how we will ensure that the president is really the person who is best for our country.

This is the kind of stuff that make people think youre retarded
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ClassicRobert
Posts: 2,487
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 11:09:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The problem with that is that character is still important to the presidency. We need someone who is capable of negotiation, diplomacy, and public speaking. Your system doesn't exactly solve for that.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
Cermank
Posts: 3,773
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 11:11:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/27/2013 11:09:44 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
The problem with that is that character is still important to the presidency. We need someone who is capable of negotiation, diplomacy, and public speaking. Your system doesn't exactly solve for that.
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 12:52:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/27/2013 11:11:43 AM, Cermank wrote:
At 9/27/2013 11:09:44 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
The problem with that is that character is still important to the presidency. We need someone who is capable of negotiation, diplomacy, and public speaking. Your system doesn't exactly solve for that.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 3:27:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Out of curiousity, if a politician was lying, how would we know?
By that I mean, if they have a history of being elected and breaking campaign promises (like going from olive branch to warhawk), shouldn't we know their history?

Also, how could we verify the accuracy of information?
Like if they say they owned a business and knows the problems of the small business owner, yet never held a job ever, how would we know before we cast our vote?
My work here is, finally, done.