Jump to topic:

KKK vs the Mafia

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 6:34:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm currently watching a documentary on the military channel. The documentary gave an interesting factoid.

During prohibition the Mafia and KKK were polar opposites;
The KKK enforced prohibition while the Mafia defied it.
The KKK was mostly democrat while the Mafia was mostly republican.
The KKK was strongest in the south while the Mafia was strongest in the north.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 7:31:08 PM
At 9/27/2013 6:34:19 PM, DanT wrote:
I'm currently watching a documentary on the military channel. The documentary gave an interesting factoid.

I saw that a few months ago, it's pretty interesting.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 8:03:48 PM

How are they defining "strongest?" Strongest organized criminal organization? Strongest political power?

Was the Mafia really mainly Republican? I'd figure they would be siding with whoever won the last election. If they lived mainly in the north, they would have been republican more by statistical bias than ideology.

The biggest differentiating factor I see is that the Mafia was immigrants and tycoons trying to stay alive and gain territory using european familial tradition while the KKK was white christians using a more "xenophobic cult" approach trying to protect their homes from the "invading" blacks, jews, and immigrants using brotherly bonding and herd mentality.
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 8:12:37 PM
At 9/27/2013 8:03:48 PM, Wnope wrote:

How are they defining "strongest?" Strongest organized criminal organization? Strongest political power?

Strongest in regards to their influence. Mafia had more influence and bigger number of supporters in the North and KKK in the south.

Was the Mafia really mainly Republican? I'd figure they would be siding with whoever won the last election. If they lived mainly in the north, they would have been republican more by statistical bias than ideology.

Yes they were Republicans. At that time, the south was mainly Democratic and the north was Republican.

The biggest differentiating factor I see is that the Mafia was immigrants and tycoons trying to stay alive and gain territory using european familial tradition while the KKK was white christians using a more "xenophobic cult" approach trying to protect their homes from the "invading" blacks, jews, and immigrants using brotherly bonding and herd mentality.

That is true.
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson