Obamacare summerized in 1 long sentence

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 9:57:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Warning: Grammar Nazis are not welcome

"We're going to be gifted with a healthcare plan we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don't, which purportedly covers at-least 10 million more people without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee who's chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a congress that didn't read it, but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we will be taxed for 4 years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted social security and medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke"
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:21:22 AM
At 10/2/2013 9:57:36 PM, DanT wrote:

Glad to see incompetence is valued here on DDO...

"We're going to be gifted with a healthcare plan we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don't, which purportedly covers at-least 10 million more people

True
without adding a single new doctor,

Don't know about this one, pretty sure there is enough incentive to become a doctor in the first place...

but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee who's chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a congress that didn't read it, but exempted themselves from it

They didn't exempt themselves from it... http://www.rgj.com...

and signed by a president who smokes,

And with a president who quit smoking...

with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes

Not seeing anything on this...all I see is the AIG payments controversy

for which we will be taxed for 4 years before any benefits take effect,

Clearly the Tea Party can't agree on that!

by a government which has already bankrupted social security and medicare

*you mean expanded* besides I thought you dopy people hated social security. Now you're championing it? BULLSH!T

all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese

and this matters how?

and financed by a country that's broke"

You realize under the old system we were spending 17% of GDP right? And covered maybe 85% of the country? Under UHC countries, they spend more like 10% of GDP and cover 100%. This is again complete crap. It'll save 200 billion come 2021 (if current projections hold)

As a teaching assistant in my university: I give this analysis a 4/10.
This is garbage.
Thank you for voting!
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:45:59 AM

"We're going to be gifted with a healthcare plan we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don't,

This applies to all laws.

which purportedly covers at-least 10 million more people without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents,

Doctor's aren't government employees that can be added via legislation.

written by a committee who's chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a congress that didn't read it, but exempted themselves from it,

Again, true of all laws.

and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes,

Irrelevant and irrelevant.

for which we will be taxed for 4 years before any benefits take effect,

And?

by a government which has already bankrupted social security and medicare,

Hyperbole

all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese,

Irrelevant

and financed by a country that's broke"

Hyperbole.

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 12:53:32 PM
At 10/3/2013 8:45:59 AM, drafterman wrote:

written by a committee who's chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a congress that didn't read it, but exempted themselves from it,

Again, true of all laws.

Not familiar with how the underlined is relevant to Obamacare, but I do not think this is "true of all laws."
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 1:00:25 PM
At 10/5/2013 12:53:32 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Again, true of all laws.

Not familiar with how the underlined is relevant to Obamacare, but I do not think this is "true of all laws."

I was speaking more of the Congress passing laws it doesn't understand or read.
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 2:55:15 PM
At 10/5/2013 1:00:25 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/5/2013 12:53:32 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

Again, true of all laws.

I was speaking more of the Congress passing laws it doesn't understand or read.

Agree, sadly, along with the rest of your list.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 9:59:37 PM

passed by a congress that didn't read it, but exempted themselves from it,

They arent exempted from it: http://finance.yahoo.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 1:55:57 AM
So I just found out yesterday that America is one of the only first world countries without medicare. (not very reliable source) Interesting, is this modern-day individualist attitude?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 6:15:46 AM
I think the most interesting facet of the law is that it opens massive holes for health care fraud in the United States. One of the most controversial new rules in the PPACA is the medical loss ratio requirement, which forces insurers to spend either 80 or 85 percent of their premium revenue on health services. The idea is to help safeguard against insurance industry waste"too much money spent on overhead, marketing, advertising, or profits. But the rule may, in fact, encourage waste and fraud, as it now appears that insurers will not be allowed to count fraud-prevention activities as health services. http://reason.com...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.