Jump to topic:

Who I think is responsible for the shutdown

Nordenkalt444
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:22:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The House is blaming the Senate and President, and the Senate and President are blaming the House. Who do I think is to blame? My short answer is all of them, the Republicans shouldn't have held the government hostage but the Senate and President really should negotiate with them. Especially at the end of the day before the shutdown began, the House agreed on a budget that covered nearly 95% of what the Senate wanted but they still rejected it.
Point is, it's time for our politicians to stop acting like spoiled fighting siblings. They will continue to fight and bicker over who's to blame until we do something to stop them. The time to act is now. Visit www.infowars.com and/or www.overpassesforamerica.org to find out more on how to organize against corruption, but either way we need to act soon while we still can.
Waffles anyone?
Juris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:38:42 AM
Yeah! I agree both the Republicans and the Democrats should be blamed with the shutdown. They always create a deadlock in the government that results to a lot of problems, which just recently- the government shutdown.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 1:13:12 PM
Sorry but you are way off. Harry Reid has failed to pass appropriations bills for the past two years and brought us to the brink of shutdown.

The Republicans in the House abandoned the defund Obamacare and the delay Obamacare effort and yet the Democrats still refuse to fund the government. It's their way or the highway!

The whole reason Reid refuses to pass the CR is because the Republicans amendment strips away Harry Reids exemption from Obamacare!
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 1:27:34 PM
At 10/3/2013 11:22:44 AM, Nordenkalt444 wrote:
The House is blaming the Senate and President, and the Senate and President are blaming the House. Who do I think is to blame? My short answer is all of them, the Republicans shouldn't have held the government hostage but the Senate and President really should negotiate with them. Especially at the end of the day before the shutdown began, the House agreed on a budget that covered nearly 95% of what the Senate wanted but they still rejected it.
Point is, it's time for our politicians to stop acting like spoiled fighting siblings. They will continue to fight and bicker over who's to blame until we do something to stop them. The time to act is now. Visit www.infowars.com and/or www.overpassesforamerica.org to find out more on how to organize against corruption, but either way we need to act soon while we still can.

1. Republicans know that they can not bring a separate bill to repeal Obamacare as it would never gain any traction as a stand alone bill.

2. Since #1 is true the only option Republicans have is to hold the budget hostage to try to force negotiation to repeal or delay parts of Obamacare.

It is somewhat a dirty tactic and moderate republicans have spoken out on it. I hate to take away the ability of parties to tack in unrelated issues into bills like this, but one has to remember the power of the US lies within the cross checks and power that minority groups (in this case - very conservative tea-party Republicans) have at certain moments in the process. Fundamentally, I think any changes to the system to promote playing nice in the sand box can have very detrimental impacts down the road exactly when we need the minority to have some power.

With that said, I'm just fed up with the Republican party stance of status quo on health care when it is fundamentally broken and operates in a fashion that defies free open markets. They have never brought any solutions other than attempts to stop obamacare.

Shame on them. Let them fight though. That is when you really understand what is important to the parties. There is no way the Repub party will let this go until we default on debt. If they did, it would again just show they are more concerned with ideology rather than the nation as a whole.