Jump to topic:

Crossfire Proves Newt's Strong Debate Skills

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 6:54:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Newt Gingrich is hosting a new show with others on CNN called Crossfire. This show shows how superior Gingrich is in debate compared to his opponents and how easily he could have beat Obama in a presidential debate. One big mistake to nominate Romney. Gingrich should have been the nominee all along. I watched Gingrich like and was amazed at his eloquent, beautiful speech and power intelligence. It's like watching the Dark Knight. Such a great man.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
TheHitchslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 7:35:28 PM
At 10/3/2013 6:54:06 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Newt Gingrich is hosting a new show with others on CNN called Crossfire.

...Where is Jon Stewart when we need him?!

This show shows how superior Gingrich is in debate compared to his opponents and how easily he could have beat Obama in a presidential debate.

LOL is it the fact that he is actually GOOD? Or that your just saying this to appease your confirmational bias?

One big mistake to nominate Romney.

LOL no sh!t

Gingrich should have been the nominee all along.

No. The man openly noted he wanted to violate international law and campaigned on getting a moon base. What.the.hell.
Even worse is his background with Wallstreet and the Freddie May flipflopping he did. He got bribed and was part of the reason why the recession came. Screw that little Newt. Run him over with my car please!

I watched Gingrich like and was amazed at his eloquent, beautiful speech and power intelligence. It's like watching the Dark Knight. Such a great man.

...I smell a closeted homosexual.... bout to make a hop over to the dems side there historygenius?! LOL
Thank you for voting!
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:02:22 PM
Hey Newt, whatcha thinkin' about?

http://polytopiary.files.wordpress.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:12:47 PM
Though the idea of a moon base was far-fetched, the principle behind it, is something people should be able to get behind. Innovation and exploration of the "unknown." Fundamental aspects of what makes humans, well, human
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:14:36 PM
Just because we already went to the moon, doesn't mean we should just stop there after all. We should always strive to be better. Gain a better understanding of the universe we live in. Gaining an understanding of the universe around us, only helps us understand ourselves all the moreso, as we are simply a part of it.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:27:30 PM
Well of course he's good at debating, he's a doughnut the arguments and insults fly right through him
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 9:58:42 PM
Newt Gingrich is hosting a new show with others on CNN called Crossfire. This show shows how superior Gingrich is in debate compared to his opponents and how easily he could have beat Obama in a presidential debate.

Stop speaking out of your boner HG..... Its CNN. Newt debating people from CNN is the equivalent of Richard Dawkins debating a trio of Michelle Bachmanns.....

One big mistake to nominate Romney. Gingrich should have been the nominee all along.

LOL sure. If the guy who lost to Romney who lost to McCain who then lost to Obama in 2008, only to then lose to Romney again who himself lost to Obama 4 years later in 2012..... Then what in the flying f*ck makes you think Gingrich wouldve won?

I watched Gingrich like and was amazed at his eloquent, beautiful speech and power intelligence.

I bet you used up all your aloe while masturbating to it too.

It's like watching the Dark Knight.

Youve clearly never seen the Dark Knight then.

Such a great man.

He looks like the pillsbury dough boy if he was a diabetic....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 10:50:20 PM
At 10/3/2013 10:36:26 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:

still got nothing on stewart

Lol I watched that video right after I saw that thread...Stewart is awesome. Maybe he'll go on the new show
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 10:54:21 PM
Newt Gingrich, "Screw you, facts!"

or...
"Remember, this is the best food stamp president in history. So more Americans today get food stamps than before. And we now give it away as cash -- you don't get food stamps. You get a credit card, and the credit card can be used for anything. We have people who take their food stamp money and use it to go to Hawaii. They give food stamps now to millionaires because, after all, don't you want to be compassionate? You know, the Obama model: isn't there somebody you'd like to give money to this week."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 9:56:35 AM
Newt Gingrich is hosting a new show with others on CNN called Crossfire.

Yes.

This show shows how superior Gingrich is in debate compared to his opponents and how easily he could have beat Obama in a presidential debate.

Newt is quite a good debater. But, being a good debater does not mean that he would have beat Obama, and even if he did, that doesn't mean that his message will appeal to more people or that he will be elected president.

One big mistake to nominate Romney.

No, the mistake was in Romney's VP choice.

Gingrich should have been the nominee all along.

I think you're too young to know how much of a blundering jackass Newt was in the 1990s. I don't think you realize how the people feel about him.

I watched Gingrich like and was amazed at his eloquent, beautiful speech and power intelligence. It's like watching the Dark Knight. Such a great man.

lol
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 10:00:11 AM
At 10/3/2013 10:54:21 PM, Beverlee wrote:

That's exactly right. What Newt does is he drags people down numerous rabbit holes at the same time, only to so confuse the issue that no coherent position could be drawn from his opposition. He constantly puts those he disagrees with on the defensive, forcing the other side to justify, and further justify only to be further relegated to a position of perpetual defense. The way to beat Newt in a debate is to call his bullsh!t for what it is, sidestep his meaningless argumentative tomfoolery and put him on the defensive. And, when he is put in that position, he squeals and squirms like a pot-bellied big being branded -it's just that most people don't understand how do do that.
Tsar of DDO
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 1:02:31 PM
At 10/5/2013 10:00:11 AM, YYW wrote:

That's exactly right. What Newt does is he drags people down numerous rabbit holes at the same time, only to so confuse the issue that no coherent position could be drawn from his opposition. He constantly puts those he disagrees with on the defensive, forcing the other side to justify, and further justify only to be further relegated to a position of perpetual defense. The way to beat Newt in a debate is to call his bullsh!t for what it is, sidestep his meaningless argumentative tomfoolery and put him on the defensive. And, when he is put in that position, he squeals and squirms like a pot-bellied big being branded -it's just that most people don't understand how do do that.

I haven't really analyzed his tactics, so I can't add much. Newt is before my time. But I HAVE seen some pretty awful rhetoric out of him. Like for example, he always SO ARROGANT that I could just choke him. His strategy tends to be:

1. Insult whoever is criticizing him, find something that they will want to rebut instead
2. Then he says that the position that he is being criticized for isn't strong ENOUGH

This only makes him a good debater against politicians
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 1:16:09 PM
At 10/5/2013 1:02:31 PM, Beverlee wrote:
At 10/5/2013 10:00:11 AM, YYW wrote:

I haven't really analyzed his tactics, so I can't add much. Newt is before my time. But I HAVE seen some pretty awful rhetoric out of him. Like for example, he always SO ARROGANT that I could just choke him. His strategy tends to be:

1. Insult whoever is criticizing him, find something that they will want to rebut instead
2. Then he says that the position that he is being criticized for isn't strong ENOUGH

This only makes him a good debater against politicians

What I mean is that against a politician, he is pretty good because the politician will want to protect his own reputation. Against an unknown, or someone who can take a punch, he would crumble like a lego action figure.

Some guys who would manrape Newt in a debate are easy to find. I can pick from left-leaning people:

John Stewart (general policy)
Richard Dawkins (Church - state issues)
Noam Chomsky (foreign policy)
Bill Maher (Social Issues)
Rachel Maddow (Technical policy)

I say these guys because Newt cant insult or embarrass them, and they all can press him on the details of their individual fields. That takes away his main two tactics (from my view.)

For example, in a debate with Dawkins over school prayer, he can't accuse his opponent of not being Christian enough. Noam Chomsky and Rachel Maddow are not going to be insulted much by being called a "liberal." See?

That forces Newt to actually defend his positions - which he will do by saying that he is being reasonable, and that what he OUGHT to support is much more extreme. (But he wants to be fair.) That is when any expert that does not have to defend against his slander will beat him easily.