Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Conservatives Only!

ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 2:07:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This thread is only for conservatives. Any liberal who wants to read and post may do so, with the knowledge that any argument will be totally disregarded.

My question is this: Why do liberals hate the rich? I understand their core principles, although I disagree with them. And I know that the super, super rich can gain too much control and potentially destroy everything. But why is it liberals hate millionaires?

The reason I ask is because I often deal with people who feel they deserve the same as a rich person, and I am tired of it. Doesn't everyone want to be rich? Isn't it obvious that very few people can be rich at a time? That's the way it's supposed to work. Liberals just believe that they should be the ones with that much money for no valid reason. But why? Also, liberals complain about CEOs having power, when they are the ones making CEOs successful. If you don't like Walmart's CEOs, don't shop at Walmart. It's that simple. Yet, all the liberals I know shop at Walmart and then complain about how CEOs are living it up.

So think about it. I am not wealthy, and I don't mind the rich being rich. And yet, I know liberals wealthier than me who whine and complain all the time. Why is this? Is there some sort of scientific explanation? Maybe there is a dysfunction in their brains? Or is it for some other wacky reason? You explain.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:37:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm neither liberal or conservative, so perhaps it's inappropriate for me to post in this thread...

But wouldn't it be better to get an answer from a liberal regarding these questions?

Assuming the questions are posed in good faith, in such that liberals actually do hate the rich, it seems better for you to get an explanation from a liberal, rather than having a conservative provide some theory (which is likely to be anti-liberal)

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on it even though I don't really have an opinion.
Debate.org Moderator
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 3:56:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 3:37:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I'm neither liberal or conservative, so perhaps it's inappropriate for me to post in this thread...

But wouldn't it be better to get an answer from a liberal regarding these questions?

Assuming the questions are posed in good faith, in such that liberals actually do hate the rich, it seems better for you to get an explanation from a liberal, rather than having a conservative provide some theory (which is likely to be anti-liberal)

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on it even though I don't really have an opinion.
This liberal does not hate the rich.
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:23:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 2:07:50 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
This thread is only for conservatives. Any liberal who wants to read and post may do so, with the knowledge that any argument will be totally disregarded.

My question is this: Why do liberals hate the rich? I understand their core principles, although I disagree with them. And I know that the super, super rich can gain too much control and potentially destroy everything. But why is it liberals hate millionaires?

The reason I ask is because I often deal with people who feel they deserve the same as a rich person, and I am tired of it. Doesn't everyone want to be rich? Isn't it obvious that very few people can be rich at a time? That's the way it's supposed to work. Liberals just believe that they should be the ones with that much money for no valid reason. But why? Also, liberals complain about CEOs having power, when they are the ones making CEOs successful. If you don't like Walmart's CEOs, don't shop at Walmart. It's that simple. Yet, all the liberals I know shop at Walmart and then complain about how CEOs are living it up.

So think about it. I am not wealthy, and I don't mind the rich being rich. And yet, I know liberals wealthier than me who whine and complain all the time. Why is this? Is there some sort of scientific explanation? Maybe there is a dysfunction in their brains? Or is it for some other wacky reason? You explain.

First, I would like to point out that going to a debate site, making a thread called "conservatives only" and saying that liberals, or those who share a different view then you do will have their opinions disregarded, only shows your lack of understanding of the word debate, and shows people here that you lack the capacity to hold one. So to start this off, might want to go to one of your conservative circle jerk sites if ya want the ignorant answers you will seek, because here you will have to deal with Facts, which i know is Taboo for most conservatives.

Now on to your question...

Your question really can't be answered given the way you posed it, and not because there is no answer, but the answer to it will be one you can accept on a social or even intellectual level, again given the narrow minded way you posed the question.

Your first misconception is that all liberals are against the rich, this shows that you really don't understand what the liberal issue are, so there could be one answer for you, in order to question someones views, you first need to understand them, which again isn't easy for conservatives to do.

Your second misconception is that liberals must have something wrong with them physically just because they do not share the same view as you, or look at things a different way. That could be another answer to your question, maybe if you stopped being ignorant, you wouldn't need to ask.

Now with that said, lets educate you on how the real world looks outside of the conservative bubble you live in. Liberals, are not against wealth, they are for fair opportunity, they are for fairness in general. you say that it is fair that the wealthy pay less in taxes then their employees. You find it fair that CEO's give themselves bonuses after asking the tax payers to bail their company out. You are right, everyone would like to be rich, well almost everyone, I myself have no such need, I find that hoarding wealth does not serve my needs, living by ones means does.

Again, you can't understand these concepts due to your lack of understand and nobody can fault you for that. However your whole question is disregarded given it has too many misconceptions in it to make it a logical and/or valid question.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:28:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 3:37:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I'm neither liberal or conservative, so perhaps it's inappropriate for me to post in this thread...

But wouldn't it be better to get an answer from a liberal regarding these questions?

Assuming the questions are posed in good faith, in such that liberals actually do hate the rich, it seems better for you to get an explanation from a liberal, rather than having a conservative provide some theory (which is likely to be anti-liberal)

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on it even though I don't really have an opinion.
My work here is, finally, done.
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:59:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 3:37:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I'm neither liberal or conservative, so perhaps it's inappropriate for me to post in this thread...

But wouldn't it be better to get an answer from a liberal regarding these questions?

Assuming the questions are posed in good faith, in such that liberals actually do hate the rich, it seems better for you to get an explanation from a liberal, rather than having a conservative provide some theory (which is likely to be anti-liberal)

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on it even though I don't really have an opinion.

Very true.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:59:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 3:56:20 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/6/2013 3:37:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I'm neither liberal or conservative, so perhaps it's inappropriate for me to post in this thread...

But wouldn't it be better to get an answer from a liberal regarding these questions?

Assuming the questions are posed in good faith, in such that liberals actually do hate the rich, it seems better for you to get an explanation from a liberal, rather than having a conservative provide some theory (which is likely to be anti-liberal)

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on it even though I don't really have an opinion.
This liberal does not hate the rich.

Alright, well I respect that.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 5:21:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 4:23:09 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
Your first misconception is that all liberals are against the rich, this shows that you really don't understand what the liberal issue are, so there could be one answer for you, in order to question someones views, you first need to understand them, which again isn't easy for conservatives to do.

Oh, I understand liberals. I am personal friends with many and they are very liberally-minded, sadly.

Maybe not all liberals are against the rich. But some absolutely hate the rich. And some never point out the positive things the rich do. So yes, even if they don't hate the rich, they don't like them at all.

Your second misconception is that liberals must have something wrong with them physically just because they do not share the same view as you, or look at things a different way. That could be another answer to your question, maybe if you stopped being ignorant, you wouldn't need to ask.

No, not physically. Maybe mentally, but I'm not quite sure. Just because they don't share the same views doesn't mean I have anything against them. Like I said, they might have some sort of mental dysfunction, and that isn't their fault.

Okay, maybe I'm being very anti-liberal, but you're being anti-conservative. That makes us both ignorant. So don't accuse me of ignorance, when you yourself have the same issues as well.

Now with that said, lets educate you on how the real world looks outside of the conservative bubble you live in. Liberals, are not against wealth, they are for fair opportunity, they are for fairness in general. you say that it is fair that the wealthy pay less in taxes then their employees. You find it fair that CEO's give themselves bonuses after asking the tax payers to bail their company out. You are right, everyone would like to be rich, well almost everyone, I myself have no such need, I find that hoarding wealth does not serve my needs, living by ones means does.

If the real world was exactly what liberals wanted it to be, that would be sad...oh, wait, it already is. Conservatives are the ones that promote equal opportunity. We admire the huge success stories like when people go from poor childhood to wealthy and successful. I believe in a flat tax, not a regressive tax. Even with a flat tax, the rich would be paying a lot more than what the rest of the country pays, which right now, isn't much. I might not love the fact that some CEOs give themselves bonuses, and I certainly don't like it when they have to bail themselves out. But they got themselves to that position, and you didn't. You support them when you buy from their businesses.

Again, you can't understand these concepts due to your lack of understand and nobody can fault you for that. However your whole question is disregarded given it has too many misconceptions in it to make it a logical and/or valid question.

...you know, I find it funny that liberals read "conservatives only" and start joining in. Makes me question their intelligence. Maybe not all of them, mainly you. I made this only for conservatives because liberals cannot keep from insulting people they disagree with, rather than actually use arguments. Isn't that what you were doing, in a sense?
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 5:21:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 4:59:48 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
At 10/6/2013 3:56:20 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/6/2013 3:37:12 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
I'm neither liberal or conservative, so perhaps it's inappropriate for me to post in this thread...

But wouldn't it be better to get an answer from a liberal regarding these questions?

Assuming the questions are posed in good faith, in such that liberals actually do hate the rich, it seems better for you to get an explanation from a liberal, rather than having a conservative provide some theory (which is likely to be anti-liberal)

Anyways, that's just my thoughts on it even though I don't really have an opinion.
This liberal does not hate the rich.

Alright, well I respect that.
Thank you. :)
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 8:40:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't hate the rich as a category. I hate the policies that certain rich people are lobbying in favor of, and, as a socialist, I dislike the concentration of wealth and power in a few hands because I believe that the populace as a whole gains less utility from it than they would from having a more even distribution.
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 11:04:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 2:07:50 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
This thread is only for conservatives. Any liberal who wants to read and post may do so, with the knowledge that any argument will be totally disregarded.

My question is this: Why do liberals hate the rich? I understand their core principles, although I disagree with them. And I know that the super, super rich can gain too much control and potentially destroy everything. But why is it liberals hate millionaires?

The reason I ask is because I often deal with people who feel they deserve the same as a rich person, and I am tired of it. Doesn't everyone want to be rich? Isn't it obvious that very few people can be rich at a time? That's the way it's supposed to work. Liberals just believe that they should be the ones with that much money for no valid reason. But why? Also, liberals complain about CEOs having power, when they are the ones making CEOs successful. If you don't like Walmart's CEOs, don't shop at Walmart. It's that simple. Yet, all the liberals I know shop at Walmart and then complain about how CEOs are living it up.

So think about it. I am not wealthy, and I don't mind the rich being rich. And yet, I know liberals wealthier than me who whine and complain all the time. Why is this? Is there some sort of scientific explanation? Maybe there is a dysfunction in their brains? Or is it for some other wacky reason? You explain.

You might be generalizing a bit. Or a lot.

I think what you'll find more frequently is liberals hating rich people who are not self-made, i.e. people who inherited their money since they were lucky enough to be the offspring of a successful person (since this goes counter to the liberal ideal of equal opportunity). You might also find that liberals hate it when rich people use their extreme wealth to buy votes from politicians through campaign contributions (since this makes politicians represent the interests of those who have money instead of representing the interests of the people in general). Just a little perspective on the issue.

And just to repeat what Izayah003 and airmax said, this is a debate site, and the whole point of this site is to communicate with people who disagree with your views, which will get you better results than an ideological circle-jerk would anyways.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 11:29:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 11:04:54 PM, drhead wrote:
At 10/6/2013 2:07:50 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
You might be generalizing a bit. Or a lot.

Yeah, I know I am, but I don't think it's completely untrue.

I think what you'll find more frequently is liberals hating rich people who are not self-made, i.e. people who inherited their money since they were lucky enough to be the offspring of a successful person (since this goes counter to the liberal ideal of equal opportunity). You might also find that liberals hate it when rich people use their extreme wealth to buy votes from politicians through campaign contributions (since this makes politicians represent the interests of those who have money instead of representing the interests of the people in general). Just a little perspective on the issue.

That is also true. A couple things I forgot to mention. If I ever become rich, my children will have to earn their own life. And like I said, when the rich gain too much power, it's bad.

And just to repeat what Izayah003 and airmax said, this is a debate site, and the whole point of this site is to communicate with people who disagree with your views, which will get you better results than an ideological circle-jerk would anyways.

They may be right about that, and I realize my mistake. And I apologize. I only tried to limit it to conservatives because liberals (for the most part) are insulting and just like to trash talk people they disagree with. Another generalization, maybe, but Izayah003 is a great example. He's an @$$hole.

What I've taken from this so far is that most liberals don't hate the rich per say, but I still think they don't appreciate them. Not all rich are bad; they provide jobs, grow economy, and pay most of the nation's taxes. As long as nobody hates the rich in general, I am fine.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
slo1
Posts: 4,314
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 6:37:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 2:07:50 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
This thread is only for conservatives. Any liberal who wants to read and post may do so, with the knowledge that any argument will be totally disregarded.

My question is this: Why do liberals hate the rich? I understand their core principles, although I disagree with them. And I know that the super, super rich can gain too much control and potentially destroy everything. But why is it liberals hate millionaires?

The reason I ask is because I often deal with people who feel they deserve the same as a rich person, and I am tired of it. Doesn't everyone want to be rich? Isn't it obvious that very few people can be rich at a time? That's the way it's supposed to work. Liberals just believe that they should be the ones with that much money for no valid reason. But why? Also, liberals complain about CEOs having power, when they are the ones making CEOs successful. If you don't like Walmart's CEOs, don't shop at Walmart. It's that simple. Yet, all the liberals I know shop at Walmart and then complain about how CEOs are living it up.

So think about it. I am not wealthy, and I don't mind the rich being rich. And yet, I know liberals wealthier than me who whine and complain all the time. Why is this? Is there some sort of scientific explanation? Maybe there is a dysfunction in their brains? Or is it for some other wacky reason? You explain.

Before you make claims that liberals hate the rich please provide some proof of that opinion statement. I think you are confusing what liberals hate and incorrectly applying a blanket stereotype.

Also, it could be important to understand the socioeconomic status of liberals. I have heard that the top half of the liberal group is actually richer than the top half of the conservative group. I'm not certain if that is true, but there are certainly very rich liberals in existence.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 4:04:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I know a lot of people who hate rich people and are conservative. I know a lot of people period who hat the rich. People strive for perfection and are very competitive about it. Rich people are seen as living a perfect life, so others absolutely hate them. A bit if involuntary jealousy. Also there are a good amount of stereotypical rich people.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Izayah003
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 12:13:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Okay, maybe I'm being very anti-liberal, but you're being anti-conservative. That makes us both ignorant. So don't accuse me of ignorance, when you yourself have the same issues as well.

I am at this point very anti-conservative, the only difference between you and i is the fact I have legit cause to be anti-conservative given the conservative party has done nothing for this country that is positive for the country in the past 50+ years. not opinion but fact, your problem with liberals isn't based on facts, just opinions based on misinformation.
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 3:45:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/9/2013 12:13:29 AM, Izayah003 wrote:
Okay, maybe I'm being very anti-liberal, but you're being anti-conservative. That makes us both ignorant. So don't accuse me of ignorance, when you yourself have the same issues as well.


I am at this point very anti-conservative, the only difference between you and i is the fact I have legit cause to be anti-conservative given the conservative party has done nothing for this country that is positive for the country in the past 50+ years. not opinion but fact, your problem with liberals isn't based on facts, just opinions based on misinformation.

If you really believe that, than you are pretty funny:)

Just for an example of how liberals actually screw things up, look at California. It was the greatest place to be until your liberal friends the Governator and Jerry Brown came along.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
Nataliella
Posts: 13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2013 11:57:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm somewhere between Liberal and Libertarian, so I'm sorry for posting here. Just wanted to answer your question: I don't hate the rich, I think they deserve the money they get. I just support some mild progressive taxing until we can lower our debt so it isn't as ridiculously high as it is right now. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of the rich not getting as much money as they earn, but what choice do we have if we want to lower the debt?
"I'm in COLLAGE." -The Sophisticated Man
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 2:35:18 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/12/2013 11:57:13 PM, Nataliella wrote:
I'm somewhere between Liberal and Libertarian, so I'm sorry for posting here.

Don't be sorry, I realize I shouldn't have tried to make this for conservatives only:)

Just wanted to answer your question: I don't hate the rich, I think they deserve the money they get. I just support some mild progressive taxing until we can lower our debt so it isn't as ridiculously high as it is right now. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of the rich not getting as much money as they earn, but what choice do we have if we want to lower the debt?

Alright, well I respect that. I am more in favor of a flat tax, but if a mild progressive tax lowers the debt then great. I am also glad you said "earn," because although some rich people inherit money from their parents, the rich for the most part earned their position.

What I've taken from this is that liberals for the most part don't necessarily hate the rich. The only reason I was making the mistake of generalizing is because I have some strongly liberal-minded friends who really do hate the rich and would like to see them bear 99% of the tax burden or something ridiculous, and it drives me bonkers.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
ConservativeAmerican
Posts: 1,676
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 8:23:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't feel like the moderate left hate the rich, although certainly the far left do, even if it is earned. Liberals in America have more a sense of entitlement and think it's a given that everyone has philanthropic views and if you don't, well too bad because you're going to give your money away at gun point to our philanthropic causes anyways. Although I think liberals are extremely hypocritic and controlling on economic issues, conservatives make up for it by their anti drug, anti gay and frivolous interventionist policies. So to answer you question, I think liberals don't hate the rich, and are even fine with the 'extravagantly wealthy', but they have a parasitic mentality in that if you have enough money it won't seriously hurt you to give up some for the greater good, like how you have enough blood and it doesn't seriously hurt you for a tick to eat some of it, but you eject a parasitical tick, just as you should try to eject the leftist parasites.
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 4:28:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/13/2013 8:23:57 AM, ConservativeAmerican wrote:
I don't feel like the moderate left hate the rich, although certainly the far left do, even if it is earned. Liberals in America have more a sense of entitlement and think it's a given that everyone has philanthropic views and if you don't, well too bad because you're going to give your money away at gun point to our philanthropic causes anyways. Although I think liberals are extremely hypocritic and controlling on economic issues, conservatives make up for it by their anti drug, anti gay and frivolous interventionist policies. So to answer you question, I think liberals don't hate the rich, and are even fine with the 'extravagantly wealthy', but they have a parasitic mentality in that if you have enough money it won't seriously hurt you to give up some for the greater good, like how you have enough blood and it doesn't seriously hurt you for a tick to eat some of it, but you eject a parasitical tick, just as you should try to eject the leftist parasites.

That's exactly how I feel. My grandma is a teacher at a continuation high school, and one of her students refuses to get a job because she already collects money through three or four different welfare programs, one of those being having a baby at sixteen. I like the idea of welfare, because it gives people who are down on their luck the chance to get back up on their feet. However, our current welfare system has gone too far. People are bottom feeding off the government. The sad thing is, many liberals feel that we should spend more on hand-outs and less on other things, such as national defense or infrastructure. This accomplishes nothing, unless the goal is to destroy the country.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
PatriotPerson
Posts: 1,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2013 9:00:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Elephants.
"Victory has a thousand fathers, but defeat is an orphan" -JFK
"You all stink like poo poo" - Rich Davis
"That idea may just be crazy enough... TO GET US ALL KILLED!" -Squidward Tentacles
"My heart is always breaking for the ghosts that haunt this room." -Nate Ruess
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 12:43:15 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/6/2013 2:07:50 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
This thread is only for conservatives. Any liberal who wants to read and post may do so, with the knowledge that any argument will be totally disregarded.

My question is this: Why do liberals hate the rich? I understand their core principles, although I disagree with them. And I know that the super, super rich can gain too much control and potentially destroy everything. But why is it liberals hate millionaires?

The reason I ask is because I often deal with people who feel they deserve the same as a rich person, and I am tired of it. Doesn't everyone want to be rich? Isn't it obvious that very few people can be rich at a time? That's the way it's supposed to work. Liberals just believe that they should be the ones with that much money for no valid reason. But why? Also, liberals complain about CEOs having power, when they are the ones making CEOs successful. If you don't like Walmart's CEOs, don't shop at Walmart. It's that simple. Yet, all the liberals I know shop at Walmart and then complain about how CEOs are living it up.

So think about it. I am not wealthy, and I don't mind the rich being rich. And yet, I know liberals wealthier than me who whine and complain all the time. Why is this? Is there some sort of scientific explanation? Maybe there is a dysfunction in their brains? Or is it for some other wacky reason? You explain.

Question: Why do you infer in your opening statement that everyone is either a conservative or a liberal? Taking each of these as extremes on a scale of opinion or philosophy, there is plenty of room in-between for all the "average" folk who see good and bad in both, but are able and willing to adjust their views based on current events and other factors. For example: I have long been a businessman myself, and yet I honestly feel that Capitalism is an inherently unfair and biased system. There's the way it should be and the way it is.