Jump to topic:

The new North American Taliban

Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 4:37:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Now yes i know the title is very biased, but the Tea party does deserve this label, now my question is this, to those in the Tea Party, or Conservatives, hell anyone who can hold a logical debate.

How can the actions of the GOP, the Tea Party not only be condoned by the right, but cheered by the right?

We have 3 branches of government, by the constitution, now since the tea party tout the constitution as if they wrote it, please tell me where in the constitution it says that if a party wants to repeal/defund/suspend a law, but does not win the votes, does not win an election, does not have the support of the majority of people, that they can obstruct and shut down government until they get what they want?

Now I want to hold a rational conversation about this, can anyone answer the question. using facts to back it up?
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 9:11:39 PM
At 10/6/2013 4:37:57 PM, Izayah003 wrote:
Now yes i know the title is very biased, but the Tea party does deserve this label, now my question is this, to those in the Tea Party, or Conservatives, hell anyone who can hold a logical debate.

How can the actions of the GOP, the Tea Party not only be condoned by the right, but cheered by the right?

1) Not all conservatives like what their party is doing in Congress
2) Those that do like their actions tend to be complete idiots

We have 3 branches of government, by the constitution, now since the tea party tout the constitution as if they wrote it, please tell me where in the constitution it says that if a party wants to repeal/defund/suspend a law, but does not win the votes, does not win an election, does not have the support of the majority of people, that they can obstruct and shut down government until they get what they want?

Because loopholes are a pain in the a**

Now I want to hold a rational conversation about this, can anyone answer the question. using facts to back it up?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Izayah003
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 12:09:30 AM
At 10/6/2013 9:11:39 PM, imabench wrote:

1) Not all conservatives like what their party is doing in Congress
2) Those that do like their actions tend to be complete idiots

Because loopholes are a pain in the a**

^ This!

Thanks!
"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest." - Abraham Lincoln
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2013 1:34:40 PM
We have 3 branches of government, by the constitution, now since the tea party tout the constitution as if they wrote it...

lol