Jump to topic:

60% of Americans would throw out Congress

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 11:27:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
If they had the option to kick out the entire Congress, including their own representatives, 60% of Americans would do so. Only 35% said they wouldnt, and 5% were not sure what they would do.

Traditionally Americans have despised Congress but liked their own representatives, but over the years that has changed where Americans are hating just about everyone in general.

Just 3 years ago 50% would not throw out the entire Congress while 48% would have, a swing of about 25% in just three years.

http://finance.yahoo.com...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 6:26:01 PM
I think it has come to the point where practically every politician, Republican or Democrat, conservative or liberal, is a lying, power-hungry control-freak. Even some of the politicians that are trying to do the things I agree with I don't particularly like.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 7:22:17 PM
Haha remember when Congress existed to represent the people, and were the there for the people?

Good times, good times.
Nolite Timere
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 7:38:01 PM
That's a pathetic statistic. If 40% would still would still keep this Congress, then Americans aren't quite getting the message. We deserve this.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2013 9:09:40 PM
At 10/11/2013 7:22:17 PM, xXCryptoXx wrote:
Haha remember when Congress existed to represent the people, and were the there for the people?

Good times, good times.

No, I don't, I wasn't alive in the 1800s, haha.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 3:11:17 PM
The history of Congress is dominated by venomous attacks. Notice that many newspapers have "Republican" or "Democrat" in their name, a holdover from times when a paper of one persuasion would never publish a good word about their opposition. I think we had an unusual period of friendly cooperation after World War II, when the country was united, everyone agreed on a need for defense, and the main task was post-war recovery. We are now reverting to the not-so-good old days.

Poll results are hard to take seriously. Ask people if they want fiscal responsibility and a balanced budget, and its overwhelmingly "yes." Ask if they want a zillion more government freebies, and its another overwhelming "yes." They want to pull the flush handle on all of Congress, but that option will never be on the ballot. They'll end up mainly voting for incumbents.

Note that Tea Party candidates did beat a bunch of Republican incumbents in primaries, like Sen. Lugar. Many of the new candidates then lost to Democrats, but not all.