Jump to topic:

Moderate Uprising: The New American Center

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 3:45:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
A new NBC News/Esquire poll shows that a majority of Americans are now in the political center.

During the shutdown, we have seen the Moderates, Independents, and Centrists come out louder and more outraged than ever with disgust over both parties gridlock and conflict. There's even talk of creating a new third party of moderates who will make compromise and action their goal.

However, after listening to POTUS Politics on XM radio, a station for moderates that promotes the "No labels" independent movement, they have shown themselves to Center leftists who lean Democrat and view Republicans as slightly more extreme even though Democrats have goals like abolishing every single insurance company and coal power plant, Obama dropping hellfire missiles on innocent civilians in 5 countries, the Left calling Republicans incendiary names like terrorists, arsonists, anarchists with bombs strapped to their chest, and the list goes on.

Moderates do not like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, or Ron Paul, they prefer Oprah Winfrey over all 3 according to the poll.

Can somebody please tell me why Ted Cruz' mission to abolish the IRS is extreme? THE IRS IS EXTREME.

Can somebody tell me why Ted Cruz' opposition to government control over our personal healthcare is extreme? OBAMACARE IS EXTREME.

Can someone tell me why Ted Cruz' opposition to U.N. Agenda 21 is extreme? U.N. AGENDA 21 IS EXTREME.

Can someone tell me why Ted Cruz mission to cut spending and curb the $90 trillion dollar debt is extreme? $90 TRILLION DOLLARS OF DEBT IS EXTREME.

But leave it to the "sane" and "reasonable" Moderates and Independents, apparently they can fix this mess! Bad news for you Moderates, George Washington blew people's heads off because of a 3% tax on tea.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 3:50:05 PM
At 10/17/2013 3:45:30 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Bad news for you Moderates, George Washington blew people's heads off because of a 3% tax on tea.

lol.

"If an uncompromising stand is to be smeared as 'extremism,' then that smear is directed at any devotion to values, any loyalty to principles, any profound conviction, any consistency, any steadfastness, any passion, any dedication to an unbreached, inviolate truth -- any man of integrity."
~Ayn Rand
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 5:08:36 PM
A new NBC News/Esquire poll shows that a majority of Americans are now in the political center.

During the shutdown, we have seen the Moderates, Independents, and Centrists come out louder and more outraged than ever with disgust over both parties gridlock and conflict. There's even talk of creating a new third party of moderates who will make compromise and action their goal.

However, after listening to POTUS Politics on XM radio, a station for moderates that promotes the "No labels" independent movement, they have shown themselves to Center leftists who lean Democrat and view Republicans as slightly more extreme even though Democrats have goals like abolishing every single insurance company and coal power plant,

Wow! I didn't know I wanted to abolish insurance companies and coal power plants! I love how you have lost your grip of reality to the point where you are unable to find the political center due to being so far right - I find it adorable!

Obama dropping hellfire missiles on innocent civilians in 5 countries,

Wow! I didn't know that Obama is sitting in the oval office using his computer to control drones for the sole purpose of killing innocent civilians!

the Left calling Republicans incendiary names like terrorists, arsonists, anarchists with bombs strapped to their chest, and the list goes on.

Wow! I didn't know that the left was the only side to do this, nor did I know that this was a mainstream practice beyond radio talk shows, nor did I know that it was automatically applicable to everyone in a group because some people do it!

Moderates do not like Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, or Ron Paul, they prefer Oprah Winfrey over all 3 according to the poll.

Wow! I didn't know that moderates didn't like people with far-right views! That's not the kind of thing you randomly guess!

By the way, you might want to know that Ron Paul isn't too big on privacy:
"Ridiculous as sodomy laws may be, there clearly is no right to privacy nor sodomy found anywhere in the Constitution. There are, however, states' rights " rights plainly affirmed in the Ninth and Tenth amendments. Under those amendments, the State of Texas has the right to decide for itself how to regulate social matters like sex, using its own local standards."

And that his son is also a theocrat, though admittedly not as far as his father (who is a total dominionist, by the way):
"I see that Christianity and values is the basis of our society... 98% of us won"t murder people, won"t steal, won"t break the law and it helps a society to have that religious underpinning."

Can somebody please tell me why Ted Cruz' mission to abolish the IRS is extreme? THE IRS IS EXTREME.

Wow! I never knew that it was EXTREME to have an agency to actually enforce the tax code!

Can somebody tell me why Ted Cruz' opposition to government control over our personal healthcare is extreme? OBAMACARE IS EXTREME.

Wow! I didn't know that one could conclude that a law is EXTREME before it even gets a chance to go into full effect!

Can someone tell me why Ted Cruz' opposition to U.N. Agenda 21 is extreme? U.N. AGENDA 21 IS EXTREME.

Wow! I didn't know that sets of guidelines that aren't even legally binding could be extreme, much less did I know they could be EXTREME!

Can someone tell me why Ted Cruz mission to cut spending and curb the $90 trillion dollar debt is extreme? $90 TRILLION DOLLARS OF DEBT IS EXTREME.

That's an EXTREME overinflation of the actual numbers, there.

I also like how you jumped to loving on Ted Cruz (like you do in almost every post). Should I order you a "GAY 4 TED CRUZ" bumper sticker?

But leave it to the "sane" and "reasonable" Moderates and Independents, apparently they can fix this mess!

They just might if you let them.

Bad news for you Moderates, George Washington blew people's heads off because of a 3% tax on tea.

Clear evidence that taking one side and crying like a 3 year old until you get what you want is the ONLY way to get anything done!

Also, George Washington didn't want a party system in the first place. He wanted people to work together to compromise on issues in order to try to make everyone happy. I take it you didn't get the memo?

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com...
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 5:10:04 PM

Maybe if the parties weren't so inherently opposed to each other, we wouldn't be in this mess, now would we?

However, after listening to POTUS Politics on XM radio, a station for moderates that promotes the "No labels" independent movement, they have shown themselves to Center leftists who lean Democrat and view Republicans as slightly more extreme even though Democrats have goals like abolishing every single insurance company and coal power plant, Obama dropping hellfire missiles on innocent civilians in 5 countries, the Left calling Republicans incendiary names like terrorists, arsonists, anarchists with bombs strapped to their chest, and the list goes on.

Heh. I'm even more moderate than moderates, then. Kewl.

Only because Oprah's popular. Voters tend to prefer character over platform. DUmb, but true.

But leave it to the "sane" and "reasonable" Moderates and Independents, apparently they can fix this mess! Bad news for you Moderates, George Washington blew people's heads off because of a 3% tax on tea.

George Washington was an independent. He himself opposed the creation of political parties.

lol/thread
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 5:20:20 PM
This is not about parties, I'm talking ideology.

And don't act like Moderates are anti-party after I just said they want to create a third party!

I'm say George Washington's ideology wasn't moderate, it was closer to Tea Party ideology.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 5:21:08 PM
"In every free and deliberating society, there must, from the nature of man, be opposite parties, and violent dissensions and discords; and one of these, for the most part, must prevail over the other for a longer or shorter time."

-- Thomas Jefferson
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 5:36:14 PM
At 10/17/2013 5:20:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Of course, because ideology > logic!

And don't act like Moderates are anti-party after I just said they want to create a third party!

It's kind of the entire point. They don't like the two party system. Period. Now, given the current situation as far as how the electoral college is set up, it is impractical to do anything without creating a new political party, which, if successful, would be able to possibly institute runoff voting.

I'm say George Washington's ideology wasn't moderate, it was closer to Tea Party ideology.

Of course, since anyone you like is a Tea Partier. Anyone you don't like is a neo-fascist liberal collectivist. Anything that is in line with your ideology is good, anything that contradicts it is bad. Simply because you don't care about reason, you care about ideology. Tell me - when is the last time you've looked back to evaluate your beliefs, to check them against reason? If it is more than several months ago, then there is no point in engaging with further discussions with you.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 6:00:43 PM
At 10/17/2013 5:36:14 PM, drhead wrote:
At 10/17/2013 5:20:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Of course, because ideology > logic

The two are not mutually exclusive.

It's kind of the entire point. They don't like the two party system. Period. Now, given the current situation as far as how the electoral college is set up, it is impractical to do anything without creating a new political party, which, if successful, would be able to possibly institute runoff voting.

They're moderates because they don't agree with the far left or right, not because they hate parties. They only hate the two parties because neither represent moderates!

Of course, since anyone you like is a Tea Partier. Anyone you don't like is a neo-fascist liberal collectivist. Anything that is in line with your ideology is good, anything that contradicts it is bad. Simply because you don't care about reason, you care about ideology.

I have changed ideologies 10 times in the past three years. I'm not dedicated to an ideology, reason leads me to the best ideology and I constantly reform my views. Just the other day my friend convinced me that the Glass-Steagle Act was good where as before I was undecided about it.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat