Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is this a debate site or GOP headquarters?

Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 12:06:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I mean honestly. Every time I stand up for gay rights, reproductive rights, women's rights, etc. some GOP slave jumps all over me. I am so sorry that my desire for equal protection under the law gets in the way of their bigotry. I have no problem with the Ron Paul Republicans who do not lean to either side. While they are mistaken on a lot of things, I respect their constiancy. The same with the centrist Republicans. It's the conservative Republicans that are a pain in my @ss.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 12:48:55 AM
Oh yeah someone forgot to mention this I guess..... The political section of this site has now long been overrun by conservatives, with a few libertarians thrown in here and there too.

You should have seen this place during the presidential campaign, imagine if Romney and Ron Paul's presidential campaign HQ's had buttsex and produced a child, that was basically what the DDO politics forum looked like.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 12:59:59 AM
At the risk of being a jerk, though, and while bench is right and all...some of it might be your method of delivery. You have a tendency to make sweeping statements that are sometimes...less than wholly accurate.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just to point out that it might be a contributing factor.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 1:19:26 AM
At 10/19/2013 12:48:55 AM, imabench wrote:
Oh yeah someone forgot to mention this I guess..... The political section of this site has now long been overrun by conservatives, with a few libertarians thrown in here and there too.

You should have seen this place during the presidential campaign, imagine if Romney and Ron Paul's presidential campaign HQ's had buttsex and produced a child, that was basically what the DDO politics forum looked like.....

I may be a conservative...but let's get one thing straight, I am not a Romney fan.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:44:31 AM
At 10/19/2013 1:19:26 AM, ironmaiden wrote:

I may be a conservative...but let's get one thing straight, I am not a Romney fan.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 8:45:46 AM
I am a conservative with socially progressive tendencies.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 12:01:40 PM

Santorum?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 1:45:02 PM

A nasty, yet hilarious and accurate analogy.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 2:16:20 PM
At 10/19/2013 12:01:40 PM, imabench wrote:

Santorum?

Eh, a little bit. He was probably my number one pick out of all the candidates.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 2:19:32 PM
At 10/19/2013 2:16:20 PM, ironmaiden wrote:

Santorum?

Yeah there were a few Santorum threads around here during election time too, but not that many compared to Romney and Ron Paul. The few that were here usually belonged to 1HistoryGenius as well

ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 2:46:11 PM
At 10/19/2013 2:19:32 PM, imabench wrote:

Santorum?

Yeah there were a few Santorum threads around here during election time too, but not that many compared to Romney and Ron Paul. The few that were here usually belonged to 1HistoryGenius as well

I could imagine. I wasn't on DDO at that time, but I can imagine the chaos on here during election time.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 2:56:11 PM
At 10/19/2013 2:46:11 PM, ironmaiden wrote:

I could imagine. I wasn't on DDO at that time, but I can imagine the chaos on here during election time.

lol, yeah it was.... When Obama won the sh*t had literally hit the fan on here and people were BEYOND pissed off.....

I think some people even left the site after that

Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 3:09:24 PM

Santorum?

I thought he was a fan of the great donut.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 3:11:59 PM

At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.

Good job, bench.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 3:18:42 PM
At 10/19/2013 2:56:11 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/19/2013 2:46:11 PM, ironmaiden wrote:

lol, yeah it was.... When Obama won the sh*t had literally hit the fan on here and people were BEYOND pissed off.....

I think some people even left the site after that

Wow, that's crazy. I was honestly depressed when he was elected. My whole family was. He just hasn't done anything good for us. He took all of Bush's mistakes and instead of fixing them, only continued them, while pointing the finger at Bush. My family was actually doing better when Bush was president, but it's not like we're anywhere near rich.

I honestly hope that Obama does well, I mean I'm not going to sit here and say, "I hope he destroys the country just so the country realizes what a monster he is." The sad thing is, that's kind of what's happening. Nothing has improved in the last 5 years, and I don't think anything will:/
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 3:27:40 PM

My Spaggetti Monster, that is sad.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 3:28:20 PM

Ron Paul Republican or Sarah Palin Republican?
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 3:32:53 PM
At 10/19/2013 3:28:20 PM, Sitara wrote:

If they were both to run for president, and every other candidate had a heart attack, probably Palin. It would be cool to see a woman president that's not Clinton. Honestly, I don't know...I'm more of a Thomas Jefferson type.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 3:33:21 PM

I think he said he was a Santorum leaning republican

Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 3:43:02 PM
At 10/19/2013 3:33:21 PM, imabench wrote:

I think he said he was a Santorum leaning republican
Yikes. We all make mistakes. i almost joined the Republican Party until they attacked healthcare.
Citrakayah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 9:09:12 PM
At 10/19/2013 3:32:53 PM, ironmaiden wrote:

If they were both to run for president, and every other candidate had a heart attack, probably Palin. It would be cool to see a woman president that's not Clinton. Honestly, I don't know...I'm more of a Thomas Jefferson type.

Hey, heart attacks aren't always fatal.
1Percenter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 1:10:12 AM
At 10/19/2013 12:06:17 AM, Sitara wrote:
I mean honestly. Every time I stand up for gay rights, reproductive rights, women's rights, etc. some GOP slave jumps all over me. I am so sorry that my desire for equal protection under the law gets in the way of their bigotry. I have no problem with the Ron Paul Republicans who do not lean to either side. While they are mistaken on a lot of things, I respect their constiancy. The same with the centrist Republicans. It's the conservative Republicans that are a pain in my @ss.

I'm sorry that this website isn't the liberal circle jerk community you were clearly expecting. It must be so foreign of an experience to have someone actually challenge your views.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 3:03:01 AM
At 10/20/2013 1:10:12 AM, 1Percenter wrote:

I'm sorry that this website isn't the liberal circle jerk community you were clearly expecting. It must be so foreign of an experience to have someone actually challenge your views.

i respect people who respect me. If you want my respect, pucking earn it. Are you able to present a logical case or is that too hard for your puny conservacrite brain?
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 3:04:19 AM
At 10/19/2013 12:59:59 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At the risk of being a jerk, though, and while bench is right and all...some of it might be your method of delivery. You have a tendency to make sweeping statements that are sometimes...less than wholly accurate.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just to point out that it might be a contributing factor.

No I don't. I just stand up for what i believe in and demand logic. Either back up your claims or hiss off.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 3:06:14 AM

I would pick Ron Paul. i voted for him actually.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 8:06:21 AM
At 10/20/2013 3:04:19 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/19/2013 12:59:59 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:

No I don't. I just stand up for what i believe in and demand logic. Either back up your claims or hiss off.

Well, that's rather uncalled for--especially when a trivial example is easy to find:

In that one, bench corrected you, and you were gracious in accepting the correction. But the original post was a sweeping statement...that was not wholly accurate. That you responded the way you did might also be a contributing factor--as I said in my original post, I'm not trying to be mean. That it seems to have angered you to have this pointed out to you--and that it was so trivial to find an example--might be something that you want to look at.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 10:10:20 AM
At 10/20/2013 3:06:14 AM, Sitara wrote:

I would pick Ron Paul. i voted for him actually.

Oh, you did? Hmm, cool. I didn't really know much Ron Paul, but I didn't think Palin was as bad as everyone else thought. But when I don't know much about somebody I tend to be real careful about them, all of these crazy Republicans who I would hate to see be president. And although I'm not a Romney fan, I am a big Paul Ryan fan. He seemed a little more genuine than others.
Atrag
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 11:24:45 AM
At 10/20/2013 3:03:01 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 10/20/2013 1:10:12 AM, 1Percenter wrote:

i respect people who respect me. If you want my respect, pucking earn it. Are you able to present a logical case or is that too hard for your puny conservacrite brain?

You really want to go down the route of insulting how peoples brains work? ;) I don't think that would be wise considering.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2013 11:28:13 AM
To be fair, it wouldn't be much of a debate site if people didn't disagree with you.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown