Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

White House to Delay Individual Mandate

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2013 7:25:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Ted Cruz: "Delay Obamacare."
Dems: "No! You're extremist."

Whitehouse: "We are delaying Obamacare."
Dems: "Very reasonable. Let's fix this law."

Sounds racist to me. Why do Liberals hate Hispanics?

'The Obama administration will delay enforcement of the Affordable Care Act's health insurance mandate'
http://www.marketwatch.com...

*To those who think Ted Cruz didn't call for a delay you're wrong. Defund = delay. Budget resolutions are temporary.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2013 9:35:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/23/2013 7:25:53 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Ted Cruz: "Delay Obamacare."
Dems: "No! You're extremist."

Whitehouse: "We are delaying Obamacare."
Dems: "Very reasonable. Let's fix this law."

Sounds racist to me. Why do Liberals hate Hispanics?

'The Obama administration will delay enforcement of the Affordable Care Act's health insurance mandate'
http://www.marketwatch.com...

*To those who think Ted Cruz didn't call for a delay you're wrong. Defund = delay. Budget resolutions are temporary.

defund =/= delay. It equals attempted kill. They are not saying "we don't want it this year, but it sounds great in the next couple of years" they are saying "we want to stop it for a couple of years so we can gather enough support to completely kill it."

Ted Cruz does not want it to start up later, that is the key difference.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2013 9:48:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/23/2013 9:35:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
defund =/= delay. It equals attempted kill. They are not saying "we don't want it this year, but it sounds great in the next couple of years" they are saying "we want to stop it for a couple of years so we can gather enough support to completely kill it."

Ted Cruz does not want it to start up later, that is the key difference.

A defund is a delay. Cruz' ulterior motives for destruction are irrelevant. Whether Cruz delays it or Obama delays it, it still serves Cruz' interest to buy time and dismantle the bill.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2013 9:50:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/23/2013 9:48:22 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/23/2013 9:35:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
defund =/= delay. It equals attempted kill. They are not saying "we don't want it this year, but it sounds great in the next couple of years" they are saying "we want to stop it for a couple of years so we can gather enough support to completely kill it."

Ted Cruz does not want it to start up later, that is the key difference.

A defund is a delay. Cruz' ulterior motives for destruction are irrelevant. Whether Cruz delays it or Obama delays it, it still serves Cruz' interest to buy time and dismantle the bill.

No it doesn't, because allowing Cruz to cause the delay is yielding power to him (or at least the appearance of power). Having Obama do it is at least partially holding the power in his hands. That is a significant difference. If Obama stops it, he can re-start it. The image is very powerful for how either political party gains or controls momentum going into 2014.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2013 10:05:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/23/2013 9:50:58 PM, Ore_Ele wrote::
No it doesn't, because allowing Cruz to cause the delay is yielding power to him (or at least the appearance of power). Having Obama do it is at least partially holding the power in his hands. That is a significant difference. If Obama stops it, he can re-start it. The image is very powerful for how either political party gains or controls momentum going into 2014.

Granted. The effects of a Cruz induced delay differs from an Obama delay. However, Cruz defund effort was a technical delay no matter how it's spun. If he succeeded defunding it in a budget resolution, the resolution would eventually expire in 6 months to a years time.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2013 10:44:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/23/2013 9:48:22 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/23/2013 9:35:19 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
defund =/= delay. It equals attempted kill. They are not saying "we don't want it this year, but it sounds great in the next couple of years" they are saying "we want to stop it for a couple of years so we can gather enough support to completely kill it."

Ted Cruz does not want it to start up later, that is the key difference.

A defund is a delay. Cruz' ulterior motives for destruction are irrelevant. Whether Cruz delays it or Obama delays it, it still serves Cruz' interest to buy time and dismantle the bill.

Um...a defund isn't a delay. It's death. Death looks a heckuva lot like a delay, except there's no "after" in it.

It's amusing that you see no relevance to Cruz blatantly stating his goal was to destroy obamacare and the fact that he keeps referring to "defunding Obamacare."

Defunding is in fact more insidious than actual repeal, since defunding means creating a bunch of programs so that THEY FAIL INTENTIONALLY.