Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Who is the best Canadian Prime Minister?

Cottagebythewall
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 1:52:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm young and am trying to learn more about my country and I want to know who your favourite Prime Minister is and why.
"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm." - Abraham Lincoln
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 4:06:11 PM
Stephen Harper, because he looks like an evil genius.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 5:14:02 PM
At 10/27/2013 1:52:11 PM, Cottagebythewall wrote:
I'm young and am trying to learn more about my country and I want to know who your favourite Prime Minister is and why.

Don't listen to Ninja, Harper is probably the worst possible PM ever, who shall be ushered out of office by the inspiring Justin Trudeau. Vote Liberal.

Anyways, seriously, it depends on what criteria you follow. You can go by the more "neutral" route, which is to say look at some of the past polls and programs that tried to figure this out. Among modern PMs, Trudeau usually gets the nod. Maclean's had two surveys, one in 1997 and one in 2011, which which saw John A. Macdonald, Wilfred Laurier, and Mackenzie King round out the top three both times. You can check that stuff out here: http://en.wikipedia.org...

A more non-neutral route is to look at the impact of the various PMs on Canadian history and governance, and try to make a claim. In that way, I would say again that Macdonald, Laurier, and King are your top choices there; however, Robert Borden and Pierre Trudeau both have claims to fame as well, the first being Canada's war time PM during WWI, and Trudeau being the PM that brought home the Constitution and gave us the Charter. Pearson can also be slotted in there due to his contributions.

But I would narrow it down to that top three - Laurier, King, and Macdonald. Learn about them and their administrations, and make a choice. Any of them is a safe bet really.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 5:45:10 PM
At 10/27/2013 5:14:02 PM, Volkov wrote:
At 10/27/2013 1:52:11 PM, Cottagebythewall wrote:

Don't listen to Ninja, Harper is probably the worst possible PM ever, who shall be ushered out of office by the inspiring Justin Trudeau. Vote Liberal.

Lol. You're hilarious.

The only think Trudeau has going for him is his name.

Stephen Harper has Alberta, motherfvckers.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 5:50:57 PM
thing*
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 5:57:58 PM
At 10/27/2013 5:45:10 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Lol. You're hilarious.

Alberta sucks. That is all.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 6:12:05 PM
At 10/27/2013 5:57:58 PM, Volkov wrote:
Lol. You're hilarious.

Alberta is the powerhouse of Canada. Without it, you'd have weed smokers in BC, hippies in Quebec, and god knows what they do in Ontario.

With Alberta, you have all of that, but you also have OIL.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 6:23:29 PM
At 10/27/2013 6:12:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 10/27/2013 5:57:58 PM, Volkov wrote:
Lol. You're hilarious.

Alberta is the powerhouse of Canada. Without it, you'd have weed smokers in BC, hippies in Quebec, and god knows what they do in Ontario.

You'd have french speaking pansies!
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 6:55:18 PM
At 10/27/2013 6:12:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Meh. Oil or no, Alberta still sucks.