: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 9:11:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
what exactly is the opposition to ACA about? I know pretty much nothing about it and don't have the time to really read about it so I've abstained on my opinion. But from what I can deduce from the basic narrative is that it's meant to correct unfair practices used by insurance companies and make healthcare accessible to everyone. Is the opposition arguing that the legislation does not accomplish these goals or that these are not worthy goals to aspire to achieve?

*bear in mind that by "opposition" I DON'T mean the people who think the Affordable Care Act is wonderful legislation, but Obamacare is bad news.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/28/2013 9:58:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/28/2013 9:11:28 PM, 000ike wrote:
what exactly is the opposition to ACA about? I know pretty much nothing about it and don't have the time to really read about it so I've abstained on my opinion. But from what I can deduce from the basic narrative is that it's meant to correct unfair practices used by insurance companies and make healthcare accessible to everyone. Is the opposition arguing that the legislation does not accomplish these goals or that these are not worthy goals to aspire to achieve?

*bear in mind that by "opposition" I DON'T mean the people who think the Affordable Care Act is wonderful legislation, but Obamacare is bad news.

I don't know that much about the ACA either, but what I do know is that it's universal health care, so everybody has to have it. Its purpose is to give healthcare to people that can't afford it, but it's just a big mess. We the people are going to be paying higher taxes, and some of us don't even want or need it. It's also going to add to the debt. On top of all that it redefines part time, which will really hurt many people as it will lower their number of hours and thus their income. And members of Congress are exempt from it, and when the GOP said they would let the law go through if members of Congress got it too, the Dems refused it. So apparently it's good for us but not for them.

Nobody really knows what Obamacare really is underneath all the complicated-ness. I'm not looking forward to it. It will hurt my family and many others.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"