Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

What. The. Fvck.

Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 2:00:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Aside from the cheesy music added in to make it seem comical, this is a real interview (presumably the interviewer works for the Daily Show). It just keeps getting better and better as Republicans keep getting further and further out over the edge. The GOP chair admitted- admitted- that voter ID laws were designed to hurt Democrats, and got promptly fired for it.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 2:27:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Oh,and plenty of racism sprinkled in throughout. I seriously didn't believe this was real first time I watched it.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 7:35:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/3/2013 2:00:30 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:


Aside from the cheesy music added in to make it seem comical, this is a real interview (presumably the interviewer works for the Daily Show). It just keeps getting better and better as Republicans keep getting further and further out over the edge. The GOP chair admitted- admitted- that voter ID laws were designed to hurt Democrats, and got promptly fired for it.

Wut.
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 10:56:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I didn't actually get to watch the video, it wouldn't let me for some reason.

I don't know much about the voter ID law, and I don't know what the GOP's real intent was behind it...but aren't you're supposed to have your ID to vote? I mean, isn't that already required? If it isn't, I might as well walk in and vote, and I'm 16. Or an illegal alien can vote, which would just be terrible. You're supposed to be a legal citizen at least 18 years of age, and an ID is just there to prove that. I think it's retarded that people got all anal over it and claimed that we're discriminating against poor people, minorities, etc.

ID not being required to vote is like driver's licences not being required to drive.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 11:08:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't really see what the big deal is over voter ID laws in the U.S.. In Canada, it's mandatory to present an ID at voting, and there is absolutely no backlash- it is an ingrained part of the democratic process.

Lesson in contrast.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
1Percenter
Posts: 782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2013 11:59:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Eric Holder opposed the Texas voter ID law because it was "harmful to Hispanics". Being a racist, you may think minorities are like anyone else and that getting a photo ID would be an extremely simple thing for them as it is for everyone, but progressives want you to know that minorities find things that are simple to white people to be extremely confusing and complicated. An Hispanic getting a photo ID? That's like teaching a dog to walk on its hind legs, apparently.
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 12:18:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 11:59:49 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
Eric Holder opposed the Texas voter ID law because it was "harmful to Hispanics". Being a racist, you may think minorities are like anyone else and that getting a photo ID would be an extremely simple thing for them as it is for everyone, but progressives want you to know that minorities find things that are simple to white people to be extremely confusing and complicated. An Hispanic getting a photo ID? That's like teaching a dog to walk on its hind legs, apparently.

Isn't this ad hominem tu toque?
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 2:01:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/4/2013 10:56:55 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
I didn't actually get to watch the video, it wouldn't let me for some reason.

I don't know much about the voter ID law, and I don't know what the GOP's real intent was behind it...but aren't you're supposed to have your ID to vote? I mean, isn't that already required? If it isn't, I might as well walk in and vote, and I'm 16. Or an illegal alien can vote, which would just be terrible. You're supposed to be a legal citizen at least 18 years of age, and an ID is just there to prove that. I think it's retarded that people got all anal over it and claimed that we're discriminating against poor people, minorities, etc.

In order to vote you must first register. That is where you must give your personal information from which the state will be able to verify that you are a real person. The state gives you specific instructions, normally down to which table you have to go to in order to place your vote. Once you claim you are who you say you are you have to sign the form where they check your signature.

There have been literally almost no cases ever discovered of people pretending to be someone else in order to vote, and that is not for the lack of trying. The reality of the matter is that no one can make a case that voter fraud is an existent problem, but it is undeniable that many people - particularly those who are demographically likely to vote democrat - do not have the ID the new laws require.

So to sum it up, the law fixes a problem that can not be confirmed to exist and in the process will result in restricting many people who just so happen to vote democrat from placing their votes. Gee, I wonder why every republican controlled state in the country is trying so hard to pass all these laws.

ID not being required to vote is like driver's licences not being required to drive.

Driving is not a constitutionally guaranteed right.
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 8:44:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/5/2013 2:01:53 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/4/2013 10:56:55 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
I didn't actually get to watch the video, it wouldn't let me for some reason.

I don't know much about the voter ID law, and I don't know what the GOP's real intent was behind it...but aren't you're supposed to have your ID to vote? I mean, isn't that already required? If it isn't, I might as well walk in and vote, and I'm 16. Or an illegal alien can vote, which would just be terrible. You're supposed to be a legal citizen at least 18 years of age, and an ID is just there to prove that. I think it's retarded that people got all anal over it and claimed that we're discriminating against poor people, minorities, etc.

In order to vote you must first register. That is where you must give your personal information from which the state will be able to verify that you are a real person. The state gives you specific instructions, normally down to which table you have to go to in order to place your vote. Once you claim you are who you say you are you have to sign the form where they check your signature.

There have been literally almost no cases ever discovered of people pretending to be someone else in order to vote, and that is not for the lack of trying. The reality of the matter is that no one can make a case that voter fraud is an existent problem, but it is undeniable that many people - particularly those who are demographically likely to vote democrat - do not have the ID the new laws require.

So to sum it up, the law fixes a problem that can not be confirmed to exist and in the process will result in restricting many people who just so happen to vote democrat from placing their votes. Gee, I wonder why every republican controlled state in the country is trying so hard to pass all these laws.

So anyone who doesn't have an ID needs to get one. It's simple. I like the law because it's just common sense, not because it restricts democrat voters.

ID not being required to vote is like driver's licences not being required to drive.

Driving is not a constitutionally guaranteed right.

...I know that. It's a privilege. You're missing the point.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 8:53:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/5/2013 8:44:57 AM, ironmaiden wrote:
At 11/5/2013 2:01:53 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 11/4/2013 10:56:55 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
I didn't actually get to watch the video, it wouldn't let me for some reason.

I don't know much about the voter ID law, and I don't know what the GOP's real intent was behind it...but aren't you're supposed to have your ID to vote? I mean, isn't that already required? If it isn't, I might as well walk in and vote, and I'm 16. Or an illegal alien can vote, which would just be terrible. You're supposed to be a legal citizen at least 18 years of age, and an ID is just there to prove that. I think it's retarded that people got all anal over it and claimed that we're discriminating against poor people, minorities, etc.

In order to vote you must first register. That is where you must give your personal information from which the state will be able to verify that you are a real person. The state gives you specific instructions, normally down to which table you have to go to in order to place your vote. Once you claim you are who you say you are you have to sign the form where they check your signature.

There have been literally almost no cases ever discovered of people pretending to be someone else in order to vote, and that is not for the lack of trying. The reality of the matter is that no one can make a case that voter fraud is an existent problem, but it is undeniable that many people - particularly those who are demographically likely to vote democrat - do not have the ID the new laws require.

So to sum it up, the law fixes a problem that can not be confirmed to exist and in the process will result in restricting many people who just so happen to vote democrat from placing their votes. Gee, I wonder why every republican controlled state in the country is trying so hard to pass all these laws.

So anyone who doesn't have an ID needs to get one. It's simple. I like the law because it's just common sense, not because it restricts democrat voters.

IDs generally cost money and, often, a great deal of time to obtain--time during the standard workday that the working poor often can't afford to spend. When you register to vote, you get a Voter Registration card--that should be sufficient and, if it's not, THAT is what should change, instead of requiring something extra.

ID not being required to vote is like driver's licences not being required to drive.

Driving is not a constitutionally guaranteed right.

...I know that. It's a privilege. You're missing the point.

So are you, methinks. If voting is a right (and it is, in terms of the US), then anything that limits that right has to be justified. Since voter fraud has not (except for a couple of times in US history) been a problem (and I think there was something like 1 case in the last 50 years), "solving" it through this limitation is generally painted as a restriction done for no practical reason--and one that's clearly intended to disenfranchise the poor. The motives of those fighting for the laws are pretty transparent and, in the case of restrictions on a right, should not be based on partisanship, but rather on utility.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 9:45:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm going to wait for someone pushing for voter ID laws to go on a big rant about the evils and inefficiency of the DMV. I will find their statements, and put them side-by-side. Then we can all facepalm together at the hypocrisy.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 10:31:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/3/2013 2:00:30 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Aside from the cheesy music added in to make it seem comical, this is a real interview (presumably the interviewer works for the Daily Show). It just keeps getting better and better as Republicans keep getting further and further out over the edge. The GOP chair admitted- admitted- that voter ID laws were designed to hurt Democrats, and got promptly fired for it.

The dishonesty of Democrats is apparent. Pitiful. First it was voter ID laws are racist, now it's voter ID laws are anti-Democrat.

The issue is, even if the election workers were racist, how would voter ID laws even be used to suppress minority votes? Voter ID laws make it difficult for lazy or stupid people from voting, it doesn't target a specific race unless Progressives believe minorities are too incompetent to get a voter ID compared to whites.

Also, that GOP chair said nothing racist, he didn't call blacks lazy, he said "people," "college students," and "some blacks."

There were some things he said that seemed off kilter and not PC, but you could tell that this man in his heart was not racist. He's not a KKK hateful person. Just a Southern man with an accent.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 12:39:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/5/2013 8:44:57 AM, ironmaiden wrote:
So anyone who doesn't have an ID needs to get one. It's simple. I like the law because it's just common sense, not because it restricts democrat voters.

Laws are conceived of on the basis of what makes sense. They are implemented on the basis of the practical effects that they are expected to have.

Arguing for a law on the basis that it makes sense while ignoring the fact that there are no practical benefits to it that you can rationally defend is extremely dishonest and republicans (and apparently yourself) don't seem to take any issue with that.
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 2:40:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/5/2013 10:31:37 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/3/2013 2:00:30 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Aside from the cheesy music added in to make it seem comical, this is a real interview (presumably the interviewer works for the Daily Show). It just keeps getting better and better as Republicans keep getting further and further out over the edge. The GOP chair admitted- admitted- that voter ID laws were designed to hurt Democrats, and got promptly fired for it.

The dishonesty of Democrats is apparent. Pitiful. First it was voter ID laws are racist, now it's voter ID laws are anti-Democrat.

The issue is, even if the election workers were racist, how would voter ID laws even be used to suppress minority votes? Voter ID laws make it difficult for lazy or stupid people from voting, it doesn't target a specific race unless Progressives believe minorities are too incompetent to get a voter ID compared to whites.

Yeah, but the GOP chair just. Said. So.

Also, that GOP chair said nothing racist, he didn't call blacks lazy, he said "people," "college students," and "some blacks."

There were some things he said that seemed off kilter and not PC, but you could tell that this man in his heart was not racist. He's not a KKK hateful person. Just a Southern man with an accent.

I didn't say anything like that, but his tone was rather unsettling.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 3:21:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/5/2013 2:40:54 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Yeah, but the GOP chair just. Said. So.

Republicans want to defeat Democrats?!?!?! *GASP!*

That is such a shocking claim and stunning revelation, oh my god!!!

Do you have any idea how much election fraud Democrats commit? The same, if not more, than Republicans.

I didn't say anything like that, but his tone was rather unsettling.

The title of your video claimed it.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 3:27:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/5/2013 3:21:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/5/2013 2:40:54 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Yeah, but the GOP chair just. Said. So.

Republicans want to defeat Democrats?!?!?! *GASP!*

That is such a shocking claim and stunning revelation, oh my god!!!

Do you have any idea how much election fraud Democrats commit? The same, if not more, than Republicans.

1. This is an appeal to hypocrisy.

2. This is not election fraud, it's perfectly legal. But rather unethical, hmm?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 3:30:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/5/2013 3:21:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/5/2013 2:40:54 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Yeah, but the GOP chair just. Said. So.

Republicans want to defeat Democrats?!?!?! *GASP!*

;) too bad the tea party is defeating them before we do!

That is such a shocking claim and stunning revelation, oh my god!!!

Do you have any idea how much election fraud Democrats commit? The same, if not more, than Republicans.

http://democraticgovernors.org...
http://www.alternet.org...

and unlike democrats, republicans not only commit it in their own borders, but have even violated CANADIAN election laws

http://www.vancouverobserver.com...

I didn't say anything like that, but his tone was rather unsettling.

The title of your video claimed it.

The title of the video is not representative of HIS views. He cannot control the said title now can he?
Thank you for voting!
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 3:32:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/5/2013 3:27:13 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 11/5/2013 3:21:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Republicans want to defeat Democrats?!?!?! *GASP!*

That is such a shocking claim and stunning revelation, oh my god!!!

Do you have any idea how much election fraud Democrats commit? The same, if not more, than Republicans.

1. This is an appeal to hypocrisy.

2. This is not election fraud, it's perfectly legal. But rather unethical, hmm?

False. Democrats are trying to paint unethical tactics to achieve Republican victory as something racist. I am not defending unethical tactics, I am shaming Democrats who try to overblow party tactics into something racist.

The fact is, the GOP would love to accept votes from Allen West, Ben Carson, Tim Scott, David Webb, Clarence Thomas, Herman Cain, and all the other black conservatives.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/5/2013 3:52:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/5/2013 3:30:03 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 11/5/2013 3:21:55 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Republicans want to defeat Democrats?!?!?! *GASP!*

;) too bad the tea party is defeating them before we do!

Obamacare launched a Tea Party takeover in 2010. Just imagine what an Obamacare trainwreck will do in 2014.

That is such a shocking claim and stunning revelation, oh my god!!!

Do you have any idea how much election fraud Democrats commit? The same, if not more, than Republicans.

http://democraticgovernors.org...
http://www.alternet.org...

and unlike democrats, republicans not only commit it in their own borders,

The sites you posted couldn't be more biased. One has Democrat in its name, the other is far left progressive.

Impartial watchdogs like blackbox voting have proven that Obama lost the 2012 election and some state website statistics have shown thousands of dead people voting for Obama. Not to mention Dems OFA telling illegals to vote twice.

but have even violated CANADIAN election laws
http://www.vancouverobserver.com...

Don't care about Canada politicians.

The title of your video claimed it.

The title of the video is not representative of HIS views. He cannot control the said title now can he?

Given his OP, one could infer that he agreed with the title since he was repeatedly expressing shock over the content of the video.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat