Total Posts:46|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Obamas Approval Ratings Falling *

inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 9:45:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
President Obamas approval ratings has hit an all time low. Of course this does not come as a surprise to me. But most US Presidents over the past 20 years or so, often see a ratings decline during their second term. Bill Clinton was fortunate to leave the office with the highest ratings of any President in history, even after the Lewinsky
scandal back in 1998. So let me ask you this. What do you think about Obama at this present time. On a scale from 1 to 10, how much do you rate this President.

http://swampland.time.com...
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 10:04:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Somewhere between a 7.5 to a 9.

Obama has a sensible foreign policy, and during his watch, there have been no repeats of the 2008 financial crisis, when there easily could have been.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 10:34:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 10:04:12 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
Somewhere between a 7.5 to a 9.

Obama has a sensible foreign policy,

He killed Gaddafi, highly idiotic. He supported the Muslim Brotherhood who was rejected by the Egyptian people. He quadrupled drone strike civilian deaths. The world doesn't respect us, Put in humiliated him, and for the first time ever Britain didn't have our back when Obama wanted to bomb Syria.

and during his watch, there have been no repeats of the 2008 financial crisis, when there easily could have been.

Yeah, that's great, just keep on pumping out that QE stimulus to artificially prop up the economy. What could possibly go wrong.

Obama is expanding the bubble so that when the bubble bursts it will be even worse. The economy has a hero in addiction to cheap money and it feels good because getting off of it would lead to withdrawals.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 11:15:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 10:04:12 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
Somewhere between a 7.5 to a 9.

Obama has a sensible foreign policy, and during his watch, there have been no repeats of the 2008 financial crisis, when there easily could have been.

And General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler are selling cars like hotcakes in a post recession world. This is unheard of.....Ive seen the stats. I give him an 8.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 11:15:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 10:34:59 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/6/2013 10:04:12 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
Somewhere between a 7.5 to a 9.

Obama has a sensible foreign policy,

He killed Gaddafi, highly idiotic.

How so?

He supported the Muslim Brotherhood who was rejected by the Egyptian people.

The Muslim Brotherhood was elected by the Egyptian people.

He quadrupled drone strike civilian deaths.

Deaths from drone strikes when compared to Iraq is like comparing the value of a penny to Warren Buffett.

The world doesn't respect us, Put in humiliated him, and for the first time ever Britain didn't have our back when Obama wanted to bomb Syria.

Much of this is due to Bush II. We don't need Britain's support to bomb Syria. As it is, the Prime Minister supported Obama's policies, but he was unable to get the requisite support from his fellow parliament members. Obama faced similar pressure in the US.

I'd much rather that Putin be openly antagonistic towards a US president than send a faux-get-well-card when he recovers from surgery. Putin loves Bush II for all of the wrong reasons...Bush II's war in Iraq enriched and validated Putin's government to a greater extent than any other action taken by anyone, to include Putin.

and during his watch, there have been no repeats of the 2008 financial crisis, when there easily could have been.

Yeah, that's great, just keep on pumping out that QE stimulus to artificially prop up the economy. What could possibly go wrong.

The deficit has been cut by over 60% since 2009. It is close to pre-crisis levels, which is an accomplishment.

Obama is expanding the bubble so that when the bubble bursts it will be even worse. The economy has a hero in addiction to cheap money and it feels good because getting off of it would lead to withdrawals.

I don't think it will be worse. It will be bad, no question, but worse? Doubtful.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 11:22:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Tough to say. His presidency saw the fall of Bin Laden unilaterally, the fall of Gidaffi (however it's spelled) in an international effort, the end of a war, and the legislation of a massive experiment on healthcare that has yet to come to a conclusion. He has succumb to the will of the people on foreign affairs (Syria), and has given aid to cities in need (Sandy).

He may not be FDR, but he is sure up there if you ask me. I'd say maybe 8.5, but I'll make it 9.25 if the ACA works out as well as I hope it does.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 11:43:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is it wrong that I find the whole concept of civic participation, polling, and public reaction to be utterly arbitrary and superficial? Seriously, a Republican just got reelected in my state BY DEMOCRATS because they were swooned by his personality.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
YYW
Posts: 36,282
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 11:59:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 11:43:01 AM, 000ike wrote:
Is it wrong that I find the whole concept of civic participation, polling, and public reaction to be utterly arbitrary and superficial? Seriously, a Republican just got reelected in my state BY DEMOCRATS because they were swooned by his personality.

Hey now, Christie is actually a good guy.
Tsar of DDO
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 1:58:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 11:43:01 AM, 000ike wrote:
Is it wrong that I find the whole concept of civic participation, polling, and public reaction to be utterly arbitrary and superficial? Seriously, a Republican just got reelected in my state BY DEMOCRATS because they were swooned by his personality.

It may be superficial. But never undermine or underestimate the power of public opinion.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 2:00:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 11:43:01 AM, 000ike wrote:
Is it wrong that I find the whole concept of civic participation, polling, and public reaction to be utterly arbitrary and superficial? Seriously, a Republican just got reelected in my state BY DEMOCRATS because they were swooned by his personality.

Chris Christie is what all Republicans should be. A moderately diversified ultra modern candidate who can work across party lines.
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 2:20:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 11:15:32 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

We don't need Britain

Oh well f*ck you then!
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 2:46:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 2:20:27 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 11/6/2013 11:15:32 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

We don't need Britain

Oh well f*ck you then!

lol, I'm not the best diplomat apparently. =)
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
pawde3inc
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 2:56:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
To start I would like to say I am a new user and this is my first of hopefully many post on this site.

I think it"s hard and unfair to give anyone who holds an office like the president of the US a flat 0-10 grade. There are some aspects that I would rate high and others low. So lets dissect...

Foreign Policy Grade " 1
I will not list all my reasons, just enough to justify my grade. Benghazi, Egypt, NSA scandals of foreign leaders, Edward Snowden, Fast and Furious scandal, Syria and Assad"

Fiscal Grade " 1
Even if you forgot the year Obama took office you can find it very quickly when reviewing the Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary "http://www.taxpolicycenter.org...;

No other president in US history has numbers like his, and not in a good way.

Giving the voters what they wanted " 9
I actually don't blame Obama for the direction our country is in. There was no secret about who Obama was when he got reelected for a second term. So even though I don"t agree with his policies, I think he has done a super job in implementing his agenda.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 3:03:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 2:20:27 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 11/6/2013 11:15:32 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

We don't need Britain

Oh well f*ck you then!

Youre back. So how do you rate the US President.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 3:03:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 2:20:27 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 11/6/2013 11:15:32 AM, wrichcirw wrote:

We don't need Britain

Oh well f*ck you then!

Youre back. So how do you rate the US President. And please be specific.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 3:18:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
5 lol
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
SCHUMAN8R
Posts: 42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 3:51:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 2:00:05 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/6/2013 11:43:01 AM, 000ike wrote:
Is it wrong that I find the whole concept of civic participation, polling, and public reaction to be utterly arbitrary and superficial? Seriously, a Republican just got reelected in my state BY DEMOCRATS because they were swooned by his personality.

Chris Christie is what all Republicans should be. A moderately diversified ultra modern candidate who can work across party lines.

I think he works with the democrats a little too much. I predict he will run for president under a democratic ticket since he is getting on very good terms with certain democrats. Personally I would not vote for him. Unless he was against Romney who does not count for either party lol
Can't touch this!
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 5:52:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 11:59:36 AM, YYW wrote:
At 11/6/2013 11:43:01 AM, 000ike wrote:
Is it wrong that I find the whole concept of civic participation, polling, and public reaction to be utterly arbitrary and superficial? Seriously, a Republican just got reelected in my state BY DEMOCRATS because they were swooned by his personality.

Hey now, Christie is actually a good guy.

He's a politician and a skilled rhetor, nothing more. I'm just still in shock at the way new jersey democrats ditched Buono
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 6:49:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 11:15:32 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
The deficit has been cut by over 60% since 2009. It is close to pre-crisis levels, which is an accomplishment.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Deficit cuts are arbitrary. Obama can create an initial budget with X amount of dollars and then create a new budget with a smaller deficit and say "hey guys, look I cut the deficit!"

What matters is real spending cuts and lowering the debt.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 6:56:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 2:00:05 PM, inferno wrote:
At 11/6/2013 11:43:01 AM, 000ike wrote:
Is it wrong that I find the whole concept of civic participation, polling, and public reaction to be utterly arbitrary and superficial? Seriously, a Republican just got reelected in my state BY DEMOCRATS because they were swooned by his personality.

Chris Christie is what all Republicans should be. A moderately diversified ultra modern candidate who can work across party lines.

lol Christie's selling points are his willingness to appease Democrats (because he's a RINO) and how much he "cares" about Hurricane Sandy victims. He's been running commercial after commercial trying to convince people he was a great guy during Hurricane Sandy. If he really cared about the victims of Hurricane Sandy, don't you think he'd stop spending millions of dollars on commercials for an election he's already won, and instead give those millions to the actual victims to help them out?? It's ridiculous.

He's a career politician establishment Republican and he is the opposite of what the party needs.
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 7:01:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
To address the OP, I give Obama a 2.

He talks and talks about how important compromise, yet refuses to negotiate on anything with Republicans unless it expands the government. A vast majority of his policies have turned out to be a disaster: his stimulus failed to curb unemployment, Obamacare is forcing people to pay more for plans they don't need and reducing the quality of care, and has embarassed the United States on a national level by backtracking on his "red line" and his attempts to cover up the Benghazi scandal.
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 8:53:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 6:49:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/6/2013 11:15:32 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
The deficit has been cut by over 60% since 2009. It is close to pre-crisis levels, which is an accomplishment.

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Deficit cuts are arbitrary. Obama can create an initial budget with X amount of dollars and then create a new budget with a smaller deficit and say "hey guys, look I cut the deficit!"

I don't care if they're arbitrary, I care if they are cut.

What matters is real spending cuts and lowering the debt.

That's exactly what happens when you reduce the deficit.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 9:07:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 11:15:32 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 11/6/2013 10:34:59 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
He supported the Muslim Brotherhood who was rejected by the Egyptian people.

The Muslim Brotherhood was elected by the Egyptian people.

Obama did support them, though. He gave tanks and fighter jets to the president of Egypt, who is known to be correlated with the Muslim Brotherhood.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 9:13:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 9:07:36 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
At 11/6/2013 11:15:32 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 11/6/2013 10:34:59 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
He supported the Muslim Brotherhood who was rejected by the Egyptian people.

The Muslim Brotherhood was elected by the Egyptian people.

Obama did support them, though. He gave tanks and fighter jets to the president of Egypt, who is known to be correlated with the Muslim Brotherhood.

I didn't contest that portion of Geo's statement.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
TheHitchslap
Posts: 1,231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 10:32:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 7:01:14 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
To address the OP, I give Obama a 2.

Okay .. cool ..

He talks and talks about how important compromise,
true
yet refuses to negotiate on anything with Republicans unless it expands the government.
false. Negotiated healthcare twice. Republicans trying to nickle and dime him, and him not wanting to do that is normal. Furthermore, youre ignoring the fact that the senate said no. Obama didnt have to veto.

A vast majority of his policies have turned out to be a disaster: his stimulus failed to curb unemployment,
Actually it did curb unemployment. It reversed the trends of more unemployment to less.
Obamacare is forcing people to pay more for plans they don't need
false. 40k deaths a year combined with huge amounts of defaults says otherwise...

and reducing the quality of care, and has embarassed the United States on a national level by backtracking on his "red line" and his attempts to cover up the Benghazi scandal.

What cover-ups? You guys got nothing. (see jon stewart video)
Thank you for voting!
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 11:32:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 10:32:01 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 11/6/2013 7:01:14 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
yet refuses to negotiate on anything with Republicans unless it expands the government.

false. Negotiated healthcare twice. Republicans trying to nickle and dime him, and him not wanting to do that is normal. Furthermore, youre ignoring the fact that the senate said no. Obama didnt have to veto.

The Democrats were the ones not budging. The Republicans were the ones trying to compromise. They offered to let Obamacare go through if members of Congress weren't exempt, and the Dems shot it down. What does that say?

and reducing the quality of care, and has embarassed the United States on a national level by backtracking on his "red line" and his attempts to cover up the Benghazi scandal.

What cover-ups? You guys got nothing. (see jon stewart video)

What cover-ups?? Wait, so Obama admitted to refusing extra security for the ambassadors? And he admitted that it was a terrorist attack? I was unaware of this...
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
drhead
Posts: 1,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 11:53:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 11:32:49 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
At 11/6/2013 10:32:01 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 11/6/2013 7:01:14 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
and reducing the quality of care, and has embarassed the United States on a national level by backtracking on his "red line" and his attempts to cover up the Benghazi scandal.

What cover-ups? You guys got nothing. (see jon stewart video)

What cover-ups?? Wait, so Obama admitted to refusing extra security for the ambassadors?

Show evidence that he did. Oh wait, you don't have any. There is no cover-up unless he actually did refuse extra security, and unless you've eliminated all other reasonably possible cases, there is no reason to believe that he did.

And he admitted that it was a terrorist attack? I was unaware of this...

He called it an "act of terror", which is a pretty reasonable label given what we knew at the time. Unless you would like to point out the distinction between "act of terror" and "act of terrorism", there is little for you to dispute here.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
1Percenter
Posts: 781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2013 1:57:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 10:32:01 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 11/6/2013 7:01:14 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
To address the OP, I give Obama a 2.

Okay .. cool ..

He talks and talks about how important compromise,
true
yet refuses to negotiate on anything with Republicans unless it expands the government.
false. Negotiated healthcare twice. Republicans trying to nickle and dime him, and him not wanting to do that is normal. Furthermore, youre ignoring the fact that the senate said no. Obama didnt have to veto.

The Republican compromises have been more than reasonable. Obama is in a leadership position and has the pulpit. The fact that the Senate refused to acknowledge any Republican proposal is a testimony to Obama's stubbornness.
A vast majority of his policies have turned out to be a disaster: his stimulus failed to curb unemployment,
Actually it did curb unemployment. It reversed the trends of more unemployment to less.
What was promised was unemployment peaking no higher than 8% and down to 5% by now. What we got was over 10% unemployment and what we have now is stagnant unemployment at 7%. The stimulus failed to do its job.
Obamacare is forcing people to pay more for plans they don't need
false. 40k deaths a year combined with huge amounts of defaults says otherwise...

That doesn't have anything to do with 3.5 million people being dropped from their current health care plans.
and reducing the quality of care, and has embarassed the United States on a national level by backtracking on his "red line" and his attempts to cover up the Benghazi scandal.

What cover-ups? You guys got nothing. (see jon stewart video)


Let's see what else Jon Stewart has to say while we're at it.
http://www.breitbart.com...
pawde3inc
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2013 9:03:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 11/6/2013 10:32:01 PM, TheHitchslap wrote:
At 11/6/2013 7:01:14 PM, 1Percenter wrote:
To address the OP, I give Obama a 2.

Okay .. cool ..

He talks and talks about how important compromise,
true
yet refuses to negotiate on anything with Republicans unless it expands the government.
false. Negotiated healthcare twice. Republicans trying to nickle and dime him, and him not wanting to do that is normal. Furthermore, youre ignoring the fact that the senate said no. Obama didnt have to veto.

A vast majority of his policies have turned out to be a disaster: his stimulus failed to curb unemployment,
Actually it did curb unemployment. It reversed the trends of more unemployment to less.
Obamacare is forcing people to pay more for plans they don't need
false. 40k deaths a year combined with huge amounts of defaults says otherwise...

and reducing the quality of care, and has embarassed the United States on a national level by backtracking on his "red line" and his attempts to cover up the Benghazi scandal.

What cover-ups? You guys got nothing. (see jon stewart video)



I would first like to commend you on such a creditable citation such as commentator/comedian Jon Stewart. Let me see what Rush Limbaugh comments I can round up.

To address your point, I think most people would agree that Benghazi was a failure even if there was no cover up. The fact is the administration went overboard to tell everyone the attack was retaliation for a YouTube Video and not a terrorist attack, which we now know it was a terrorist attack. And if the Obama administration did not know like they claimed they didn't, then they still failed for being too stupid to see it for what it really was and handling it accordingly.

But Benghazi is just one example; shall we mention Fast and Furious? Or do you think that was handled correctly by Obama too?