Jump to topic:

same sex marriage

ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 1:59:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm anti-gaiety. I think it is immoral and disgusting. Gays tend to rub their beliefs in my face and therefore I tend to vote no on any propositions on legalizing it.

This is a free country. I don't want to take away people's freedom. And I know that some people are born gay. If I was a politician, I don't think I would make a huge effort to keep it illegal. I even think I would let gaiety be legal as long as other politicians reversed gun control. It would be a compromise I'm content with.

But I still think it's ethically supposed to be a guy and a girl. That's how both humanity and society is based. Besides, if everyone was gay/lesbian, humanity would cease to exist. It's disappointing to see that gay-marriage has increased while there are a lot more single-parent households. The sad thing is, society is more focused on gay-marriage than real families.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 2:39:04 PM
At 11/11/2013 1:59:03 PM, ironmaiden wrote:
I'm anti-gaiety. I think it is immoral and disgusting.

Why so?

Gays tend to rub their beliefs in my face and therefore I tend to vote no on any propositions on legalizing it.

Well at least yer not a generalizing prick.

This is a free country. I don't want to take away people's freedom. And I know that some people are born gay. If I was a politician, I don't think I would make a huge effort to keep it illegal. I even think I would let gaiety be legal as long as other politicians reversed gun control. It would be a compromise I'm content with.

That's disgusting.

But I still think it's ethically supposed to be a guy and a girl. That's how both humanity and society is based.

Explain whatever this is supposed to mean.

Besides, if everyone was gay/lesbian, humanity would cease to exist.

Except for that (a) it wouldn't, (b) no one is saying everyone has to be gay, and (c) it has no bearing on treatment of people who *are* gay.

It's disappointing to see that gay-marriage has increased while there are a lot more single-parent households. The sad thing is, society is more focused on gay-marriage than real families.

It's obviously an either/or situation.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 4:30:33 PM
At 11/11/2013 2:39:04 PM, Noumena wrote:

Why so?

A dude butt-fvcking another dude? How is that not immoral and disgusting?

Gays tend to rub their beliefs in my face and therefore I tend to vote no on any propositions on legalizing it.

Every gay I have ever known/run into gets in my face about it.

That's disgusting.

Why so? I'm letting gays have their freedom...if I have mine.

Besides, gaiety is what's disgusting.

But I still think it's ethically supposed to be a guy and a girl. That's how both humanity and society is based.

Haven't you ever heard of Adam and Eve? There's a reason why it's not Adam and Steve.

Except for that (a) it wouldn't, (b) no one is saying everyone has to be gay, and (c) it has no bearing on treatment of people who *are* gay.

It's disappointing to see that gay-marriage has increased while there are a lot more single-parent households. The sad thing is, society is more focused on gay-marriage than real families.

What do you mean?
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 4:44:22 PM
At 11/11/2013 4:30:33 PM, ironmaiden wrote:

Why so?

I suppose others will have....different reactions to such a thing.

What do they put in yer face if you don't mind me asking?

That's disgusting.

Why so? I'm letting gays have their freedom...if I have mine.

Besides, gaiety is what's disgusting.

Haven't you ever heard of Adam and Eve? There's a reason why it's not Adam and Steve.

Oh. I was wondering why Steve wasn't there.

No response.

What do you mean?

I don't like talking down to people. Learn2 reading comprehension or gtfo.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 5:15:52 PM
At 11/11/2013 4:44:22 PM, Noumena wrote:

Why so?

What's your reaction, if you don't mind me asking?

Well one is overly loud and obnoxious. He tried to kiss my friend once. One dresses like a girl in his (wait, would it be his or her?) spare time--I mean wig, dress, the whole 9 yards. And I'm tired of seeing him every day at school wearing short shorts. One is actually quiet, he's cool. And everyone else just talks too much about it. I'm tired of it, it's just weird. I guess I would be a bit less against it if they didn't shove it in my face.

No response.

...wait, what?

What do you mean?

Answer the question. What do you mean by it's an either or situation?

What's hard to comprehend is that people would rather see more gays than more unbroken families. They fight for gay rights when they should be trying to do something about divorce and the like. I'm impressed when I see a married couple that actually loves each other, and that's sad. I mean, how many kids are there with one parent, or split parents, etc? A lot.

It's just kinda backwards...Really backwards, I should say.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 5:23:41 PM
At 11/11/2013 5:15:52 PM, ironmaiden wrote:

Why so?

That might be a bit inappropriate considering the public nature of our conversation.

Well one is overly loud and obnoxious. He tried to kiss my friend once. One dresses like a girl in his (wait, would it be his or her?) spare time--I mean wig, dress, the whole 9 yards. And I'm tired of seeing him every day at school wearing short shorts. One is actually quiet, he's cool. And everyone else just talks too much about it. I'm tired of it, it's just weird. I guess I would be a bit less against it if they didn't shove it in my face.

Do they ever shove their lifestyle down yer throat if you don't mind me asking?

No response.

...wait, what?

I refuted what you said and you didn't respond.

What do you mean?

Honey you tire me. I'm saying it's not as if allowing homosexual couples to marry necessarily precludes focus on "families" or whatever you mean by that. Yer making up a conflict that doesn't actually exist and it makes you sound unintelligent.

What's hard to comprehend is that people would rather see more gays than more unbroken families. They fight for gay rights when they should be trying to do something about divorce and the like. I'm impressed when I see a married couple that actually loves each other, and that's sad. I mean, how many kids are there with one parent, or split parents, etc? A lot.

^ the imaginary either/or I was talking about ;)
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 5:26:01 PM
Is this ironmaiden guy being serious right now?
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 5:33:58 PM
At 11/11/2013 5:26:01 PM, Korashk wrote:

I dunno, but we are getting hot with the colorful metaphors over here. Lots of things going down throats and getting rubbed in faces... (purring)
Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 5:37:54 PM
At 11/11/2013 1:35:37 PM, marissadebate wrote:
Should same sex marriage be legal? and why? I would like some ethical points.

Same gender marriage is totally ethical and fair. I guess if I had to come up with a good twist reason to support it, I would say that it's non-discriminatory:

Two women want to spend their lives together, and get married. But they can't. Why not? because one of them is a woman - if she were a man, no problem, but she is a woman, so no deal. How is this different from saying that she can't go to school or drive a car because she is a woman?

It's actually no different. It is gender discrimination, and has nothing to do with how they embrace each other at home.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 5:56:45 PM

Disgusting? I would agree, although that is completely irrelevant. We don't outlaw things because they are disgusting.

Immoral? That depends. Something is immoral only if it violates your system of morality. So what rule of morality does "A dude butt-fvcking another dude" violate?
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 6:27:45 PM
At 11/11/2013 5:26:01 PM, Korashk wrote:

This. That was actually the worst post I've ever seen in my life.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 6:33:13 PM
At 11/11/2013 5:23:41 PM, Noumena wrote:
At 11/11/2013 5:15:52 PM, ironmaiden wrote:

Why so?

That might be a bit inappropriate considering the public nature of our conversation.

Exactly.

Is that not what I'm saying? One guy tried to kiss my friend--right next to me...that's not in any way in my face? I almost slapped the mfer. My friend didn't appreciate it either.

I don't want to be anywhere near that crap. Apparently you do.

No response.

...wait, what?

I refuted what you said and you didn't respond.

I couldn't exactly respond to everything you said, as I was a little busy.

What do you mean?

Honey you tire me.

Honey?

I'm saying it's not as if allowing homosexual couples to marry necessarily precludes focus on "families" or whatever you mean by that. Yer making up a conflict that doesn't actually exist and it makes you sound unintelligent.

Look at society. You're defending gaiety, but you don't even know the more important problem at stake. Kinda makes you sound ignorant.

^ the imaginary either/or I was talking about ;)

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure what you had meant by that.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 6:53:19 PM

Well he can't combat both gun control and single-parent households.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 7:15:39 PM
At 11/11/2013 6:56:01 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
That was actually the worst post anyone has ever made on here.

1. Tell me where I'm wrong.

2. Why do you always post at least 2 comments back to back? It's like you can't post one thing and shut your mouth to save your life. Or, you forget something you want to say so you write another post. Sure, everybody might post twice in a row sometimes, but most of the time in response to two different people, whereas you respond to yourself over and over again, all the friggin time.

3. While anybody can call what I said "stupid," I have seen worse. Trust me.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 7:30:50 PM
At 11/11/2013 7:15:39 PM, ironmaiden wrote:

It was utterly retarded/self-absorbed.

2. Why do you always post at least 2 comments back to back? It's like you can't post one thing and shut your mouth to save your life. Or, you forget something you want to say so you write another post. Sure, everybody might post twice in a row sometimes, but most of the time in response to two different people, whereas you respond to yourself over and over again, all the friggin time.

I say what's on my mind, not what's not on my mind.

No, it was probably the worst post anyone has ever made on here: a jumbling of Christianity and the American Constitution with no real argument presented whatsoever. Something's going against your aesthetic preferences doesn't render it immoral. For example, I found your post awful, but it isn't immoral.

Oh, but think of the kids being raised in single-parent households?! What, a homosexual should marry one of those single mothers? What about you? Oh, you're too busy combating gun control for the kids.

Your post was quite simply absolutely retarded and you should just keep your mouth shut and vote.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 7:38:56 PM
Hey, Ironmaiden, what part of the definition of the concept of homosexuals involves being a twat?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 7:39:32 PM
I feel influenced by Christianity/my own god-complex. No homosexuality!

What to do about those feelings? Nothing. Can't. American Constitution/god-complex.

I'll speak out against it, though. Wait, I'm retarded. Uhh, think of the kids!!

^A play by play of ironmaiden's post.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 7:51:05 PM
At 11/11/2013 7:30:50 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Self-absorbed??

That's fine, I just find it weird how you'll frequently post three or four or five...sometimes even six things that really don't get any point across.

No, it was probably the worst post anyone has ever made on here: a jumbling of Christianity and the American Constitution with no real argument presented whatsoever. Something's going against your aesthetic preferences doesn't render it immoral. For example, I found your post awful, but it isn't immoral.

I'm not Christian. Do I refer to some biblical stuff? Yeah, sure, every once in a while. But I'm neither religious or atheist. And two dudes having sex? I think it simply defies basic human principles. But go on, I'm pretty sure you have no problem with it.

Oh, but think of the kids being raised in single-parent households?! What, a homosexual should marry one of those single mothers?

1. You're not getting my point. Either try to understand it, or shut your trap.

2. I guess I would rather have one parent than gay parents. I wouldn't want to catch their disease.

3. I would feel bad for any single mother who has to marry a gay/lesbian. That would just be downright terrible.

What about you? Oh, you're too busy combating gun control for the kids.

...huh? Ok, ok, I'll put it to you a little simpler, so maybe you can actually understand it. If I was in front of you, I would talk really slowly.

If I become a politician, and if libs let people own guns, I will let people be gay. I will let them have freedoms if they let me have mine. It's called "compromise."

Your post was quite simply absolutely retarded and you should just keep your mouth shut and vote.

Coming from the one who can't help from posting half a dozen pointless things.
Enji
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 7:57:34 PM
At 11/11/2013 7:51:05 PM, ironmaiden wrote:

2. I guess I would rather have one parent than gay parents. I wouldn't want to catch their disease.

Dis be joke, ja?
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 7:58:19 PM
At 11/11/2013 7:39:32 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I feel influenced by Christianity/my own god-complex. No homosexuality!

Wow, here you go posting over and over and over again. Wait for my response, next time. I just told you I'm not Christian.

What to do about those feelings? Nothing. Can't. American Constitution/god-complex.

Wait, what??

I'll speak out against it, though. Wait, I'm retarded. Uhh, think of the kids!!

You still don't get my point. Stop twisting my words.

^A play by play of ironmaiden's post.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 8:01:23 PM
At 11/11/2013 7:57:34 PM, Enji wrote:

Dis be joke, ja?

No, it's not a joke. If I had gay parents and all I saw was gaiety, I'd probably be kissing guys right now. Now stop speaking Ebonics and pull your head out of your a$$.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 8:01:24 PM

Self-absorbed??

Utterly.

That's fine, I just find it weird how you'll frequently post three or four or five...sometimes even six things that really don't get any point across.

You're retarded.

I'm not Christian. Do I refer to some biblical stuff? Yeah, sure, every once in a while. But I'm neither religious or atheist. And two dudes having sex? I think it simply defies basic human principles. But go on, I'm pretty sure you have no problem with it.

Did I say you were Christian? And there is no such thing as "basic human principles".

Oh, but think of the kids being raised in single-parent households?! What, a homosexual should marry one of those single mothers?

There isn't a point.

Retarded. Why is it a disease? "Hurr, basic human principles". There's nothing inherently right about having sex with a woman, there's nothing inherently right about having children or continuing the human race. Moral arguments refer to harm caused or the whims of fairy tale gods in the sky.

3. I would feel bad for any single mother who has to marry a gay/lesbian. That would just be downright terrible.

You're retarded.

...huh? Ok, ok, I'll put it to you a little simpler, so maybe you can actually understand it. If I was in front of you, I would talk really slowly.

If I become a politician, and if libs let people own guns, I will let people be gay. I will let them have freedoms if they let me have mine. It's called "compromise."

Yes I got that, the whole letting them part and all. It was an absolute joke.

You're retarded.

Bye! The American Dream, huh?
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 8:13:15 PM
At 11/11/2013 8:01:24 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Self-absorbed??

Utterly.

You're retarded.

Did I say you were Christian? And there is no such thing as "basic human principles".

In your tiny little head, there's no such thing. You've probably never heard anyone use that phrase.

There isn't a point.

No, there is, you just don't see it. I said society supports gay rights, when there is a fvck load of couples getting divorced.

Retarded. Why is it a disease? "Hurr, basic human principles". There's nothing inherently right about having sex with a woman, there's nothing inherently right about having children or continuing the human race. Moral arguments refer to harm caused or the whims of fairy tale gods in the sky.

Well, you can definitely get a disease. It's called AIDS, and having sex with the same gender is one way of getting it. And I never said anyone has to have sex with a woman or have children. It's just a little better and definitely more normal than doing your own gender.

You're retarded.

How many times have you said that?

Besides, you twisted my words and said that I had said gays should marry single parents.

Yes I got that, the whole letting them part and all. It was an absolute joke.

Fine, I wouldn't push any anti-gay agendas. I wouldn't try to ban gaiety wherever it was legal. I wouldn't make an effort against it...Are you happy?

You're retarded.

Bye! The American Dream, huh?

Wow, "you're retarded" yet again. Those two words probably make up half of your vocabulary.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 8:14:47 PM
And this is the point where we should stop responding to the troll.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 8:18:41 PM
I'm anti-gaiety. I think it is immoral and disgusting. Gays tend to rub their beliefs in my face and therefore I tend to vote no on any propositions on legalizing it.

Just... wow. Do you mean 'balls', rather than 'beliefs;, by any chance? Because you don't actually have to do that if you don't want to. Do you not think that sometimes others may feel that you are rubbing your balls - sorry; opinions - in their faces?
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 8:20:44 PM
At 11/11/2013 5:23:41 PM, Noumena wrote:

Fantastic! :D :D