Total Posts:3|Showing Posts:1-3
Jump to topic:

President blaming has changed over the years.

themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 5:01:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
After doing some research on the Fast and Furious scandal that I have only recently become aware of (many people used it as a case against Obama in the thread about his dropping approval ratings), I find that it can be generalized as a plan by a government organization (ATF) to further an aspect of the human race (safety) that ended up being quite known to the public after a very negative event happened (the Mexican shootings). I noticed that when you generalize the situation like this, it sounds a lot like Apollo 1, whereby a government organization (NASA) tried to further an aspect of the human race (spaceflight/technology) that ended up being quite known to the public after a very negative event happened (the capsule caught fire, killing the three crew members).

The interesting thing to note here, is that there is a very different political outcome. The latter shows very little political problems, as while some high ranking officials of the government jumped to call out NASA for the issues, the president was politically unscathed from what I can find. On the other hand, the scandal behind operation Fast and Furious has been deemed by many to be blood on Obama's hands.

So I ask these two things, if the ACA (just as the space program for Kennedy) becomes the hallmark achievement for Obama's legacy, will the Fast and Furious scandal forever remain blood on his hands in the history books. Secondly, will the American people find more and more things that are less and less tied to the president to blame him for in the future?
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/11/2013 6:35:22 PM
People will believe whatever they want. They hate Obama, so according to them he is evil and Fast and Furious is just a plot that he cooked up by his administration to take away all of our guns. And apparently Obama was so skilled in his manipulative ways that he managed to get George Bush to start the practice for him in 2006 so he would look innocent.
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 2:39:04 PM
At 11/11/2013 6:35:22 PM, Double_R wrote:
People will believe whatever they want. They hate Obama, so according to them he is evil and Fast and Furious is just a plot that he cooked up by his administration to take away all of our guns. And apparently Obama was so skilled in his manipulative ways that he managed to get George Bush to start the practice for him in 2006 so he would look innocent.

So say many people. You'd think it would almost be a complement that they consider Obama to be THAT manipulative.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown