"Too Many People Have Health Insurance"

drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 11:54:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.washingtonpost.com...

I think this is a bit beyond what Fox News usually does. Can I get someone who actually is willing to defend this to explain what these people actually mean by:

"Before they started this, we were all in trouble with insurance to begin with. There"s too much health insurance. It covers too much. Too many people have it."

If anyone has the time, it'd also be nice if someone could justify the juxtaposition of homosexuality, pedophilia, and bestiality, as well as the affirmation of Chaz Bono's magical ability to turn children transgender. The made-up Lenin quote would be worth addressing too, as it is quite a smear on the little credibility Fox has left.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 1:23:22 AM
The Fox medical experts are spot on.

We have too much big tent coverage health insurance and not enough HSA's supplemented with catastrophic health insurance. That's what Whole Foods does.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 10:38:50 AM
Makes sense. Insurance itself isn't healthcare and does in itself drive up costs. If people paid out of pocket for most of their healthcare there would be far less demand,more shopping around, competition between providers and costs would fall. Lots of people don't need more than catastrophic coverage and those who do need more should pay according to their risk.
Health insurance in and of itself is a means not an end, people have seemed to forget that.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 12:12:56 PM
At 11/13/2013 11:54:34 PM, drhead wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com...

I think this is a bit beyond what Fox News usually does. Can I get someone who actually is willing to defend this to explain what these people actually mean by:

"Before they started this, we were all in trouble with insurance to begin with. There"s too much health insurance. It covers too much. Too many people have it."

This is my understanding:
1. The copays and prescription coverage make the cost of insurance more expensive than it otherwise would be to have true insurance. Insurance =/= prepaid healthcare.
2. Insurance costs more to the doctor, so services are increased to cover the cost of people calling plans to see what and how much is covered.
3. To my knowledge, you cannot charge different rates to different people (i.e. cash vs. insurance), so people without insurance pay more than they ought to. I have heard stories of general practice doctors refusing insurance and only charging about $90 per visit... cash only. (maybe check or CC)

If anyone has the time, it'd also be nice if someone could justify the juxtaposition of homosexuality, pedophilia, and bestiality,
The slippery slope argument is silly, since it requires new treatment to children and animals (allowing them to enter contracts).
However, if they are referring to society's acceptance, they could be referring to the fact that only about 60 years ago, being gay was viewed as a medical condition. So, the outrage could be from a concern of society tolerating more and more "pervasive" acts.

as well as the affirmation of Chaz Bono's magical ability to turn children transgender. The made-up Lenin quote would be worth addressing too, as it is quite a smear on the little credibility Fox has left.

Don't know who Bono is, nor what quote you're talking about.
My work here is, finally, done.