Jump to topic:

The Trayvon Amendment

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 7:40:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
My roommate just showed me a steaming heap of idiocy: I'm really really hoping that whoever wrote this is trolling, but here's their proposed 28th amendment to the constitution, extremely dumb/discriminatory/impractical will be highlighted by me http://www.trayvonsamendment.com...

"The 28th Amendment, as drafted, will implement a series of common sense gun laws and implement new revenue streams for Americans.

The 12 provisions below will work to make America a more safe place by eliminating the obviously failed experiment that is the second amendment.

1.The second amendment of the Constitution of the United States, being no longer necessary to a secure state is hereby nullified.

2. The production and sale of new firearms, being defined as a rifle, pistol, or other gun, will be disallowed until a time in which the number of firearms in circulation is equal to 50% of the population as determined by the Census.

3. No gun may reside in the same building as anyone who has failed a mental health evaluation, as performed by a medical professional, as approved by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare).

4. A mental health examination, as performed by a medical professional approved by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) must be passed in order to receive a firearms license.

5. An income tax equal to 4% of an individual"s income will be assessed by all gun owners. In states which were at any point in time a part of the Confederate States of America, this tax shall be equal to 10% of an individual"s income. Taxes levied under this amendment shall be appropriated in equal portions to programs to expand Affirmative Action programs and begin to pay reparations to the descendants of African slaves.

6. Any person making the choice to own a firearm must carry $250,000 worth of liability insurance for each weapon owned. This insurance must be provided by a publicly owned insurance company to be established.

7. All firearms must be retrofitted with both a global positioning transmitter as well as a fingerprint activated locking mechanism. Failure to comply with this provision will result in a fine, prison time, and forfeiture of the privilege of firearm ownership.

8. The National Rifle Association, Michigan Militia, and other "gun rights" groups shall be considered terrorist operations.

9. United States Marshals will be randomly placed at various "sporting venues," where a firearm could be otherwise legally discharged. This could include publicly or privately owned venues where the following (but not limited to) take place: hunting areas, shooting ranges.

10. In a calendar year, no person may buy more than 100 rounds of ammunition.

11. Assault rifles, semi-automatic, and automatic weapons, as well as those not fitted with GPS and trigger locking devices will be immediately seized by the government. The owner will be compensated fair market value of the weapon, minus the cost of the seizure operation.

12. President Obama will establish a Secretary of Firearm management. This office will have final say over future gun regulation to prevent against rampant innovation that was not forseen by the second amendment."
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 8:12:47 PM
At 11/19/2013 7:40:15 PM, thett3 wrote:
My roommate just showed me a steaming heap of idiocy: I'm really really hoping that whoever wrote this is trolling, but here's their proposed 28th amendment to the constitution, extremely dumb/discriminatory/impractical will be highlighted by me http://www.trayvonsamendment.com...

If they bothered to make a website... it just might not be trolling.

Let's logically tear it to shreds for the Hell of it!

"The 28th Amendment, as drafted, will implement a series of common sense gun laws and implement new revenue streams for Americans.

The 12 provisions below will work to make America a more safe place by eliminating the obviously failed experiment that is the second amendment.

1.The second amendment of the Constitution of the United States, being no longer necessary to a secure state is hereby nullified.

No reasoning stated. Also, if "no longer necessary" is a justifiable reason to get rid of an amendment, than the division between church and state might as well be thrown out, since THAT's never happening.

2. The production and sale of new firearms, being defined as a rifle, pistol, or other gun, will be disallowed until a time in which the number of firearms in circulation is equal to 50% of the population as determined by the Census.

Doesn't actually define the terms, nor do they explain reasoning. Also, if it's just the production and sale, then that means that everyone who owns a gun gets to keep it, which means that firearms production will cease permanently.

3. No gun may reside in the same building as anyone who has failed a mental health evaluation, as performed by a medical professional, as approved by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare).

Okay, I can agree to this. This actually isn't a bad idea for the most part. Where it fails is that it is requires a specific law, so if that law gets overturned/replaced in the future, than this point becomes moot.

4. A mental health examination, as performed by a medical professional approved by the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) must be passed in order to receive a firearms license.

Same answer for this as I said for number 3.

5. An income tax equal to 4% of an individual"s income will be assessed by all gun owners. In states which were at any point in time a part of the Confederate States of America, this tax shall be equal to 10% of an individual"s income. Taxes levied under this amendment shall be appropriated in equal portions to programs to expand Affirmative Action programs and begin to pay reparations to the descendants of African slaves.

Why 4% to gun owners? They have to pay a $200 tax stamp for guns already. Adding anything more is too much. 10% for confederates is just downright discriminating, and since the south is deeply religious, that's 10% for tithing, and 10% more for this point. That's a lot of tax. Affirmative Action is just as racist as slavery, and in policy making, fire doesn't win against fire.

6. Any person making the choice to own a firearm must carry $250,000 worth of liability insurance for each weapon owned. This insurance must be provided by a publicly owned insurance company to be established.

This... is just so stupid... on so many levels. We would have no police force for f*cks sake, since they would all need at least $250k for just the pistol, let alone another $250k for a shotgun/ar-15/sniper rifle.

7. All firearms must be retrofitted with both a global positioning transmitter as well as a fingerprint activated locking mechanism. Failure to comply with this provision will result in a fine, prison time, and forfeiture of the privilege of firearm ownership.

Well, so much for self-defense shooting, competition shooting, and just about every practical use for a gun besides hunting, as that fingerprint scanner would slow everything down.

8. The National Rifle Association, Michigan Militia, and other "gun rights" groups shall be considered terrorist operations.

Oh boy! Let's extend the Patriot Act even more! Let's just call all the Muslims in the country terrorists and send that off to Guantanamo Bay!

They don't fall under the definition of 'terrorism' at all, in any way, shape, or form.

9. United States Marshals will be randomly placed at various "sporting venues," where a firearm could be otherwise legally discharged. This could include publicly or privately owned venues where the following (but not limited to) take place: hunting areas, shooting ranges.

So, you are limiting a massive industry to be run by the government, which will obviously scale it down (you can't have all the Marshals run the current number of sport shooting operations).

More killing of industries.

11. Assault rifles, semi-automatic, and automatic weapons, as well as those not fitted with GPS and trigger locking devices will be immediately seized by the government. The owner will be compensated fair market value of the weapon, minus the cost of the seizure operation.

Okay, so this makes #2 work, which still screws the industry either way.

12. President Obama will establish a Secretary of Firearm management. This office will have final say over future gun regulation to prevent against rampant innovation that was not forseen by the second amendment."

I'll bet money that these people will either not do anything, or restrict every single gun in the country.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 8:31:15 PM
I stopped after 2 as it is just laughably terrible. And I support pretty strict gun limits.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 8:44:11 PM
#trolling
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 8:52:37 PM
At 11/19/2013 8:44:11 PM, Noumena wrote:
#trolling

Yeah it's got to be. No one could be that foolish
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:00:41 PM
Bahahaha, that is hysterical! Then again, I'd never be surprised by the Left. In fact I have seen many who truly holds radical beliefs such as that.

In fact John Lott, famous author and classmate of Obama reported that Obama believed that nobody should be able to own guns.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:35:18 PM
At 11/19/2013 9:00:41 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Bahahaha, that is hysterical! Then again, I'd never be surprised by the Left. In fact I have seen many who truly holds radical beliefs such as that.

In fact John Lott, famous author and classmate of Obama reported that Obama believed that nobody should be able to own guns.

At least Obama is smart enough to know that it won't work.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:36:24 PM

Interesting.

The amendment is not what needs to be nullified, it's the post-Goldwater interpretation of it that needs to go.

lol, as if... The problem is that there are so many guns. I am the kind of person who would give people one year to bring their guns to a central location, whereupon people would receive 75.00 USD for ever rifle or shotgun, 200.00 for every pistol and 500.00 for certain fully or burst-fire rifle. After that period, gun ownership would require psychological evaluation, fingerprinting, etc. Any person found to possess a firearm not in compliance would be subject to ten years in prison and a minimum fine of 10,000.00 or 25% of that person's net assets, whichever is greater.

I'm actually ok with this.

I'm ok with requiring psychological screening prior to allowing people to buy guns, as well as extensive (as in, four month long gun safety classes for all civilians) training regimens for non-military personnel.

Stupid.

I think a 1,000,000.00 liability policy for all civilians who own guns would be more acceptable.

Stupid, and impractical.

lol, that's actually pretty funny.

Impractical.

Stupid.

Stupid and impractical.

lol
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:38:04 PM
Bahahaha, that is hysterical! Then again, I'd never be surprised by the Left.

Yer so ambiguous by who yer referring to by the "Left".

In fact I have seen many who truly holds radical beliefs such as that.

If it ain't radical it's probably part of the problem lol.

Probs.
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:38:17 PM
At 11/19/2013 9:36:24 PM, YYW wrote:

Interesting.

The amendment is not what needs to be nullified, it's the post-Goldwater interpretation of it that needs to go.

lol, as if... The problem is that there are so many guns. I am the kind of person who would give people one year to bring their guns to a central location, whereupon people would receive 75.00 USD for ever rifle or shotgun, 200.00 for every pistol and 500.00 for certain fully or burst-fire rifle. After that period, gun ownership would require psychological evaluation, fingerprinting, etc. Any person found to possess a firearm not in compliance would be subject to ten years in prison and a minimum fine of 10,000.00 or 25% of that person's net assets, whichever is greater.

To clarify, the part I thought was really stupid was the "as approved by the Affordable Care Act" part

I'm ok with requiring psychological screening prior to allowing people to buy guns, as well as extensive (as in, four month long gun safety classes for all civilians) training regimens for non-military personnel.

Stupid.

I think a 1,000,000.00 liability policy for all civilians who own guns would be more acceptable.

Stupid, and impractical.

Impractical.

Stupid.

Stupid and impractical.

lol
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:39:12 PM
At 11/19/2013 9:38:04 PM, Noumena wrote:

That would most probably be due to the fact that he hasn't the slightest clue what he's talking about.

Probs.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:40:00 PM
At 11/19/2013 9:38:17 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 11/19/2013 9:36:24 PM, YYW wrote:

Interesting.

To clarify, the part I thought was really stupid was the "as approved by the Affordable Care Act" part

Well, that part is stupid. lol

Stupid.

Stupid, and impractical.

Impractical.

Stupid.

Stupid and impractical.

lol
Tsar of DDO
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:40:37 PM

Jesus its like I just read a future lineup of Weekly Stupid material
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:41:28 PM
At 11/19/2013 9:39:12 PM, YYW wrote:

That would most probably be due to the fact that he hasn't the slightest clue what he's talking about.

Perhaps. I think it's weird that he says things like this while simultaneously holding Chomsky in such high esteem.

Probs.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:43:03 PM
At 11/19/2013 9:41:28 PM, Noumena wrote:

Perhaps. I think it's weird that he says things like this while simultaneously holding Chomsky in such high esteem.

That is because Geo wouldn't know his @ss from a hole in the wall.

Probs.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/19/2013 9:50:15 PM
At 11/19/2013 9:43:03 PM, YYW wrote:

That is because Geo wouldn't know his @ss from a hole in the wall.

No, he's just humble enough to admit he doesn't know the difference.

Probs.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 1:09:09 AM

Just as ambiguous as the term "Libertarian." Could be AnCap, could be Tea Party, could be Minarchist, could be Syndicalist, could be Liberaltarian, could be Randian Objectivist, etc.

When I refer to the left, I refer to the Elizabeth Warrens, Bernie Sanders, Obamas, Pelosis, the Democrat voting base, the Liberal professors, etc.

Because I'm not a partisan hack. I respect many sides of the argument and in fact agree with some aspects of the left. I honestly wouldn't want to see a homogeneous Congress of all Republicans, I support a balance and a diversity of views and indeed they are necessary for the nation to function.

Noam Chomsky is highly intelligent, I agree with him on just about everything except economics, and even his critiques of Capitalism I find challenging and stimulating. His ideas on manufacturing consent are spot on, his critique of and knowledge of foreign policy is excellent.

There are others on the Left I support/respect: Ralph Nader, Mikhail Bakunin, Dennis Kucinich, Naomi Wolf, Kirsten Powers, JFK, etc.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mikal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 1:21:39 AM

retarted

bankrupt the USA great idea

Still stupid. That removes guns away from kids with disabilities or just kids that are flat moron.

this i am on board with

We give them a month and they still don't shut up. I just almost pissed myself laughing at this one.

This breaks so many levels of retardation it is almost as stupid as the last one

Because we can put a gps tracker in millions of firearms, and track them by their serial number. logic

If this isn't a troll, this person by their own amendment would not be allowed to have a gun in the same house as them.

Not effective

Someone has never touched a gun in their life

11. Assault rifles, semi-automatic, and automatic weapons, as well as those not fitted with GPS and trigger locking devices will be immediately seized by the government. The owner will be compensated fair market value of the weapon, minus the
cost of the seizure operation.

So break the rules this guy set into place, and you pay them for it. Great idea

I think that is called biden
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 7:58:23 AM
At 11/20/2013 1:09:09 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Just as ambiguous as the term "Libertarian." Could be AnCap, could be Tea Party, could be Minarchist, could be Syndicalist, could be Liberaltarian, could be Randian Objectivist, etc.

When I refer to the left, I refer to the Elizabeth Warrens, Bernie Sanders, Obamas, Pelosis, the Democrat voting base, the Liberal professors, etc.

"the Liberal professors"

"the Liberal professors"

"the Liberal professors"

"the Liberal professors"

"the Liberal professors"

"the Liberal professors"

Wut

Because I'm not a partisan hack. I respect many sides of the argument and in fact agree with some aspects of the left. I honestly wouldn't want to see a homogeneous Congress of all Republicans, I support a balance and a diversity of views and indeed they are necessary for the nation to function.

Does that mean we're allowed a few Lizard people?

Noam Chomsky is highly intelligent, I agree with him on just about everything except economics, and even his critiques of Capitalism I find challenging and stimulating. His ideas on manufacturing consent are spot on, his critique of and knowledge of foreign policy is excellent.

You've obviously never been 'subjected' to his linguistics lol.

There are others on the Left I support/respect: Ralph Nader, Mikhail Bakunin, Dennis Kucinich, Naomi Wolf, Kirsten Powers, JFK, etc.

JFK?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 10:25:11 AM
If it ain't radical it's probably part of the problem lol..

"One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution, one makes a revolution to establish a dictatorship."
-- George Orwell

It depends on radical in what. Radical like Che Guevara or Lenin, not quite a good thing. Revolutionaries and radicals are seen all throughout history but how many of them good. The American Revolution was unique among them all.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 10:45:44 AM
At 11/20/2013 7:58:23 AM, Noumena wrote:
At 11/20/2013 1:09:09 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

"the Liberal professors"

Wut

I know Chomsky is considered a Liberal professor but what's your point? Do you dare say that Chomsky is like all the rest?

Does that mean we're allowed a few Lizard people?

They're not American, so no.

You've obviously never been 'subjected' to his linguistics lol.

That has nothing to do with politics.

JFK?

I was hesitant to list him since he had right wing economics and was a lifetime NRA member. He did have a few moderate left views on the environment, Federal education grants, immigration, etc.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
AngstChrist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 11:47:37 AM
Ironic that they'd name it after a kid whose lifestyle and actions the evening he was killed is what prompts many to seek firearms for their own defense. Either way, what a joke, completely unenforceable and unconstitutional.

Not one I'd like to see play out - I don't see a lot of folks cooperating and for good reason.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 2:36:30 PM
At 11/20/2013 11:47:37 AM, AngstChrist wrote:
Ironic that they'd name it after a kid whose lifestyle and actions the evening he was killed is what prompts many to seek firearms for their own defense. Either way, what a joke, completely unenforceable and unconstitutional.

Not one I'd like to see play out - I don't see a lot of folks cooperating and for good reason.

And what lifestyle/actions that evening warrant a firearm as opposed to... oh... I dunno... a cell phone call to the police followed by not stalking someone on public streets?
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 11:42:26 AM
At 11/19/2013 9:40:37 PM, imabench wrote:

Jesus its like I just read a future lineup of Weekly Stupid material
TheOncomingStorm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 3:25:44 PM

This oughta be good

No real reasoning?

Let's humor this and see what kind of legislation is proposes.

Because we only want half of America armed and ready to defend.

How the crap do we regulate that? We'd need to do a search at every door of a building to see who has a gun, and people would be required to do the whole scarlet letter all over again.

I don't know what the ACA has to do with this, but I agree that everyone that buys a gun should be psychologically stable.

This is probably the stupidest thing so far.

That's about 2,500 times as much as I have on my car, and I can kill several people with my car in a second.

So we can track our citizens that we don't like? No thank you.

Okay, it was trolling before, but either this person is a troll or one of the most biased idiots I've ever read anything from. This is like saying, "You peacefully disagree with me, therefore you're a terrorist."

What's the cause? First of all, sporting venues already have security. Second of all, if you shoot someone while you're at a shooting range, you have signed your tombstone. People there are already getting target practice, why not blow the fools head off in self-defense? It's the same principle as having a Marshall there except there isn't a guy to get in the way of thirty other people pointing the guns.

I use 100 rounds at the shooting range to get in a good practice. Please, don't be like that.

The writer clearly thinks we have twice as much control and money as we actually have,

Rampant innovation? You mean capitalism? Allowing businesses to improve their products and people to buy those products for self-defense is not "rampant innovation that was not for seen by the second amendment." That's an opinion. Not to mention, I don't think this person understands what the cabinet does. They're advisors not the congress.

Obviously this is a troll. This is not the proper form of writing for an amendment and clearly this person has no idea what they're talking about.
Official "Director of Weather and Hyperbole in the Maximum Degree of Mice and Men" of the FREEDO bureaucracy.
leviticus88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 7:54:09 PM

They could have saved the time and just said.

"Lets start a 2nd civil war and this time against a good majority of the US population at large."

What an idiot to even think of such an amendment.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 8:01:48 PM

Holy fuckin sh!t, this can't be real.

I had to be careful not to throw my computer across the room.

The day this sh!t happens is the day I move to Britain.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
AngstChrist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 2:44:35 PM
Martin wasn't stalked. Its not illegal to follow or ask questions of people in public. The fact is, the thuggable trayvon attacked a man to the point where he feared he was going to die. The shot to the heart was appropriate.

Nobody's going to miss him.

At 11/20/2013 2:36:30 PM, Wnope wrote:

And what lifestyle/actions that evening warrant a firearm as opposed to... oh... I dunno... a cell phone call to the police followed by not stalking someone on public streets?
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 3:09:14 PM
At 11/22/2013 2:44:35 PM, AngstChrist wrote:
Martin wasn't stalked. Its not illegal to follow or ask questions of people in public. The fact is, the thuggable trayvon attacked a man to the point where he feared he was going to die. The shot to the heart was appropriate.

Nobody's going to miss him.

At 11/20/2013 2:36:30 PM, Wnope wrote:

He wasn't stalked... he was just followed by a man with a gun and a hard on for playing detective, reported to the police by phone (and the police said to stop following him), and then followed by the same man until a physical confrontation was provoked.

I'm sure that Trayvon was just some angry black kid who would have punched out any non-black who happened to be following him on a public street.

And don't worry, I'm sure you have a 'black friend' you can point to in case any of us are wondering about your interesting suppositions on whether black people will be "missed" when killed at a young age.