Jump to topic:

Washington Post: "The Tea Party Killed JFK"

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 1:56:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Washington Post has just went completely off the rails and is now declaring that the Tea Party has its roots in the 1963 fringe of Dallas that killed John F. Kennedy.

http://m.washingtonpost.com...

Last I checked Kennedy was killed by a Marxist Communist and JFK was a lifelong NRA member, low taxes, pro-2nd Amendment, against the Federal Reserve, who appointed a Republican as his economic adviser.

The fact is, the Tea Party does not have its roots in 1963, the Tea Party's earliest roots are 1984 back when the Koch Brothers joined forces with Ron Paul to create the Tea Party. http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

Ron Paul also supported low taxes, gun rights, and ending the Fed. Looks like JFK was closer to Ron Paul rather than the enemy of the Tea Party.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
TN05
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 11:36:54 AM
If JFK was alive today, he'd be a moderate Republican. There is no room in the Democratic party for a supporter of lower taxes, gun rights, and a strong military.

To say anyone other than the left killed him is insane.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 12:53:34 PM
At 11/21/2013 1:56:36 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Washington Post has just went completely off the rails and is now declaring that the Tea Party has its roots in the 1963 fringe of Dallas that killed John F. Kennedy.

You, calling someone elses theory "off the rails"? lol

But in all seriousness, did you even read the article? The only point the author was making is that the same bigoted and hateful discourse surrounding the presidency that we see from the Tea Party today took place then as well.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 12:54:33 PM
At 11/22/2013 12:53:34 PM, Double_R wrote:
But in all seriousness, did you even read the article?

That is a rhetorical question BTW. I already know you didn't.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 5:18:20 PM
At 11/22/2013 12:54:33 PM, Double_R wrote:

You are an idiot. You didn't read the article, I did.

"To find the very roots of the tea party of 2013, just go back to downtown Dallas in 1963, back to the months and weeks leading to the Kennedy assassination. It was where and when a deeply angry political polarization, driven by a band of zealots, burst wide open in America.

It was fueled then, as now, by billionaires opposed to federal oversight, rabid media, Bible-thumping preachers and extremist lawmakers who had moved far from their political peers. In 1963, that strident minority hijacked the civic dialogue and brewed the boiling, toxic environment waiting for Kennedy the day he died."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2013 3:15:41 AM
At 11/22/2013 5:18:20 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/22/2013 12:54:33 PM, Double_R wrote:

You are an idiot. You didn't read the article, I did.

"To find the very roots of the tea party of 2013, just go back to downtown Dallas in 1963, back to the months and weeks leading to the Kennedy assassination. It was where and when a deeply angry political polarization, driven by a band of zealots, burst wide open in America.

It was fueled then, as now, by billionaires opposed to federal oversight, rabid media, Bible-thumping preachers and extremist lawmakers who had moved far from their political peers. In 1963, that strident minority hijacked the civic dialogue and brewed the boiling, toxic environment waiting for Kennedy the day he died."

Yes Geo, I read the article. Why you feel the need to copy and paste it is beyond me. Now here is a wild idea... how about you actually make an argument? You know, that would be where your brain comes up with words and sends them to your fingers to type so that other people can figure out what the hell is going on in that warped brain of yours.