Jump to topic:

CNN and MSNBC lose almost half their viewers

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2013 8:07:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Excellent, CNN is alright but MSNBC is complete trash. I find myself flipping between CNN, FOX and CNBC, skip right over MSNBC and HLN
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/30/2013 12:42:39 PM
Highly misleading.

1) The article makes clear that they're comparing results with an election year.

2) It's easily surmisable that many people tuned into "the" news network, i.e. CNN, to check up on election results, and that once elections were over, traffic returned to normal.

No comment on MSNBC.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2013 1:17:20 AM
CNN is admittedly giving up news because they know they are bs. They going to focus on whale documentaries, Anthony Bordain, and Sanja Gupta weed tales.

MSNBC is a weekly source of smears against Republicans and Libertarians with next to no integrity or credibility.

Fox News is the reigning champ, number 1. Megyn Kelly, John Stossel, Greg Gutfeld, Judge Napolitano, Charles Krauthammer, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Andrea Tantaros, Chris Wallace, Harris Faulkner, Eric Bolling, and Neil Cavuto are lightyears ahead of anything that CNN/MSNBC put out. And now Fox is getting Maria Bartiromo, the hot smart chick from CNBC, a well respected name in business reporting.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2013 12:09:38 PM
At 12/2/2013 1:17:20 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
CNN is admittedly giving up news because they know they are bs. They going to focus on whale documentaries, Anthony Bordain, and Sanja Gupta weed tales.

MSNBC is a weekly source of smears against Republicans and Libertarians with next to no integrity or credibility.

Fox News is the reigning champ, number 1. Megyn Kelly, John Stossel, Greg Gutfeld, Judge Napolitano, Charles Krauthammer, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Andrea Tantaros, Chris Wallace, Harris Faulkner, Eric Bolling, and Neil Cavuto are lightyears ahead of anything that CNN/MSNBC put out. And now Fox is getting Maria Bartiromo, the hot smart chick from CNBC, a well respected name in business reporting.

Fox News is just as bad as MSNBC with the exception of John Stossel and Judge Napolitano.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 10:24:09 AM
Not suprised. MSNBC just recently had one of their guys fired, for making what was a terrible comment on Sarah Palin. MSNBC is easily the most biased news source there is.

CNN never has been able to get viewers. They are a little bit better than MSNBC, but not by much.
Ashton
HPWKA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 11:28:40 AM
Not surprising.

MSNBC and CNN try to portray themselves as left, but they are actually moderate-conservative on most issues. True liberals and progressives in this country have little interest in watching a moderate-conservative take on the news, and get most of their news online.

Fox is able to corner the market on Conservatives, because it has fooled its gullible viewer-base into believing that everyone except Fox is radical-Liberal, which while good for Fox's ratings, has in turn made them a radical-right news organization.
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 1:49:42 PM
At 12/2/2013 12:09:38 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 12/2/2013 1:17:20 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Fox News is just as bad as MSNBC with the exception of John Stossel and Judge Napolitano.

I wouldn't go that far, since I think that the conservative right is generally better than the liberal left, but some of it is complete trash. I still like Kelly and O'Reilly though.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
donald.keller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 4:45:16 PM
At 11/29/2013 8:07:26 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Excellent, CNN is alright but MSNBC is complete trash. I find myself flipping between CNN, FOX and CNBC, skip right over MSNBC and HLN

A steady dose of both sides. bravo.
-- Don't forget to submit your unvoted debates to the Voter's Union --

OFFICIAL DK/TUF 2016 Platform: http://www.debate.org...

My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com...
#SaveThePresidency
#SaveTheSite

-- DK/TUF 2016 --
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 7:08:27 PM
At 12/7/2013 10:24:09 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:
Not suprised. MSNBC just recently had one of their guys fired, for making what was a terrible comment on Sarah Palin. MSNBC is easily the most biased news source there is.

CNN never has been able to get viewers. They are a little bit better than MSNBC, but not by much.

You should get promoted for saying a terrible comment about Sarah Palin.

Also, I have only ever been on the MSNBC website, which isn't biased. What exactly is so biased about the news network? Are they ultra-left, or ultra-right?
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 8:42:19 PM
At 12/7/2013 7:08:27 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

You are an idiot. MSNBC said they wanted to defecate in her mouth and urinate in her eyes because they can't defeat her arguments in substance.

Also, I have only ever been on the MSNBC website, which isn't biased. What exactly is so biased about the news network? Are they ultra-left, or ultra-right?

Ultra-left, they worship Obama and spend hours on end each day trashing Republicans and smearing talk show hosts. And I do know from personal observance, I tune in to MSNBC on XM Radio every week.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2013 8:47:23 PM
At 12/7/2013 8:42:19 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

You are an idiot. MSNBC said they wanted to defecate in her mouth and urinate in her eyes because they can't defeat her arguments in substance.

Yes... resort to insults... how mature.

Nice insult though (the one on Sarah Palin, not your pitiful idiocy). I wouldn't fire a person for saying that though.

Ultra-left, they worship Obama and spend hours on end each day trashing Republicans and smearing talk show hosts. And I do know from personal observance, I tune in to MSNBC on XM Radio every week.

Seeing as you are biased against Obama, I am not sure how much I believe that. Plus, trashing Republicans isn't all that hard, unless you are trying to say that they are baselessly insulting them.

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 5:27:40 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/7/2013 8:47:23 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

You just defended vile insults against Sarah Palin and praised it, then I call you an idiot for doing so, you turn around and condemn insults. You make no sense.

Nice insult though (the one on Sarah Palin, not your pitiful idiocy). I wouldn't fire a person for saying that though.

He resigned.

Seeing as you are biased against Obama, I am not sure how much I believe that. Plus, trashing Republicans isn't all that hard, unless you are trying to say that they are baselessly insulting them.

I voted for Obama in 2008. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2012.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 5:38:13 PM
At 12/8/2013 5:27:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/7/2013 8:47:23 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

You just defended vile insults against Sarah Palin and praised it, then I call you an idiot for doing so, you turn around and condemn insults. You make no sense.

Baseless insults and insults with reasoning are two different things. Also, ignorance and idiocy are two different things.

He resigned.

Exactly. You aren't for him anymore.

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 5:50:54 PM
At 12/8/2013 5:38:13 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

Baseless insults and insults with reasoning are two different things. Also, ignorance and idiocy are two different things.

Bashirs insults contained not a shred of reason. Sarah Palin was right to compare a debt that has come due from the debtor to slavery, literal debt slaves were common prior to American slavery. Bashir said that because Sarah Palin made comments that were factually correct, that she therefore deserves to have her mouth defecated in and her eyes urinated on. This is what you call reason.

That's not biased though. It's possible to be objectively against him. If I voted for him, attended his rallies, supported him, gave him a chance, and then stopped supporting him after his election, that is the opposite of being biased against him.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 5:56:14 PM
At 12/8/2013 5:50:54 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/8/2013 5:38:13 PM, themohawkninja wrote:

Bashirs insults contained not a shred of reason. Sarah Palin was right to compare a debt that has come due from the debtor to slavery, literal debt slaves were common prior to American slavery. Bashir said that because Sarah Palin made comments that were factually correct, that she therefore deserves to have her mouth defecated in and her eyes urinated on. This is what you call reason.

What was in the insult is not what my opinion was based off of. My opinion comes from the crazy sh*t that comes out of Palin's mouth 99% of the time she speaks.

I also don't see how debt is related to slavery if many of the slaves weren't indebted.

That's not biased though. It's possible to be objectively against him. If I voted for him, attended his rallies, supported him, gave him a chance, and then stopped supporting him after his election, that is the opposite of being biased against him.

Being against someone is a bias. If Obama were to attempt to pass a new law, you would be inclined to be against the law (ever so slightly) before you became aware of the details of the law, would you not?

birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2013 6:06:18 PM

Ultra-left. Almost every show on there is completely biased.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 9:44:42 AM

Fox News is every bit as bad as all other cable news networks. They are all the same. So to say one is better than the other is strictly one sided and ignorant.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 10:15:05 AM
At 12/9/2013 9:44:42 AM, inferno wrote:

Fox News is every bit as bad as all other cable news networks. They are all the same. So to say one is better than the other is strictly one sided and ignorant.

No, MSNBC has no shows that are even fair, all lean toward to liberal side. While fox news does have a few conservative shows, at least some are fair and independent.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 10:17:59 AM
At 12/9/2013 10:15:05 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

No, MSNBC has no shows that are even fair, all lean toward to liberal side. While fox news does have a few conservative shows, at least some are fair and independent.

False. Fox News has a guideline that they follow which is extremely biased.
This is all cable news networks. Your opinion is biased as well because this is the party you endorse.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 10:19:35 AM
At 12/9/2013 10:17:59 AM, inferno wrote:

This is all cable news networks. Your opinion is biased as well because this is the party you endorse.

And you are liberal, so your opinion that MSNBC is fair is biased as well.
Ashton
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 10:21:14 AM
At 12/9/2013 10:19:35 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

False. I do not support any of the garbage you see on MSNBC. Please do not dictate my stance on issues abroad.
birdlandmemories
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 10:22:05 AM
At 12/9/2013 10:21:14 AM, inferno wrote:
At 12/9/2013 10:19:35 AM, birdlandmemories wrote:

False. I do not support any of the garbage you see on MSNBC. Please do not dictate my stance on issues abroad.

Ok. I apologize for my assumption.
Ashton
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 2:33:44 PM

Objectively MSNBC is worse than FOX. While FOX obviously leans right in their reporting of news stories during the day, MSNBC runs opinion shows all day while reporting the news.
Basically while CNN and FOX are doing their slightly biased news programs during the day, MSNBC is running Hannity, Piers Morgan esque programming.

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 2:34:51 PM
At 12/9/2013 2:33:44 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Objectively MSNBC is worse than FOX. While FOX obviously leans right in their reporting of news stories during the day, MSNBC runs opinion shows all day while reporting the news.
Basically while CNN and FOX are doing their slightly biased news programs during the day, MSNBC is running Hannity, Piers Morgan esque programming.

That is a lie. Especially when they all work together. You just sound like a total sheep idiot. If you knew better and had more information, you wouldnt spew such ignorance.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 2:40:44 PM
Just compare the primetime lineup, you can't tell me MSNBC is not running a more biased lineup than FOX.

MSNBC
Ed Sullivan
Al Sharpton
Chris Matthews
Chris Hayes
Rachel Maddow
Lawrence O'Donnell

And up until recently Martin Bashir

FOX
The Five - Andrea Tantaros, Bob Beckel, Dana Perino, Eric Bolling, Greg Gutfeld, Juan Williams, Kimberly Guilfoyle
Bret BAier
Greta Van Susteren
O'Reilly
Megyn Kelly
Hannity

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 2:42:36 PM
At 12/9/2013 2:34:51 PM, inferno wrote:

That is a lie. Especially when they all work together. You just sound like a total sheep idiot. If you knew better and had more information, you wouldnt spew such ignorance.

You apparently don't watch both, anyone with both a brain and an objective bone in their body can tell you MSNBC, in their attempt to outbias FOX in their ratings war has succeeded in outbiasing FOX but the ratings haven't followed.

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 2:46:35 PM
At 12/9/2013 2:42:36 PM, lewis20 wrote:

You apparently don't watch both, anyone with both a brain and an objective bone in their body can tell you MSNBC, in their attempt to outbias FOX in their ratings war has succeeded in outbiasing FOX but the ratings haven't followed.

Watched them a million times over. And again youre biased and ignorant. Your personal opinion has clouded your judgment here. Its all the same.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 2:48:02 PM

Also, did you think in your head "ya, 'total sheep idiot', that'll sound good" haha

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2013 2:48:57 PM
At 12/9/2013 2:48:02 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Also, did you think in your head "ya, 'total sheep idiot', that'll sound good" haha

I understand that rational thinking does not apply to you.
It is accepted.