Jump to topic:

Disdain for GOP

kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 1:52:27 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Election season is fast approaching, and there are some seats in Congress up for grabs. I saw that a governor, and two senators are retiring. Chris Dodd's seat is in jeopardy anyway, so he is bowing out gracefully.

I read an article this morning whereas Michael Steele slammed the GOP, saying that there is a fat chance that they will be of any effect. There is so much derision within party ranks, and it doesn't seem like they will recover, at least this year anyhow...

I know that there are some conservative folks here. How do you think the GOP fares in making significant gains this election cycle?
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 1:54:10 PM
At 1/6/2010 1:52:27 PM, kelly224 wrote:
Election season is fast approaching, and there are some seats in Congress up for grabs. I saw that a governor, and two senators are retiring. Chris Dodd's seat is in jeopardy anyway, so he is bowing out gracefully.

I read an article this morning whereas Michael Steele slammed the GOP, saying that there is a fat chance that they will be of any effect. There is so much derision within party ranks, and it doesn't seem like they will recover, at least this year anyhow...

I know that there are some conservative folks here. How do you think the GOP fares in making significant gains this election cycle?

Hopefully we see several repeats of New York's Twenty-Third!
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 1:55:15 PM
At 1/6/2010 1:54:10 PM, JBlake wrote:

I think we will see a repeat of 1994.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 1:58:35 PM
At 1/6/2010 1:55:15 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 1/6/2010 1:54:10 PM, JBlake wrote:

I think we will see a repeat of 1994.

Optimism is good, but not realistic in this case. The party of obstruction will have it's day. It's a shame that both political parties are held in contempt, but the lesser of the two evils is the DEM's.

Oh,forgot they pulled off the Bush fiasco, so nothing can be taken for granted with them.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2010 2:03:53 PM
Let's see what the Huffington Post thinks. After all, I like to be fair and balanced.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
"If the election were held today, we'd lose the House," says Democratic campaign consultant Tom King, a view shared, off the record, by a number of his colleagues.

Oh, that's not good for the Democrats. Let's see what Rasmussen Reports says.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com...
Republican candidates start the year by opening a nine-point lead over Democrats, the GOP's biggest in several years, in the latest edition of the Generic Congressional Ballot.

The new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that 44% would vote for their district's Republican congressional candidate while 35% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent.
Scott_Mann
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2010 6:58:35 PM
The Connecticut seat will continue to be controlled by the Democrats. Richard Blumenthal has 78% approval, and, as of yesterday, support from Obama and Biden. Plus, he's campaigning in a very blue state, so there's pretty much a 98% chance of him winning, in my opinion.
The more posts you have, the less value they contain.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2010 9:17:14 PM

Lets get Pelosi out of there!

Vote John Dennis!
Scott_Mann
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2010 9:37:12 PM
At 1/7/2010 9:17:14 PM, comoncents wrote:

Vote John Dennis!

You're only supporting him because Ron Paul endorsed him. :-P
The more posts you have, the less value they contain.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2010 9:43:15 PM
At 1/7/2010 9:37:12 PM, Scott_Mann wrote:
At 1/7/2010 9:17:14 PM, comoncents wrote:

Vote John Dennis!

You're only supporting him because Ron Paul endorsed him. :-P

No, i just really hated Pelosi, but now that I know that, for sure, vote for him.

Wow, thanks for pointing that out.