Jump to topic:

Judicial corporal punishment

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2013 10:40:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What do you think of it as an alternative to the status quo (imprisonment)?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2013 12:04:37 AM
At 12/2/2013 10:40:45 PM, thett3 wrote:

So basically torture? I think it depends on the crime.

In the US, you can be thrown in prison and receive dental care, free gym membership, three meals a day, television, and a lot more. If I was a homeless bum, I'd actually be tempted to go rob a 7-11 so I could get all that.

In some places they cut off your hands for stealing. Is that a little over the top? I don't know. But what I do know is this: if I lived in those countries, I'd be scared crapless to steal.

I would say if you're guilty of assault and battery, your punishment should be getting the living sh!t beaten out of you, or something along those lines. And to those of you who think that's severe and unjust, it's very simple: if you don't want that to happen to you, don't commit the crime.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
GalaxyDude
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2013 9:51:25 PM
At 12/2/2013 10:40:45 PM, thett3 wrote:

Judicial corporal punishment was endorsed by all the presidents carved into Mt. Rushmore and the Bible, Deuteronomy 25:1-3. It is actually better for all concerned than imprisonment, although not everyone should be allowed to get out of prison with judicial corporal punishment. It is only appropriate for those sentenced to about 1 to 5 years. Murderers, etc. must stay in prison or be executed. It has never been held unconstitutional and has always been held constitutional in the U.S. Please read a new law review article entitled, "Prison Overcrowding Cure: Judicial Corporal Punishment of Adults" in the summer 2013 edition of The Criminal Law Bulletin. This article explains how effective it is, especially to control crimes like theft and maybe drug crimes. In history, there is much evidence that it is very effective. Our society got soft-hearted, but prison turned out to be not so soft on prisoners, taxpayers, families and even victims.