Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Snowden Offers Brazil help on Counter-intel

wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 2:42:44 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://www.cnn.com...

So, why is this guy alive, or not in jail?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
STALIN
Posts: 3,726
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 2:46:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
This is an interesting forum. The question is, what can the United States do about Snowden. They could try and assassinate him. They could try lots of things with this traitor. The question is how will the United States look to the rest of the world.
CarefulNow
Posts: 780
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 7:00:33 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2013 2:46:57 PM, STALIN wrote:
This is an interesting forum. The question is, what can the United States do about Snowden. They could try and assassinate him. They could try lots of things with this traitor. The question is how will the United States look to the rest of the world.

Your question, maybe. Perhaps I took the Pledge of Allegiance a bit less seriously than you, but I consider the US government itself far more of threat than some sort of Red Dawn Brazilian invasion scenario.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 7:04:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2013 2:42:44 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

So, why is this guy alive, or not in jail?

He should be getting a medal. Although it's clear that it's motivated by self-interest, it doesn't lessen the fact that he has done more to expose the corruptness and deceit of the Leviathan than most any other person in the past decade.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
ironmaiden
Posts: 456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 7:18:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2013 7:00:33 PM, CarefulNow wrote:
At 12/17/2013 2:46:57 PM, STALIN wrote:
This is an interesting forum. The question is, what can the United States do about Snowden. They could try and assassinate him. They could try lots of things with this traitor. The question is how will the United States look to the rest of the world.

Your question, maybe. Perhaps I took the Pledge of Allegiance a bit less seriously than you, but I consider the US government itself far more of threat than some sort of Red Dawn Brazilian invasion scenario.

Haha, so true.

But hey, the old Red Dawn is one of my favorite movies.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 7:23:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2013 7:04:50 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2013 2:42:44 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

So, why is this guy alive, or not in jail?

He should be getting a medal. Although it's clear that it's motivated by self-interest, it doesn't lessen the fact that he has done more to expose the corruptness and deceit of the Leviathan than most any other person in the past decade.

I understand your perspective when it comes to whistle-blowing domestic spying. However, moves such as this expose Snowden as countering our foreign intelligence capability, and that's simply treason.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
CarefulNow
Posts: 780
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 7:24:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2013 7:04:50 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2013 2:42:44 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

So, why is this guy alive, or not in jail?

He should be getting a medal. Although it's clear that it's motivated by self-interest, it doesn't lessen the fact that he has done more to expose the corruptness and deceit of the Leviathan than most any other person in the past decade.

Surely you're referring to the trivial "self-interest" of one who does what he wants. Because it's not at all clear that anyone in their right mind would give up safety and certainty in Hawaii for a perilous and uncertain tour of less-than-paradisiac locales.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 7:26:13 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2013 7:23:59 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 12/17/2013 7:04:50 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2013 2:42:44 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

So, why is this guy alive, or not in jail?

He should be getting a medal. Although it's clear that it's motivated by self-interest, it doesn't lessen the fact that he has done more to expose the corruptness and deceit of the Leviathan than most any other person in the past decade.

I understand your perspective when it comes to whistle-blowing domestic spying. However, moves such as this expose Snowden as countering our foreign intelligence capability, and that's simply treason.

I make no distinction. If a government can be more effectively undermined by countering their foreign capabilities, then kudos to them.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
wrichcirw
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 7:26:36 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2013 7:26:13 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2013 7:23:59 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 12/17/2013 7:04:50 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2013 2:42:44 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

So, why is this guy alive, or not in jail?

He should be getting a medal. Although it's clear that it's motivated by self-interest, it doesn't lessen the fact that he has done more to expose the corruptness and deceit of the Leviathan than most any other person in the past decade.

I understand your perspective when it comes to whistle-blowing domestic spying. However, moves such as this expose Snowden as countering our foreign intelligence capability, and that's simply treason.

I make no distinction. If a government can be more effectively undermined by countering their foreign capabilities, then kudos to them.

Ok mr. anarchy.
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2013 7:26:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/17/2013 7:24:55 PM, CarefulNow wrote:
At 12/17/2013 7:04:50 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 12/17/2013 2:42:44 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

So, why is this guy alive, or not in jail?

He should be getting a medal. Although it's clear that it's motivated by self-interest, it doesn't lessen the fact that he has done more to expose the corruptness and deceit of the Leviathan than most any other person in the past decade.

Surely you're referring to the trivial "self-interest" of one who does what he wants. Because it's not at all clear that anyone in their right mind would give up safety and certainty in Hawaii for a perilous and uncertain tour of less-than-paradisiac locales.

I meant "self-interest" as in his giving of help to Brazil, since he obviously wants to have permanent asylum there.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."