Jump to topic:

Ban military style vehicles

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 11:32:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Every year, over 5000 innocent pedestrians and bicyclists are run down by cars and killed. These military style vehicles, such as the vehicular monstrosity known as the Hummer and the evil killing machine known as a Jeep, have broader fronts and generally have four wheel drive. This means that not only are they more likely to hit innocent pedestrians, but that their overly powerful driving force combined with large wheels ensure that innocents will die beneath them.

Only the military should be allowed to own such powerful vehicles. It is utterly irresponsible to entrust to civilians this great responsibility. These vehicles serve no rational purpose what-so-ever, they are solely vehicles of war.

We've had enough deaths from vehicles already. If we save just one life than it is worth it. We have an obligation to act to ensure the safety of our children. Call your congressperson and ask them to act now.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 11:42:48 AM
BUT IF WE DIDN'T BAN HUMMERS, WHO WOULD BUILD TEH ROADZZZ?Z??Z?Z?Z?? ,,,,,

nac
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 11:54:02 AM
You serious or trolling? Because I would think that the Toyota Prius poses much more of a threat. Unlike a Hummer or a Jeep, you can't hear a Prius coming.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 11:55:05 AM
At 12/20/2013 11:54:02 AM, YYW wrote:
You serious or trolling? Because I would think that the Toyota Prius poses much more of a threat. Unlike a Hummer or a Jeep, you can't hear a Prius coming.

I'm trolling. I thought it was funny how many arguments made by supporters of an assault weapons ban can be applied nearly word for word here
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 11:57:19 AM
At 12/20/2013 11:55:05 AM, thett3 wrote:

I'm trolling. I thought it was funny how many arguments made by supporters of an assault weapons ban can be applied nearly word for word here

I hoped so... but had to verify lol
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 1:31:02 PM
I lol'd
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:24:46 PM
Yeah, because bigger and unnecessary cars mangling people to death seems ridiculous for some reason, bigger guns are okay too. Where's the troll? Government just CAN'T ban Hummers? That's, like, ridiculous.

Just make a proper argument, not one from ridiculous precedent. Say, you don't trust your government that much, but don't trust the rest of the world more? That'd account for your liberalism too. Spell it out in plain terms. I mean, "look, this guy got mangled by a big car, guns are okay" is not a good argument. Try putting it on a television advert or something. You're just coming off as a piece of sh*t here, who finds the imagination of no Hummers strange.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:26:46 PM
IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT HUMMERS!?!??! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;____;

Nice reduction to absurdity retard.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:33:03 PM
Or your conservatism, whatever. Check out the bit about the W's and M's here: http://en.wikipedia.org... You just trolled yourself really, painted a picture of yourself as incredibly small-minded.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:35:23 PM
At 12/20/2013 2:24:46 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Yeah, because bigger and unnecessary cars mangling people to death seems ridiculous for some reason, bigger guns are okay too. Where's the troll? Government just CAN'T ban Hummers? That's, like, ridiculous.

Just make a proper argument, not one from ridiculous precedent. Say, you don't trust your government that much, but don't trust the rest of the world more? That'd account for your liberalism too. Spell it out in plain terms. I mean, "look, this guy got mangled by a big car, guns are okay" is not a good argument. Try putting it on a television advert or something. You're just coming off as a piece of sh*t here, who finds the imagination of no Hummers strange.

Lol calm down. I just thought it was funny, I don't think it's a serious argument against gun control and I didn't mean it to be.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:37:55 PM
At 12/20/2013 2:35:23 PM, thett3 wrote:

Lol calm down. I just thought it was funny, I don't think it's a serious argument against gun control and I didn't mean it to be.

That doesn't matter, nor am I mad --more just wondering is there any hope for humanity at all when people are so retarded.

http://en.wikipedia.org..., because people being mangled to death by cars really is funny.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:39:31 PM
This is an example of people needing something solid to hold onto in this dreamland. Hold onto something more decent maybe?

http://www.debate.org...
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:39:36 PM
At 12/20/2013 2:37:55 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

That doesn't matter, nor am I mad --more just wondering is there any hope for humanity at all when people are so retarded.

Abandon all hope

http://en.wikipedia.org..., because people being mangled to death by cars really is funny.

That's not the funny part, it's funny how the same arguments can be applied to a completely different product
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:41:10 PM
At 12/20/2013 2:39:36 PM, thett3 wrote:

Abandon all hope

Nah man, I still think you're cool even if you're a retard =P

That's not the funny part, it's funny how the same arguments can be applied to a completely different product

Yeah, sure bro.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:44:03 PM
At 12/20/2013 2:41:10 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Abandon all hope

I'm flattered

Yeah, sure bro.

I can't imagine it. How would I compensate for other...areas without a freakishly large car?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:44:35 PM
I wonder if conservatism could be put down to a person's never having experienced a violent encounter or something like that in their lives and just wanting it all to stay the same as a result, highly irrational and frightened. That's definitely what I'm seeing of other ideologies anyway, that high-irrationality --never gave conservatism much thought though.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:47:00 PM
At 12/20/2013 2:44:03 PM, thett3 wrote:

Abandon all hope

I'm flattered

Yeah, sure bro.

I can't imagine it. How would I compensate for other...areas without a freakishly large car?

Yeah. Sex does play a big part in dragging people down. Just a tip though, thett --it's all because people are scared.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2013 2:48:51 PM
We should all be scared together dude, not throw guns in between us and be scared of each other too.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:45:35 AM

The Prius can't run down a fuckin ant.
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:48:38 AM

Abandon all hope

Is it me, or is it just weird how AnDoctuir can't help but post multiple posts in a row, every single freaking time???
"I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being that his is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question. 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:53:36 AM
At 12/20/2013 2:44:35 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
I wonder if conservatism could be put down to a person's never having experienced a violent encounter or something like that in their lives and just wanting it all to stay the same as a result, highly irrational and frightened. That's definitely what I'm seeing of other ideologies anyway, that high-irrationality --never gave conservatism much thought though.

You mean pro-gunners being pro-gun because they've never had a violent encounter?

If that is what you are implying, you are far from correct. My dad is a huge pro gunner despite the fact that someone pointed a gun right in his face and threatened to shoot him if he moved.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:55:41 AM
AnDoctuir, you are one stupid fvckhead.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:56:56 AM

Abandon all hope

Yeah, sure bro.

And I think you're pretty cool, even if you're a fvckhead.
ironmaiden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 1:58:54 AM
Goddamit, I think I've caught AnDoctuir's disease...I'm probably annoying the living sh!t out of some people...I need to stop posting for a little bit...

Oh, and AnDoctuir, you're very dumb:)
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 3:52:35 AM
At 12/21/2013 1:55:41 AM, ironmaiden wrote:

I'm actually widely renowned on this site for being very, very intelligent and on top of that have registered genius level IQ, have math and art awards and very prestigious qualifications. So what I'm really saying is....no, that's you.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 3:55:28 AM

Ask Chrumbelievable. Prius owners are not to be trusted.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 3:57:11 AM

9,000+ spinko points if you can figure out who he was before his current account.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2013 4:03:20 AM
At 12/21/2013 3:57:11 AM, Noumena wrote:

9,000+ spinko points if you can figure out who he was before his current account.

I'm curious as to why?