Jump to topic:

Let's talk about 2016

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 8:17:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Who do you think the big shots will be? Who do you think will get the nomination for both sides? What do you think the outcome will be?
Tsar of DDO
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 8:26:05 PM
It would be like 2 severely autistic kids going at it(Dems and Rebs).

No one is forgetting the shutdown nor will they forget Obamacare.

It is up in the air, assuming the nominees don't try stupid sh!t.
MoonGod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 10:01:18 PM
Libertarians are moving up in politics.
Maybe one of them might get the nomination, but I'm not sure.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:06:57 AM
At 12/22/2013 10:01:18 PM, MoonGod wrote:

Your profile pic is like the scream, if the scream were an environmentalist.
Tsar of DDO
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:09:22 AM
Well, I think it's pretty obvious that Hillary Clinton will get the democratic nomination. The republican one could go to Chris Christie, Rand Paul, or Ted Cruz, though I suspect even the GOP will realize that Cruz is a bad choice.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

My Pet Fish is such a Douche- NiamC

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:16:07 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:09:22 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
Well, I think it's pretty obvious that Hillary Clinton will get the democratic nomination. The republican one could go to Chris Christie, Rand Paul, or Ted Cruz, though I suspect even the GOP will realize that Cruz is a bad choice.

I think that the GOP is more likely to have a Sarah Palin run for president with Glenn Beck as her veep than nominate Rand Paul or Ted Cruz.
Tsar of DDO
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:18:33 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:16:07 AM, YYW wrote:

I think that the GOP is more likely to have a Sarah Palin run for president with Glenn Beck as her veep than nominate Rand Paul or Ted Cruz.

I think you're underestimating Rand. With his libertarian tendencies, he appeals pretty strongly to young people and he's conservative enough for the GOP. The only thing I see as keeping him from the nomination is his plagiarism.
Debate me: Economic decision theory should be adjusted to include higher-order preferences for non-normative purposes http://www.debate.org...

Do you really believe that? Or not? If you believe it, you should man up and defend it in a debate. -RoyLatham

It's an app to meet friends and stuff, sort of like an adult club penguin- Thett3, describing Tinder
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:20:38 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:18:33 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

I think you're underestimating Rand.

I think that outside of a small faction of libertarians, he is the butt of every joke among the establishment.

With his libertarian tendencies, he appeals pretty strongly to young people and he's conservative enough for the GOP. The only thing I see as keeping him from the nomination is his plagiarism.

Meh... Rand is just like his father, but for the fact that son's IQ is at least one standard deviation lower than daddy.
Tsar of DDO
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:22:24 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:20:38 AM, YYW wrote:

I think that outside of a small faction of libertarians, he is the butt of every joke among the establishment.

With his libertarian tendencies, he appeals pretty strongly to young people and he's conservative enough for the GOP. The only thing I see as keeping him from the nomination is his plagiarism.

Meh... Rand is just like his father, but for the fact that son's IQ is at least one standard deviation lower than daddy.

I'll give you that one.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:23:57 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:22:24 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

I'll give you that one.

Oh, the only reason that daddy isn't the butt of every joke among the establishment is because son is there for the laughs.

The Pauls have their fan base, but it's a small fan base... very small indeed.
Tsar of DDO
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:24:01 AM

But really, the republican I want is Condoleezza Rice. She won't run, but I want her.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:25:27 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:24:01 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:

But really, the republican I want is Condoleezza Rice.

WHY? What could possibly be the reason that you want Rice?

She won't run, but I want her.

I miss W.
Tsar of DDO
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:27:39 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:25:27 AM, YYW wrote:

Highly intelligent, rational, conservative enough to appeal to the base, moderate enough to sway undecideds, female, minority. Frankly, she's the only person I see as being able to beat Hillary.

I miss W.

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:30:31 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:27:39 AM, ClassicRobert wrote:
At 12/23/2013 1:25:27 AM, YYW wrote:

Highly intelligent, rational, conservative enough to appeal to the base,

The "base" will vote for a ditzy, stupid, incompetent white woman before they'll vote for a black woman. It's a shittyfuckedup truth, but it's the way things are... no matter what people will say.

moderate enough to sway undecideds, female, minority. Frankly, she's the only person I see as being able to beat Hillary.

I don't think Hillary is as much of a sure-fire bet as you might think. She's surely the DNC lead, but it's not as if it will be an easy win.

No, she won't run...

I miss W.
Tsar of DDO
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:33:04 AM
At 12/22/2013 8:26:05 PM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

Meh. Call me an optimist.

I don't see the shutdown effecting the GOP's presidential aspirations as much as those in Congress.

On what grounds do you make such an assumption lol.
: At 5/13/2014 7:05:20 PM, Crescendo wrote:
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
MoonGod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:36:36 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:06:57 AM, YYW wrote:

hahahaha
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:49:33 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:36:36 AM, MoonGod wrote:
At 12/23/2013 1:06:57 AM, YYW wrote:

hahahaha

I amend my earlier statement... if the scream were an environmentalist on ecstasy.
Tsar of DDO
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:56:59 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:33:04 AM, Noumena wrote:

I don't see the shutdown effecting the GOP's presidential aspirations as much as those in Congress.

Ted Cruz?

Future nominees, I guess.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 1:59:57 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:56:59 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:

Ted Cruz?

Yeah he ain't getting in. Not ever.

It's the Presidential election. Did you even pay attention last time?
: The difference is that the gay movement is currently pushing their will on Churches, as shown in the link to gay marriage in Denmark. Meanwhile, the Inquisition ended several centuries ago.
NightofTheLivingCats
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 2:01:57 AM
At 12/23/2013 1:59:57 AM, Noumena wrote:

Ted Cruz?

Exactly. The shutdown marked this.

No.
Noumena
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 2:32:56 AM
At 12/23/2013 2:01:57 AM, NightofTheLivingCats wrote:
At 12/23/2013 1:59:57 AM, Noumena wrote:

Ted Cruz?

Exactly. The shutdown marked this.

No.

Oh.
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 6:55:06 PM
Chris Christie vs. Hillary Clinton

Chris Christie will win the GOP nomination when all the conservative candidates split the conservative votes like the last few GOP primaries. Rand Paul nor Ted Cruz can win the nomination if they both are in in it because they share the same voter bloc of the GOP. But if Scott Walker runs he will split the moderate vote with Christie. Then who knows who will win the GOP primary.

I don't even see a clear rival for Clinton at all.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 7:10:42 PM
Hillary Clinton's top four campaign aides have bailed on her and refuse to engage in a 2016 campaign.

Chris Christie is considered a Liberal by most of the Republican base and is openly against the Tea Party. At least Romney tried not to alienate the Tea Party, Christie doesn't care and will lose the primaries.

Who has the most solid and energized support in the GOP? Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.

We will see Cruz and Paul intellectually hammer their opponents into submission on the debate floor.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 6:06:32 PM
At 12/23/2013 7:10:42 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Hillary Clinton's top four campaign aides have bailed on her and refuse to engage in a 2016 campaign.

Chris Christie is considered a Liberal by most of the Republican base and is openly against the Tea Party. At least Romney tried not to alienate the Tea Party, Christie doesn't care and will lose the primaries.

Who has the most solid and energized support in the GOP? Ted Cruz and Rand Paul.

We will see Cruz and Paul intellectually hammer their opponents into submission on the debate floor.

Rand Paul is more appealing than Ted Cruz. There are mixed feelings about Ted Cruz throughout the party. Some seem to love him(Tea Party) and others hate him(I.E Peter King, Chris Christie). I think Rand Paul showed that he can handle adversity and is willing to ring in new voters.

If Chris Christie, wins the nomination(I hope not), I promise he won't even win New Jersey. Just like how Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney did not carry either of their home states. Why chose someone who can't even win their home state?
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc
ClassicRobert
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 7:28:29 PM
Ron Paul 2012

Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 7:55:40 PM
I read somewhere that Biden was going to run.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 7:58:02 PM
Nvm, he was declared a potential candidate.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
EndarkenedRationalist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 8:46:02 PM
It's probably going to be Hilary Clinton from the Democrats.

From the Republicans, I'd like to think it would be someone sensible like Christie, but since the Tea Party is insanely far to the right and will likely destroy the Republican party, it'll probably be some nutball, like all the competitors in 2012 (Santorum, Perry, etc).

Problem is, Clinton isn't capable of unifying the parties again. The polarisation will only continue.
Ayyuba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 2:39:57 AM
I want a libertarian to win. I am tired of this big government sh1t.
So you wanna know all about Sitara, huh? Knowledge is power, and you want knowledge of me? With great power comes great responsibility, so I hope you understand what you're getting yourself into. Don't say I didn't warn you.
http://www.writerscafe.org...
http://www.infowars.com...
http://www.condomdepot.com...
http://www.fundabortionnow.org...
"Anyone who knows anything about the presidency knows that liberalism and conservatism have jack sh*t to do with being president." -Im
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2013 9:48:52 PM
Hilary Clinton (Democrat) vs Chris Christie (Conservative)

Hilary is going to win and be the first female President... I predict.