Jump to topic:

Dearest friends of USA

Habibi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 7:55:52 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Every day is fear and horror. Every day we get new names of prisoners of conscience jailed in Saudi Arabia. I bet that the West had heard just about Dr. Abdullah al-Hamid and Muhammd al-Qahtani.
My brother graduated Oxford. Now he is ACPRA activist. He was just released. He says that Saudi jails burst with lots of his like-minded fellows. They are kept in dirt. They are tortured and humiliated. They aren't allowed medical treatment. And activist women aren't allowed any proper tribunal. They are just accused of adultery and condemned to traditional 100 lashes. However some do not survive this punishment.
Now thousands of people including women and children are staging a protest rally here, in Riyadh. However everyone in the world cries about Ukraine. But neither Al-Jazeera nor CNN mention Riyadh riots.
Here are those famous double standards. I live in the most tyrannical country in the Middle East. All educated people or people of Western culture are persona non grata here. No freedom of speech. No freedom of expression. There is less democracy than in North Korea. Corruption and coercion, those are main instruments of power here.
However it doesn't bother America, the big friend of Saudi monarchy. Mr. Obama is totally satisfied with loads of Saudi oil he receives. In fact he's already become a part of local corrupted system.
Tophatdoc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2013 12:05:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 12/24/2013 7:55:52 AM, Habibi wrote:
Every day is fear and horror. Every day we get new names of prisoners of conscience jailed in Saudi Arabia. I bet that the West had heard just about Dr. Abdullah al-Hamid and Muhammd al-Qahtani.
My brother graduated Oxford. Now he is ACPRA activist. He was just released. He says that Saudi jails burst with lots of his like-minded fellows. They are kept in dirt. They are tortured and humiliated. They aren't allowed medical treatment. And activist women aren't allowed any proper tribunal. They are just accused of adultery and condemned to traditional 100 lashes. However some do not survive this punishment.
Now thousands of people including women and children are staging a protest rally here, in Riyadh. However everyone in the world cries about Ukraine. But neither Al-Jazeera nor CNN mention Riyadh riots.
Here are those famous double standards. I live in the most tyrannical country in the Middle East. All educated people or people of Western culture are persona non grata here. No freedom of speech. No freedom of expression. There is less democracy than in North Korea. Corruption and coercion, those are main instruments of power here.
However it doesn't bother America, the big friend of Saudi monarchy. Mr. Obama is totally satisfied with loads of Saudi oil he receives. In fact he's already become a part of local corrupted system.
I agree with you, the United States shouldn't be supporting this country as much as it does. The United States should be trying to pressure Saudi Arabia into becoming more humane allowing more free speech and a bit more freedom of expression.

But majority of Americans like the Saudi Arabian oil providers. So they won't raise a voice against Saudi Arabia. It reminds me of when Christian Brose, Condlezza Rice's speechwriter, wanted her to discuss three Saudi dissidents who were imprisoned in a speech. The speech was toned down significantly to satisfy Saudi Arabia. Many Americans are too concerned with themselves to care about Saudi Arabia sadly.
"Don't click on my profile. Don't send me friend requests. Don't read my debates. There are many interesting people on DDO. Find one of them. Go find someone exciting and loquacious. Go click on their profile. Go send them friend requests. Go read their debates. Leave me alone." -Tophatdoc